Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think this is worth creating?  

23 users have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is worth creating?

• Yes
    • No

(edited)

I've had this idea for a while now, but I'm not sure that this is the appropriate location for it, if it is not, please correct me.

Here's the plot:

It starts with the protagonist at school, who then sees a boy sitting under a tree during recess, this boy has a note book and is drawing ponies. Then there is some dialogue between the two, during which the protagonist takes the notebook from the boy and rips up all the drawings.

Later, the protagonist goes to bed and has an odd dream, they are in a strange place that they have never seen before. It's a forest that seems pretty normal, then they start to explore. After a short while they stumble upon a pony, (appearance TBD) the pony then explains this:

"Wow, a human! And a real one at that. You're probably wondering where you are aren't you? Well, you're in the dream world. A place created entirely by one boy, in his imagination of course. No one actually has the power to create such a place.

"In this place, you can grow stronger by gaining LOVE. You want some LOVE right? Here, I'll give you some of mine."

You probably get the picture by now, right? This is based off of UNDERTALE, by Toby Fox. This is by no means a copy of UNDERTALE, I have a completely original story and some ideas for a combat system, just not the means to bring this to life. If there is enough interest, I will elaborate more on the entire game and start searching for a coder, a graphical designer, and a musician, to bring it all together, and hopefully actually make this dream of mine a reality.

So, who's with me?

Edited by NoraNut8592
  • Brohoof 3

"In this place, you can grow stronger by gaining LOVE. You want some LOVE right? Here, I'll give you some of mine."

@NoraNut8592 That line is a bit odd. Though other than that, good idea.

• Brohoof 3

That's actually meant to be a similar line from Undertale.

Anyway, this idea seems like it could work well, it just doesn't have my interest.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

That's actually meant to be a similar line from Undertale.

Anyway, this idea seems like it could work well, it just doesn't have my interest.

I think its a good idea and it could work well, while I'm not interested as such myself I see it being rather successful.

Thank you all for your opinions, they mean a lot to me.

So picking up where I left off...

The pony would then try to 'give the protagonist some love', by attacking them. Then after three dodges or one hit the pony will transform into a changling and say this.

"I am only a servant of the true darkness in this realm. And He will destroy all who stand in His path, and make this place a home for us creatures of the darkness."

I'll tell you more later.

Edited by NoraNut8592
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hoi! I'm taking over this topic for NoraNut, we talked it over in real life and agreed that since I'm more active here I could keep track of support and stuff. Now to the important stuff:

Cast:

(I'll have the rest of the spots filled when I clear it with the OC's owners.)

Damien Bolt

Flash Lightning

Sapphire Phoenix

Ruby Heart

Prof. O. O. Stone

Opal G. Stone

More Story Stuff:

Upon exiting the Dragon Forest, the player meets Flash Lightning and another character I have yet to announce, the two of them are a couple (still dating) and Flash's goal is to capture you to take you to Sapphire Phoenix who is the second in command of the elite guard.

"The Creator has ordered us to capture any Dreamwalkers that we find and bring them to him. If you will not cooperate, I will be forced to use force!" - Flash Lighting

Character relations:

Damien, Ruby and Sappirecare all siblings. Opal and the Prof. are their parents. But sadly, Opal died when she grew very ill, and the Prof. and Ruby disappeared n one of his experiments went wring. (That's just what I want you to think, it was sabotage!)

Damien is the eldest of the three, he's about 17. Sapphire is younger by about a year and Ruby was the youngest at 11.

Stay with me faithful followers!

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

The another update!

Nora and I have come to the conclusion that both of us cannot create enough characters to inhabit this game. So we are looking for OC's submitted by everypony out there to be featured in this game.

Note : we are mostly looking for average OC's and only a few strongish ones to be used as mini-bosses. So please keep this in mind before you submit any.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I doubt that he'll make the cut, but if not a boss or even a mini-boss, can Kronos at least make an appearance as an interactive character? Heck, even being a random vendor that sells miscellaneous items can work for him, like Temmie. I don't know, I'd just like to see how you'll utilize him in the game. https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/kronos-foe-r9358

Edited by Kronos
  • Brohoof 1

@,

How about Ariel, or Galatea? Their profiles are both in my signature. The part of their backstory where they're actually from the future doesn't have to apply to this story.

I could see Galatea being a merchant-type character or a helpful NPC of sorts. She's an engineer, so she could possibly provide something useful for the protagonist.

Ariel's an anxious pony, so she may not be keen on interaction. But, she's strong enough magic-wise that she could possibly be a mini-boss if she gets too scared or spooked by the protagonist, seeing that she'll lash out to defend herself if she really feels like she's in danger.

• Brohoof 1

I doubt that he'll make the cut, but if not a boss or even a mini-boss, can Kronos at least make an appearance as an interactive character? Heck, even being a random vendor that sells miscellaneous items can work for him, like Temmie. I don't know, I'd just like to see how you'll utilize him in the game. https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/kronos-foe-r9358

Dude, you read my mind. I was thinking of asking you if I could use Kronos as a mini-boss. Thanks!

@,

How about Ariel, or Galatea? Their profiles are both in my signature. The part of their backstory where they're actually from the future doesn't have to apply to this story.

I could see Galatea being a merchant-type character or a helpful NPC of sorts. She's an engineer, so she could possibly provide something useful for the protagonist.

Ariel's an anxious pony, so she may not be keen on interaction. But, she's strong enough magic-wise that she could possibly be a mini-boss if she gets too scared or spooked by the protagonist, seeing that she'll lash out to defend herself if she really feels like she's in danger.

