Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Too much Rarity this season

dragoonanime

Well she is my 2nd favorite from the mane 6, and one of the only characters that remain interesting after so long, so i dont mind (as long as If it doesnt come at the expense of Starlight/Twilight screen time, which doesnt seem to be the case).

• 2 weeks later...

I can see where this is coming from.  She has been very heavily featured, but I feel like phrasing it this way is flawed.  You can't have too much of something so great, you can only have too little of other good stuff.  Hence, there hasn't been "too much Rarity", but rather there hasn't been quite enough Rainbow, AJ, Pinkie, Twilight, Fluttershy, and Spike.

I agree, there has been way to much Rarity so far. I am getting really sick and tired of it. As much as I try to like Rarity, I just can't get over the fact of how shallow she is at times! Also, I hate the whole sophisticated society thing. Do not get me wrong, I still like Rarity, she is just my least favorite in the mane 6. I get that a lot of people love Rarity. I can understand why, but there does come a point when Rarity is in it WAY TO MUCH. Give some other ponies spotlight!

I agree I am a little tired of seeing Rarity I would like it if they had more episodes focusing less on the mane 6 and more on other characters I know they had maybe 1 or 2 episodes focusing on background characters, but it would be nice to see the focus on other characters instead of the mane 6 I am tired of seeing them all to be honest I get more laughs from the background characters then I do the mane 6 and it would be nice if they brought back the beautiful Arabian horses I would like to learn more about them.

• Brohoof 1

Nah, I like rarity so more is better. Making a show like this is hard to balance out how much you use of each character. I think Applejack and Rainbow Dash are probably used the least. Or maybe Applejack. 

I agree I am a little tired of seeing Rarity I would like it if they had more episodes focusing less on the mane 6 and more on other characters I know they had maybe 1 or 2 episodes focusing on background characters, but it would be nice to see the focus on other characters instead of the mane 6 I am tired of seeing them all to be honest I get more laughs from the background characters then I do the mane 6 and it would be nice if they brought back the beautiful Arabian horses I would like to learn more about them.

While I'm not bored of the mane6 like you, I do very much say we should get some more BG pony episodes and Saddle Arabians. Some people say we've been getting too much of the BG ponies but that makes no sense. There are well over 120 episodes now and only ONE focused primarily on background ponies - and the mane6 were still in it. Some BG ponies have gotten more time lately such as Vinyl but that's relative. BG ponies have always been present to some degree in episodes. That's why they are called BG ponies.  :P

What we need is more of Detective Rarity. Once I found out she had a talent for deductive reasoning, She shot way up in my respect. I do love a mystery. 

I have to say I'd be interested. That Rarity Investigates episode was hilarious!  :lol:

After Spice Up Your Life, I'm convinced there's too much Rarity in Season 6.

When I showed the episode to my family, their reaction was "Rarity again?" Yeah. When even casual fans notice it...it's a bit much.  :confused:

I'd like to reiterate that the original point of this thread was how much attention Rarity has gotten and NOT how much any of us actually likes her. Just because we like or dislike Rarity doesn't mean she has gotten or should have more or less presence in the show. Twilight is my favorite pony alongside Fluttershy but I don't think they should have a lion's share of the show. Would I enjoy it? Sure. Would it be fair? No.  :adorkable:

• Brohoof 3

BlackWater627: that is true they are called background characters for a reason lol the 2 background characters I would like to see more of and learn about is the crystal ponies and the Arabian horses I don't hate the main 6 and I understand they make the merchandise and are the main characters, but the episodes they are in just were boring to me I felt the background characters made the episodes worth watching more then the mane 6.

What we need is more of Detective Rarity. Once I found out she had a talent for deductive reasoning, She shot way up in my respect. I do love a mystery. 

Well Twilight was the first one to play detective from MMMmmmmystery on... whatever that one was called. I can see both having their strengths and pairing up together on a case.

Twilight has read tons of books, is very organized and is a remarkably intelligent pony. Rarity on the other hand has a knack for noticing all the small details and has good street and social knowledge, knowing her way around town and all the knacks of the villagers.

Well Twilight was the first one to play detective from MMMmmmmystery on... whatever that one was called. I can see both having their strengths and pairing up together on a case.

Twilight has read tons of books, is very organized and is a remarkably intelligent pony. Rarity on the other hand has a knack for noticing all the small details and has good street and social knowledge, knowing her way around town and all the knacks of the villagers.

Rarity is a detective. Twilight has the makings of a good CSI. That's how I see it.

Quiet, you! There can never be "too much" Rarity! Hell, they could devote an entire season to the fashion goddess Rarity and I would watch them all!

So don't say such blasphemy!

She's the new main unicorn of the series. Twilight Sparkle used to be the main one in the previous seasons, but that changed after her transformation.

No no, hasbro has a new "better" unicorn! One who has two parters revolving around her!

1097894__safe_solo_screencap_smiling_loo

• Brohoof 1