Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Quibble Pants Fan Club

Wind Chaser

Added the spoiler tag @Wind Chaser for the sake of those who haven't seen the episode yet, but great to see this for such a solid character. :)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I found myself really liking this character. He's more sympathetic than I'd expect the "nitpicky fan" archetype to be, although he's not without his share of flaws either. I found him very entertaining and felt his character growth was very organic and left a lot of potential for future development. Would very much like to see him again. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I found myself really liking this character. He's more sympathetic than I'd expect the "nitpicky fan" archetype to be, although he's not without his share of flaws either. I found him very entertaining and felt his character growth was very organic and left a lot of potential for future development. Would very much like to see him again.

I agree with you there. A lot of people were apprehensive about this because of fears that he would be a Straw Character like in so many other episodes, especially since Season 5. However, I think the fact that a guest star was voicing this character made the writers put in a little extra effort, like they did with Cheese Sandwich and Discord. I especially like that he has a hand in saving the day at the end and that he learns a good lesson that many in the fandom should take notice of. There's potential in him, but unfortunately Oswalt's guest star status makes a return less likely beyond a cameo.

I think a great judge as to the popularity of a character is how much fans want to ship him. Fans ship him so much it makes me want to throw my guts up, which is a good sign (for everyone involved, not for me :P ).

I actually liked this character more than I thought I would. I like his design as well.

Agreed about the design, but he looks like my main OC, which combined with his similarities in personality made me quite a bit uneasy when watching the episode. O_O

They know too much. :o

Edited by Wind Chaser

The real question is:

What's your natural mane color mister? Or does he Daring Do hair all the time?

I hope we see him at least one more time.

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...
  • 6 years later...