Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Honest Trailer for this should be interesting

TheAnimatorOfficial

You know, I don't think Screen Junkies will make an Honest Trailer for it. It seems to me like it's a base they'd rather not cover. They've tiptoed around making one for the actual show, so unless the movie is a knockout blockbuster, I doubt they'll even consider it.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if they did.

You know, I don't think Screen Junkies will make an Honest Trailer for it. It seems to me like it's a base they'd rather not cover. They've tiptoed around making one for the actual show, so unless the movie is a knockout blockbuster, I doubt they'll even consider it.

I can imagine them doing one. They won't face any backlash if they're making fun of the fandom (besides a few 12 year old kids).

(edited)

I can imagine them doing one. They won't face any backlash if they're making fun of the fandom (besides a few 12 year old kids).

I still have my doubts. Maybe, if the concept of the fandom was still new, they could have made an Honest Trailer poking fun at Bronies. But the way I see it, that's just not gonna work.

Just pointing and saying, "Hey look, Bronies!" isn't gonna work anymore. Not now that Bronies are such a huge part of pop culture. If they did decide to do it, they would have to be really clever about it.

Bronies, as the punchline in and of itself, is not something people 'ooh' and 'ahh' at anymore. It would be the same thing we've heard countless times, only this time from Screen Junkies. And I wouldn't really care for that.

Now, if they did make an Honest Trailer for the movie (or show), I also do imagine that they would make a jab or two at Bronies. But Honest Trailers, for the majority, are making fun of the movies/shows/games that the video is about. That's why I watch them.

If they made an Honest Trailer for MLP, I would expect it to make fun of MLP. Not the fandom.

Edited by GeekySonic
  • Brohoof 1

They do not do TV trailers that often and none for any animated tv show I believe so it is not that odd. They do not do a lot for animated films either but if the fans asks a trailer a lot they might and we need to ask a lot if we actually want one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...