Why reasons for hating Rarity do not make sense

Tarnation

:grin: hello there! I will give you reasons as to why rarity haters reasons for, well, hating rarity are nonsense.....(no offence) :please::sunbutt::love:

1.rarity has tonnes of gems- one of the reasons i have seen. I mean SERIOUSLY, THAT IS SOOOO PETTY. JUST BCAUSE SHE HAS LOTS OF GEMS DOESN'T MEAN YOU HATE HER.

2. she is not generous- OK..... WHERE IS THERE ANY SENSE IN THIS? SHE IS GENEROUS. She is self conscious about her appearance yet she gave away her tail. And she gave away gems in manehatten. IS THAT NOT GENEROUS ENOUGH?! :okiedokieloki::pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

:rarity:img-38032-1-Rsigpurple.png:rarity:<p> best pony

.......... And what in TARNATION?!

I am not the biggest fan of her. Am i a hater now?

Bottom Line is, everybody has different opinions and preferences.

• Brohoof 2

My OC Mesme Rize: >https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/mesme-rize-r8777

img-31596-1-img-31596-1-msg-34233-0-90052000-1465262037.jpg

Thank you Randimaxis for this Wonderful Avatar. smile.png

Please, don't be afraid to talk to me. I am not as unapproachable, as you might think.

I thought that I would hate her when I first started to watch the show but after seeing some episodes with her I can honestly say that  I don't hate her. She isn't my favourite no but she is way more likable than I ever anticipated

ironic AF I was watching "Suited For Success" (yes I'm still in season 1) just this morning. I kinda have a crush on Rarity. Not just her beauty, her personality and the way she conducts herself.

SPOILER ALERT - I also couldn't help but smile at her darn-perfect impersonation of Pinkie Pie in "The Gift of Maud Pie". That was a great episode man  :grin:

• Brohoof 6

“All Muslims are like a foundation, each strengthening the other; in such a way they do support each other.” (Abu Musa, Bukhari & Muslim)

“Say: He is God, who is One. God, the Eternal. He begets not, nor is He begotten. And there is none like unto Him.” (Chapter 112, Qur'an)

Dude, I love Rarity too, but people who don't like Rarity are allowed to have their own opinion about her.

It's how things are and since people respect that you like Rarity, you must respect that other people might not agree.  :twi:

It's alright, I get that you're upset because people hate on one of your favs, but you can't blame them for having a different opinion.

• Brohoof 1

I have never faulted anyone for disliking Rarity. For one, she isn't the most accessible character and some of her mannerisms can be an acquired taste that some just won't find a connection with. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Most people that don't like her tend to acknowledge and accept why other people do find her appealing, and that is all you can reasonably ask for.

Also, I would be remiss in mentioning again that originally Rarity was was dead last for me ... and one of her appearances actually turned me off on the show back in 2011. It took three years and two prodding kids to bring me back.

• Brohoof 5

:grin: hello there! I will give you reasons as to why rarity haters reasons for, well, hating rarity are nonsense.....(no offence) :please::sunbutt::love:

1.rarity has tonnes of gems- one of the reasons i have seen. I mean SERIOUSLY, THAT IS SOOOO PETTY. JUST BCAUSE SHE HAS LOTS OF GEMS DOESN'T MEAN YOU HATE HER.

2. she is not generous- OK..... WHERE IS THERE ANY SENSE IN THIS? SHE IS GENEROUS. She is self conscious about her appearance yet she gave away her tail. And she gave away gems in manehatten. IS THAT NOT GENEROUS ENOUGH?! :okiedokieloki::pinkie:

I made some modifications to the title for clarity and fit. :please:

• Brohoof 3

People are different and have different opinions based on their experiences with the characters. I like Rarity most but I am alright if someone says to me that Rarity isnt their favorite I accept their opinion and I wont force my opinion into them.

However there are people who treat others in mean manner based on their likings and opinions that is called bullying or that is what i view that kind of behaviour as  and it is better not listen it since people who practice this kind of behaviour arent worth listening  I think 

I seen those who voice their negative opinion strongly on certain subjects and attack anyone who says otherwise and I seen those who cannot accept any negative opinions on the certain subject and attack agaist everyone who says otherwise. 

I think it is best to not attack anyone and be happy together with your fellow ponies =)=) <3

• Brohoof 2

If im completely honest, my first impression of Rarity was, that she was a b****. ( well, i didnt mean it that bad, but i dont know any other word in english to describe her less insulting...egoistic perhaps? )

I thought she was someone, who only cared how People look like and constantly thought about changing everything, so that other People appeal to her eyes.

That was just what i thought.

Later on, i started to really like her though, so much that she was my favorite character from the show. 

I dont remember exactly how my Opinion changed, but some things i think i remember was, that she was one of the more adult characters.

She and Twilight were often more serious and more reasonable.

Also, Rarity had some moments in the Show, in which she really helped People and so, all my Reasons that i had at the beginning, for hating her, were gone.

And now i have her as an Avatar and as part of my name.

And not for the first time either. 

But as i said, i dont exactly remember anymore how my Opinion changed so drastic from worst character, to best character but it did.

Now i really like her.

Signature.png.dfe30e494cadddd2f98e87ea7e3841eb.png

Sig made by Kyoshi

I also hate Applejack because she has too many apples.  :sleep:

(edited)

You know if it this was a few years ago maybe I would understand this but now? Who the hell hates Rarity anymore? I think I literally see less active dislike for her than I do for Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Twilight these days. Hell just like a month ago I saw a "list your favorites in order!" thread on the Pony Subreddit and Rarity was in more peoples top 3 than ANY OTHER CHARACTER (out of like I think it was like 20-30 responses she was Top 3 in all but like 3 people's list). And especially on THIS site which is practically a bastion of utter Rarity love, I mean have you SEEN the Rarity fanclub thread? There's probably not a bigger character circlejerk anywhere else in the fandom than that thread. It's literally like 1100+ pages or so of how great Rarity is.

Id also argue that alongside Rainbow Dash and maybe Fluttershy, Rarity has the most utterly devout fanbase despite none of them having a fanbase quite as LARGE as Twilight. I should know, Im a pretty freaking devout Rarity fan.

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

RARITY IS THE BEST PONY EVER 

People hating a character just simply because they don't care about that certain character. They've feel the need to see one's flaws and judge them based on that assumption alone. For Rarity, some people can connect with her character and some cannot.

If you find yourselves actually HATING one of the mane six, like actual vitriolic hatred, then I would please like to show you the door and tell you to leave the fandom pronto. One of them could be your least favorite, or you could just be kinda "meh" about the character in question, but if you are like "I hate that fucking Pinkie Pie holy shit I want her to die." or "Rarity is just an irredeemable bitch and i hate her guts" (paraphrasing of some of the more colorful youtube comments from 'bronies' I've read) then please for the love of Celestia stop watching the show that makes you so irritated. 

If you find yourselves actually HATING one of the mane six, like actual vitriolic hatred, then I would please like to show you the door and tell you to leave the fandom pronto. One of them could be your least favorite, or you could just be kinda "meh" about the character in question, but if you are like "I hate that fucking Pinkie Pie holy shit I want her to die." or "Rarity is just an irredeemable bitch and i hate her guts" (paraphrasing of some of the more colorful youtube comments from 'bronies' I've read) then please for the love of Celestia stop watching the show that makes you so irritated. 

Wow, I'm surprised. I cant believe that some "bronies" actually stated their profound hate in that fashion. 

I honestly am shocked I just read what I did.

A few posts have been hidden. Referring to normal girls as whores is the complete opposite of OK on MLPF. Stay classy people!

• Brohoof 6