Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Strifes of Pandora [Light-Hearted, Survival]

FancyHorse

@,

I wish I knew myself. I kinda lost track while waiting for one of my groups members to post.

Alright. What's the local area the setting in? The Arid Nexus? New Haven? Give me some familiar locations.

Alright. What's the local area the setting in? The Arid Nexus? New Haven? Give me some familiar locations.

New Haven is the main location along with the surrounding areas, such as the Arid Nexus and Badlands.  I'm not sure if Fyrestone's been brought up, though it's possible.

• Brohoof 1

New Haven is the main location along with the surrounding areas, such as the Arid Nexus and Badlands.  I'm not sure if Fyrestone's been brought up, though it's possible.

Alrighty. I think I've got a good idea.

@

I can't speak for everyone else, though @@genessee and I are currently out in the badlands, with my Bronze Bulwark trying to turn in a bounty to pay off her debt to a bandit chief while gen's Lance stows away on her runner.

That's my understanding of it.

Well this looks like a place for my OC Techno Universal so I'll do a costume backstory for him so he fits in. Also please PM me on what I can change for him to fit in the RP if there are eany problems with his character. And also I don't have a complete image of him yet but I have another user on the forms currently drawing him but it may be a while until it's completed. :)

(I've now tried to fix some things with him in the edited backstory!)

OC Page/Description: In the beginning there was a top secret lab on earth where scientists were studying magic and where trying to find a way to generate it. They then discovered that somehow magic was the very fabric of space time so they then renamed it to universal energy. They finally managed to create a universal energy generator that then allowed them to create computers and artificial horn devices that would use it. But they knew that it would be possibly too dangerous to experiment with it on earth so they decided to move their operations to Pandora as there won't be as much damage if there was a accidental disaster. They then built a robotic Alicorn named Techno Universal as a new possible leader of the company. They choose one of their best and smartest scientists to have their brain inserted into the robot. So they chose Techno the unicorn that came up with the idea of universal energy. The company then actually got a official name that was Celestial labs.inc and then they had a 3000 meter tall office building built in NewHaven that was also a testing facility. Techno was always in his control room on the top floor of the building monitoring the activity in there. It's mainly because of theaves trying to brake in to get their hooves on the universal energy equipment within the building. But if the theaves succeed the hole world would be at stake. Currently he is planning for another testing facility to be built in the wastland.

Class: Roboexecutive

Special Ability: he has a inbuilt universal command prompt system that allows him to do anything he decides to do but he highly limits use of it to make sure he doesn't brake something in the universal quantum timeline as he is still learning what is safe to do and what can crash the timeline. But his system is quite easy to interfere with currently so hackers and even certain forms of magic can make him glitch uncontrollably or even crash his system.

Edited by Techno Universal

@@Techno Universal

Once again, I'm not the GM, so you're free to take my word with a grain of salt, but these are the two biggest problems as I see them with your character.

1. Pandora (the planet where this takes place) is a destitute backwater.  The only reason people came to the planet was because of heavy Dahl investment in mining due to legends circulating about ancient alien vaults hidden deep underground.  They found nothing but disappointment, and Dahl decided to cut their losses and abandon the planet, leaving behind thousands of former employees who are now forced to eek out a meager living through banditry or subsistence farming.  New Haven itself is a shanty-town and the closest thing to civilized life on the planet during this time period.  I don't see any reason why a corporation as powerful as Celestial Labs, Inc. would want to build a 3000 meter tall tower (which, when converted, comes out to about 9842.5 ft, or 1.86 miles.  Seriously, why would a lab need that much space?!  Not to mention the engineering problems that would result, but I could go on all day) packed full of state-of-the-art and priceless technology on the planetary equivalent of Somalia?!
  2. I feel that your action ability is much too overpowered and needs more limits.  Exactly what those limits should be, I'll leave up to the @@Your Nightly Spectre, but I would pick one specific thing (such as short-term time manipulation) and stick with it.

EDIT: I just realized you requested that people should PM you if there are any problems with your character.  I would do that, but I don't think there's any way to delete posts :(

Edited by Hazard Time

he has a inbuilt universal command prompt system that allows him to do anything he decides to do but he highly limits use of it to make sure he doesn't brake something in the universal quantum timeline as he is still learning what is safe to do and what can crash the timeline.

Yeah don't have that ability, makes it very over powered.

You also could end up causing the world to be populated by Zombies Ponies by editing the timeline  

Okay now I've tried to fix some things with him in his backstory so he probably would fit in better!!! :)

OC Page/Description: In the beginning there was a top secret lab on earth where scientists were studying magic and where trying to find a way to generate it. They then discovered that somehow magic was the very fabric of space time so they then renamed it to universal energy. They finally managed to create a universal energy generator that then allowed them to create computers and artificial horn devices that would use it. But they knew that it would be possibly too dangerous to experiment with it on earth so they decided to move their operations to Pandora as there won't be as much damage if there was a accidental disaster. They then built a robotic Alicorn named Techno Universal as a new possible leader of the company. They choose one of their best and smartest scientists to have their brain inserted into the robot. So they chose Techno the unicorn that came up with the idea of universal energy. The company then actually got a official name that was Celestial labs.inc and then they had a 3000 meter tall office building built in NewHaven that was also a testing facility. The thing is that the hole company is contained within the tower in NewHaven. Techno was always in his control room on the top floor of the building monitoring the activity in there. It's mainly because of theaves trying to brake in to get their hooves on the universal energy equipment within the building. But if the theaves succeed the hole world would be at stake. Currently he is planning for another testing facility to be built in the wastland. And also currently they are experimenting with rewiring ponies brains so a lot of the employees in the tower where taken out of the wasteland and had information installed in this way to make sure that they were trustworthy and reliable employees. But still a huge number of employees were from earth originally.

