Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv How many here are Hyped for Finding Dory?

Lunatone

(edited)

I know I am!

I've always loved Finding Nemo as a kid; you could say it had the biggest influence on me growing up, as well as my all time favourite movie Twister. Now that Finding Dory, which is practically a sequel to Finding Nemo, is about to be released, after 13 years or so, it's the definition of giga, mega, ultra hype XD. At least to me.

Not to mention who doesn't love Ellen DeGeneres?

Tell me your input on this upcoming film!

~Lunatone

Edited by Lunatone
  • Brohoof 1

Not necessarily hyped but I am excited. I am not sure what to expect because I never expected Finding Memo to get a sequel but it's Pixar...I'm sure it'll be heartwarming.

I'm skeptical. Finding Nemo is one of those movies I don't feel needed a sequel. But at the very least I'm hoping the same kind of heart and effort is put into this one as it was the first movie

• Brohoof 2

I'm skeptical. Finding Nemo is one of those movies I don't feel needed a sequel. But at the very least I'm hoping the same kind of heart and effort is put into this one as it was the first movie

I agree with you 100% actually. I'm just excited for the fact that it's going to be something new, and better than most of the films that are out in the industry.

~Lunatone

Has it really been 13 years?! Well, I guess it's due a sequel treatment. I hope they have more screen time for the younger generation (Squirt and Nemo), they should have an adventure of their own. That would be cool. 

I'm sure Pixar put a lot of good effort into this one. It is one of their staple properties so I don't think they'll just make a quick knock-off.  

• Brohoof 2

I'm really looking forward to it! :squee: I just very much hope it does not disappoint.

Finding Nemo is a film I always greatly enjoy, so after so long I can't wait until Finding Dory. :) I definitely wish for it to turn out well! :yay:

(edited)

I am a bit skeptical about it to be honest.

I am not really liking how many sequels Pixar has making and will be making these past few years.

And I don't think Nemo really needed a follow up.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 2

I can't wait! Pixar has been doing well with movies recently (I can't speak for the Good Dinosuar though) and I've been excited for Finding Dory for a while. It looks pretty good I don't see how they could mess it up badly.

• Brohoof 1

It looks super cute so I am going to see it when I can. Plus Ellen is an amazing human being.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Didn't see another thread for this movie, so will post here. Saw it yesterday and thought it was great. Maybe not on the same level as either Finding Nemo or Inside Out, but still exciting and with a lot of heart.

So, when I saw the first one, I assumed "short term memory loss" was a common trait for Blue Tangs or at the very least something that runs in Dory's family. Turns out that it is specific to Dory instead, which I actually think is a better way to go. As for Dory's parents, they may well be the best Disney parents I've seen, not to mention a great portrayal of parents with a child with a disability!

I liked how Marlin's relationship with Dory was expanded on in the movie. It was cool to see that, even though he is patient with her, he sometimes still gets annoyed/angry with her. Nice to see him using some of what Dory (inadvertently) taught him in the first one. Nemo was just kind of "there" in this though: cute and had some sassiness, but mostly irrelevant.

As for the newbies, Hank the "septapus" was the obvious stand-out (although I wonder if Octopi can breathe on land as he was shown to), but Bailey and Destiny were fun too. One thing I wondered about was the seal who seemed to be a stereotype of mentally disabled people. I thought he was funny, but I could see people taking offence, especially given how the other seals treated him. Kind of surprising as other characters with disabilities (Dory, Destiny, Hank, Nemo) are portrayed so tastefully and positively.

But the real surprise/break out character was PIPER!!!

piper-prima-clip-del-nuovo-corto-danimaz

OMG!!!! SOOOOOOOO cute! I wish they made stuffed animals of her! By far the best Pixar Short that actually fit the theme of the feature to boot!

Edited by Carolina

(edited)

I'm kind of skeptical. I mean, Finding Nemo was my favorite movie growing up, but at the same time, I usually don't trust movie sequels that came out 13 years after the original, plus Finding Nemo didn't really "need" a sequel per se. I'll probably see that, but I might keep the bar low so I'm not too disappointed. I've heard it's getting good reviews, so that's nice to know though.

Edited by SuperALPHYSBrony
  • Brohoof 1

I got tickets ordered coming in the mail so I should be able to see it soonish. :3

Most definitely. This movie and BFG are the two films I actually REALLY want to see this year. Finding Nemo is such a wonderful film, I remember seeing it in theaters and absolutely loving it. I have a strong feeling this will be no different. I just can't believe it has been this long since Nemo.