I believe I could use the both of them, thanks!

• Brohoof 1

Dude, you read my mind. I was thinking of asking you if I could use Kronos as a mini-boss. Thanks!

Cool. If Kronos would be a mini-boss, where would he be? That'll be the only thing I'll want/need to know, because I can think of a lot of different attack patterns for Kronos.

• Brohoof 1

Cool. If Kronos would be a mini-boss, where would he be? That'll be the only thing I'll want/need to know, because I can think of a lot of different attack patterns for Kronos.

I was thinking of putting him in the technology area (actual name TBD), and have him involved in the part which the protagonist has to deal with Lupus (he's replacing Alphys to an extent).

Do you mind if I add Silvermoon in this you can choose his role

Sure, I bet I can find a place for him.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I was thinking of putting him in the technology area (actual name TBD), and have him involved in the part which the protagonist has to deal with Lupus (he's replacing Alphys to an extent).

Sure, I bet I can find a place for him.

Since Kronos is gonna be in the technology area, his attack pattern would deal with lots of laser attacks similar to Sans and would also utilize the light blue and orange attacks. If his mini-boss stage introduces the orange and light blue attacks, you can have Kronos explain how to deal with those particular attacks. I'm also thinking about having him have two different attack branches in case if there's a pacifist/genocide route thing going on. If there was a pacifist run, Kronos' attacks would be slow and mildly difficult to dodge whereas in a genocide run, his attacks and dialogue would be very aggressive and his final attack would be moderately difficult to survive. Also, if you look at my OC page, if it were a pacifist route, he'll not have his battle armor on and if it was genocide, he'll have his battle armor equipped. Edited by Kronos

• 1 month later...

Strange question here, but please hear me out:

I'm currently working on my own fangame, and while it's meant to be a 2-D platformer in its own right, I'm planning to add some RPG elements to the game, plus it's got a level editor attached to it.

Do you suppose that, if the game engine had enough RPG elements (and more player-character customization options than it has today), you could use it to build the PONYTALE game you're thinking of?

There's a link to it here if you're interested, though I should warn you that it's a pretty big download.

http://s3.staticvoidgames.com/games/WeatherFactoryMeltdown/Weather Factory Meltdown sourceCode v0.2.0.jar

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys, it's been a while, I know. But the time has finally come for me to start development on the game! (Yay!) :yay: I don't know when it will be done, it could take quite a while, but when it's done, I guarantee it will be awesome! See you next time!

I've had this idea for a while now, but I'm not sure that this is the appropriate location for it, if it is not, please correct me.

Here's the plot:

It starts with the protagonist at school, who then sees a boy sitting under a tree during recess, this boy has a note book and is drawing ponies. Then there is some dialogue between the two, during which the protagonist takes the notebook from the boy and rips up all the drawings.

Later, the protagonist goes to bed and has an odd dream, they are in a strange place that they have never seen before. It's a forest that seems pretty normal, then they start to explore. After a short while they stumble upon a pony, (appearance TBD) the pony then explains this:

"Wow, a human! And a real one at that. You're probably wondering where you are aren't you? Well, you're in the dream world. A place created entirely by one boy, in his imagination of course. No one actually has the power to create such a place.

You probably get the picture by now, right? This is based off of UNDERTALE, by Toby Fox. This is by no means a copy of UNDERTALE, I have a completely original story and some ideas for a combat system, just not the means to bring this to life. If there is enough interest, I will elaborate more on the entire game and start searching for a coder, a graphical designer, and a musician, to bring it all together, and hopefully actually make this dream of mine a reality.

So, who's with me?

im sorry and not trying to be rude but this is kinda cancerus and yah...

im sorry and not trying to be rude but this is kinda cancerus and yah...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but calling something "cancerous" simply for being what it is sounds pretty rude.

Why is it cancerous? Because it's inspired by Undertale? Do you think the Undertale fandom is cancerous? People say that of the MLP fandom, too, you know. Every fandom has its bad apples, and it's just a matter of fact that the trolls - which are generally the minority of any given fandom - are so vocal and obnoxious that it drowns out the quieter, friendlier part of the community.

You don't have to like the fandom. But this is a thread for fans who enjoy MLP and Undertale alike, and want to see this kind of game come to life. If you don't have anything constructive to add aside from "this is cancerous," it would be better to not say anything at all.

• Brohoof 3

Correct me if I'm wrong, but calling something "cancerous" simply for being what it is sounds pretty rude.

Why is it cancerous? Because it's inspired by Undertale? Do you think the Undertale fandom is cancerous? People say that of the MLP fandom, too, you know. Every fandom has its bad apples, and it's just a matter of fact that the trolls - which are generally the minority of any given fandom - are so vocal and obnoxious that it drowns out the quieter, friendlier part of the community.

You don't have to like the fandom. But this is a thread for fans who enjoy MLP and Undertale alike, and want to see this kind of game come to life. If you don't have anything constructive to add aside from "this is cancerous," it would be better to not say anything at all.

its in the way that most HIE storys are cancer

its in the way that most HIE storys are cancer

Okay. I still fail to see how something like this is cancerous... Because it's a trope that's been overdone? There's plenty of stories that use overused tropes, and they're not "cancerous." Nothing about this is "cancerous." The basic premise is interesting; whether it will be good or not is a matter of opinion.

• Brohoof 2

• 9 months later...

If you do indeed plan on doing this I would like to recommend making sure you bring this up with TobyFox himself. He is quite the stickler about fan games.