Class: Roboexecutive

Special Ability: he has a inbuilt universal command prompt system that allows him to do anything he decides to do but he highly limits use of it to make sure he doesn't brake something in the universal quantum timeline as he is still learning what is safe to do and what can crash the timeline. It also depends on if he can successfully calculate the command string required for the action and also his system cannot handle commands that are too long. But also his system is quite easy to interfere with currently so hackers and even certain forms of magic can make him glitch uncontrollably or even crash his system.

Edited by Techno Universal

@@genessee @@BloodDrops

I might be wrong, but just in case I'm not and there are some conflicts over what a buzzard is, I've included a picture below.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/borderlands/images/7/71/BL2_flying_bandit_vehicle.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20120226195008

Is that a one seater? If so, well... fudge.

Edited by genessee

Is that a one seater? If so, well... fudge.

If you look on the sides, you can see seats.  There's enough room for two passengers (one on each side) and that's about it.

Also, while I'm here...

Okay now I've tried to fix some things with him in his backstory so he probably would fit in better!!! OC Page/Description: In the beginning there was a top secret lab on earth where scientists were studying magic and where trying to find a way to generate it. They then discovered that somehow magic was the very fabric of space time so they then renamed it to universal energy. They finally managed to create a universal energy generator that then allowed them to create computers and artificial horn devices that would use it. But they knew that it would be possibly too dangerous to experiment with it on earth so they decided to move their operations to Pandora as there won't be as much damage if there was a accidental disaster. They then built a robotic Alicorn named Techno Universal as a new possible leader of the company. They choose one of their best and smartest scientists to have their brain inserted into the robot. So they chose Techno the unicorn that came up with the idea of universal energy. The company then actually got a official name that was Celestial labs.inc and then they had a 3000 meter tall office building built in NewHaven that was also a testing facility. The thing is that the hole company is contained within the tower in NewHaven. Techno was always in his control room on the top floor of the building monitoring the activity in there. It's mainly because of theaves trying to brake in to get their hooves on the universal energy equipment within the building. But if the theaves succeed the hole world would be at stake. Currently he is planning for another testing facility to be built in the wastland. Class: Roboexecutive Special Ability: he has a inbuilt universal command prompt system that allows him to do anything he decides to do but he highly limits use of it to make sure he doesn't brake something in the universal quantum timeline as he is still learning what is safe to do and what can crash the timeline. It also depends on if he can successfully calculate the command string required for the action and also his system cannot handle commands that are too long. But also his system is quite easy to interfere with currently so hackers and even certain forms of magic can make him glitch uncontrollably or even crash his system.

Again, I'm not the GM, but let me refer back to my critique of your original application

Pandora (the planet where this takes place) is a destitute backwater.  The only reason people came to the planet was because of heavy Dahl investment in mining due to legends circulating about ancient alien vaults hidden deep underground.  They found nothing but disappointment, and Dahl decided to cut their losses and abandon the planet, leaving behind thousands of former employees who are now forced to eek out a meager living through banditry or subsistence farming.  New Haven itself is a shanty-town and the closest thing to civilized life on the planet during this time period.  I don't see any reason why a corporation as powerful as Celestial Labs, Inc. would want to build a 3000 meter tall tower (which, when converted, comes out to about 9842.5 ft, or 1.86 miles.  Seriously, why would a lab need that much space?!  Not to mention the engineering problems that would result, but I could go on all day) packed full of state-of-the-art and priceless technology on the planetary equivalent of Somalia?! I feel that your action ability is much too overpowered and needs more limits.  Exactly what those limits should be, I'll leave up to the @Your Nightly Spectre, but I would pick one specific thing (such as short-term time manipulation) and stick with it.  

Aside from the the action ability, the only other thing you addressed was why the tower has to be so tall, which you have since reasoned by stuffing the entire corporation's assets into it.  However, that only brings up more questions, such as:

1. Why would a corporation worth billions invest all of their money in a backwater?  I'll again return to my analogy of building a research facility in the heart of war-torn Somalia.
  2. As large as that tower is, what reason is there that the corporation can't give everyone on Pandora a job and so solve one of the biggest problem on Pandora, which is the widespread squalor?

As for your action ability, I'll leave it up to @@Your Nightly Spectre to review it.

Also, @@BloodDrops, your image isn't working.

Edited by Hazard Time

My apologies, but RL is being quite mean to me at the moment; I'll get something in in the next day or two.

so your saying i need to eat one of you? 

No, as Hazard's Brone is driving and Lance and Blood [You] are in the passenger seats. But you need to change the thing about getting territorial in the nonexistent cockpit if you haven't already. :D