Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derpy Episode

Twilight Yagami

I have heard rumors that they would be airing an episode centered around Derpy in season 3. Could there be truth to this? I personally would love to see a Derpy centered cartoon as she is one of my favorit minor characters. What do you think would happen in an episode like that? Would there be a lesson or would just be random? Would it be well received by fans?

At first I thought it would be a really good idea, but now that I think about it, probably not. Since she is only a background pony it would be a little weird to just give her a spotlight for a full episode. Now, if they had her appear and talk quite often during said episode, then it would be different and make a little more sense. If she did somehow manage to get a full episode centered on her then I would not complain one the bit. Gotta love derpy :wub:

She would have a great episode! Having her come out of her "background" state would only be awesome. As long as they'd do it right and not overload on the derpiness.

Well I would love to see an episode on Derpy and I think it's possible to do one well. Sadly, I also doubt it will ever happen. I tend to think that GLaDOS has a point about it being "touchy." My personal opinion is that it's not a big deal but that's just my opinion.

Baseless rumors, maybe caused by the statement of a "freakout episode."

I'm sure it would be great, but don't really see it happening. As much as I love Derpy, maybe she is meant to remain a background character.

The episode rumors are fake, they were an April Fools joke and somepony forgot to erase them from the wikipedia page, but I dislike the idea of a Derpy episode

I like the idea.

I mean, the message that the whole "We're removing Derpy cause a few people don't like her" thing was sending out was "It's not okay to be different or a little slow. You have to conform, or you're not worth anybody's time."

They need to have an episode telling kids "It's okay to be different. If people insult you because you're different, that means they're just idiots." ... Mkay, not that harsh, but still, something along those lines.

Anypony with me?

• Brohoof 1

I think it's possible. I think they're going to start focusing on the more minor characters in the series since the main characters have learned pretty much all the lessons they're capable of learning up until now.

Derpy is too much of a touchy subject for them to make a whole episode about her. Plus, I don't believe she'd be THAT good in the spotlight, though it's fun seeing her in the background

I agree. For me, Derpy is really a more 'thrive on the sidelines and in the background'. Make her the center of attention and you loose the fun in the 'there she is!' running gag, and her whole atmosphere really thus far.

At first I thought it would be a really good idea, but now that I think about it, probably not. Since she is only a background pony it would be a little weird to just give her a spotlight for a full episode. Now, if they had her appear and talk quite often during said episode, then it would be different and make a little more sense. If she did somehow manage to get a full episode centered on her then I would not complain one the bit. Gotta love derpy :wub:

That's a good point, although I could probably see her in a seven minut short (1/3 of a 22 minute time slot). I think that could work.

Can someone help me sort this through?

Courage the cowardly dog right? How does this stuff get by fine when Derpy appears being cute? What?

......oh god I vaguely remember that show, how the hell did that shit get allowed on the air? Looks like soccer moms don't care about horrifying imagery for children, instead they only care about their children seeing a mentally challenged or gay character. You can show our children undead serial killers and domestic abuse, but don't you fucking dare show our children homosexuals and mentally challenged characters, WE DON'T WANT OUR KIDS CATCHING THE GAY OR RETARD!

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Funny thing is, I doubt that Derpy was intended to be mentally retarded; I think she's just dull witted-like Ed, May Kanker, or Patrik Star. Parents are reading WAY too much into this. People just need to lighten up :).

Edited by Twilight Yagami

......oh god I vaguely remember that show, how the hell did that shit get allowed on the air? Looks like soccer moms don't care about horrifying imagery for children, instead they only care about their children seeing a mentally challenged or gay character. You can show our children undead serial killers and domestic abuse, but don't you fucking dare show our children homosexuals and mentally challenged characters, WE DON'T WANT OUR KIDS CATCHING THE GAY OR RETARD!

This right here upsets me. It honestly makes no sense that some of the things on tv now are just fine, but a little happy-go-lucky character with an eye problem is a big deal....

Funny thing is, I doubt that Derpy was intended to be mentally retarded; I think she's just dull witted-like Ed, May Kanker, or Patrik Star. Parents are reading WAY too much into this. People just need to lighten up :).

I never really even thought of her as being dim-witted, just really, really clumsy and accident prone.

Everyone knows what they did to her on itunes, (I kinda like that voice better though :3) so I doubt they'll even be calling her Derpy anymore.

You know what's funny? an episodes of Power Puff Girls was banned, also pokemon. But not one of this graphic imagery was though to be banned. Hay, they did a scene where courage was insane and aired the rest of the season in a mental institute!