Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

g3/core 7 Should the remainder of the core 7 be migrated into g4?

ManaMinori

5 of the Core 7 characters from G3 have made it into g4. Scootaloo, Cheerilee, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Sweetie Belle. Toola Roola (best of the core 7), and Starsong have been left behind. Would you guys want to see these two become permanent characters in FiM?

Would they be background characters? Reoccurring?

Who would you pair off in a duo episode with Starsong or Toola Roola?

would you consider it a milestone or taboo to have all the mane cast of a previous generation migrated into a newer generation of MLP, which has never been done before?

Do you have more preference for Starsong or Toola Roola?

• Brohoof 1

Not sure if they're even in the toys, but I  wouldn;t mind if they become part of FiM cast. What about Minty? From my understanding, she's also a main G3 character :huh: (though, I admit I got a more personal reason for wishing her presence) 

• Brohoof 2

Many of the Core 7 characters transferred into G4 are really 'in name only', so I'm not sure what would actually arrive after the transfer to be honest.

Given their personalities will likely not make it, I have to go by the names. So I'm going to pick Starsong, because I really like that name. :)

• Brohoof 1

Not sure if they're even in the toys, but I  wouldn;t mind if they become part of FiM cast. What about Minty? From my understanding, she's also a main G3 character :huh: (though, I admit I got a more personal reason for wishing her presence)

they were in g3 toys as for g4, the only g3 ponies to slip into the toy line (that I know of) are Skywishes and Minty
  • Brohoof 2

I'd love to see more past-gen ponies redesigned and introduced in the FiM universe! :D

Seeing Toola-Roola as a pink-bodied version of Rainbow Dash would be fun. Her cartoon version had a pretty colorful mane, after all...

• Brohoof 1

I'd love to see more past-gen ponies redesigned and introduced in the FiM universe! :D

Seeing Toola-Roola as a pink-bodied version of Rainbow Dash would be fun. Her cartoon version had a pretty colorful mane, after all...

mybe they could use her original design, but ke ep her redesign cutie mark? (Though I think her complete redesign is cuter than the original)

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Toola-Roola

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

i'd like that. If they can't find an actual role for them, it would be nice if they're at least in the background.

What about Minty? From my understanding, she's also a main G3 character :huh: (though, I admit I got a more personal reason for wishing her presence) 

She's appeared in 2 of the books, one of the comics, and some commercials, as well as in merchandise, but she hasn't been on the actual show.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

I think if any come into play it would be looking at whether any niches remain in FiM to be filled.

No point doubling up on character types.

However, nothing stopping them putting in previous generations as background or bit characters.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...
(edited)

I think it's okay to be posting this here.

I'm bringing this thread back because it looks like Toola Roola will make an appearance, or at the very least, someone that resembles her (along with Coconut Cream). They show up at the 20 second mark of this promo:

Unless they throw a curveball and give her a different name, that just leaves Starsong as the only Core 7 character to not appear on FiM.

Edited by PinkiePie97
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2016 at 9:13 AM, PinkiePie97 said:

i'd like that. If they can't find an actual role for them, it would be nice if they're at least in the background.

She's appeared in 2 of the books, one of the comics, and some commercials, as well as in merchandise, but she hasn't been on the actual show.

A Very Minty Christmas says hi :lol:

915Fi2SlFbL._SY445_.jpg

On 7/19/2017 at 7:26 AM, PinkiePie97 said:

I think it's okay to be posting this here.

I'm bringing this thread back because it looks like Toola Roola will make an appearance, or at the very least, someone that resembles her (along with Coconut Cream). They show up at the 20 second mark of this promo:

Unless they throw a curveball and give her a different name, that just leaves Starsong as the only Core 7 character to not appear on FiM.

I don't see any reason to change her name :huh: . As far as I know, they have no problem with copyrights of any G3 pony names. In fact, I think they took too long to introduce a new G3 pony into FiM :dry: . WHERE'S MY MINTY :angry: ?

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2017 at 10:42 PM, SaburoDaimando said:

With Toota-Roola's migration to G4, that leaves out Starsong as the only G3 Pony to be ported to G4.  I wonder if she'll be Starlight's younger sister?  Or her own pupil?

You know? Most of the ponies at the beginning of the show are from previous generations, but lately they have been introducing new ponies and old ones are introduced far more scarcely :huh: ? 

• Brohoof 1