Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Want to Participate in the Next MLP Forums React? Lots of ReActors Needed!

Flight Force

Hey, everyone!

I have decided to do another episode of MLP Forums React, which if you are unfamiliar, is a YouTube series similar to Bronies React by ACRacebest where those who choose to participate show their face and "react" to a particular MLP episode/movie/fan-made video/etc. Except this series involves you guys! You don't have to be "horse famous" to participate in this series (though it would be pretty sweet if you were ;) ). I have already put together a few episodes of MLPF Reacts, which I will provide links to down below if you'd like to get a taste of what being an MLPF Reactor is like. 

For this episode we will be reacting to the Season 6 Finale, which should be out fairly soon. I'd love to get at least 8 or 9 people to participate (including myself) but if we go over that number, I won't turn anyone down either! All you have to do is have a good sense of humor and camera presence. Speaking of cameras... try not to use any webcams or any other cameras that lack in video and/or audio quality. Not saying I'll turn you away if you use a camera with the video quality of a radish, but keep in mind: better recording quality = better video overall! 

Also, I'm looking for people who are comfortable behind the camera. Your voice needs to be loud enough for everyone to hear, and you need to have a fairly good sense of humor. If you've ever seen an episode of "Bronies React" by ACRacebest or "Brownies React" by JakeWhyman, you'll know the kind of humor I'm looking for. The previous MLP Forums Reacts episodes were meh in terms of humor (including my own performances), so I'd like for this one to be quite the step up in terms of comedy. Don't be afraid to include some of those memes of the dank variety as the kids say!

Another important thing to know if you're new to the reaction scene, most of the time peoples' "reactions" are scripted, or well thought out and written down ahead of time and just performed on camera. Not only does this make your content generally funnier, but it also saves me the time of going through 40+ minutes of footage for every person and only using a few parts. If your footage is simply a compilation of all of your scripted "reactions", it saves me tons of editing time, which is already very limited for me since I'm a sophomore in college studying engineering, and work piles up like crazy.

IMPORTANT: This time around I'd like to start a group conversation with anyone who would like to be involved. If you're familiar with the "GroupMe" app for smartphones, this could be a way for all of us to communicate and come up with some pretty great ideas for content between the group. If you have any other ideas of how we can all chat with each other easily, let me know by replying to this thread or throwing me a PM. Communication during the previous few react videos has been lacking, which is probably why I wasn't too happy with the final product. Let's do something epic this time around!

That's about it in terms of things you need to know/be aware of if you're interested in participating! Oh, also, when you finish recording your reactions, please upload them to YouTube and make the privacy setting unlisted and PM me the link so I can download it. Of course, no one can start recording until the episode releases :P. Until then, I hope lots of you decide to join in on this super fun project!

-ff

Oh and here's those links to the previous videos! Grab some popcorn and enjoy! :D

Edited by Flight Force
  • Brohoof 1

ive not internet at home until the 26th but id be up for joining a skype or discord then. being in the UK, the time zones could be a fun issue to work around too XP but i would like to join in. ive not seen the finale leaks yet, but its likely id script it afterwards - dont think the BF wants to be involved so i'll record it when hes out of the room or house. id like to add a Wonderbolts gimmick to my reacts. 

Ah, I know ya asked if I'd join, but I don't have a webcam, also I watched the finale already :l I'd like to join otherwise, but alas, I have not the qualifications.

Plus, who'd wanna see my face? I have trouble looking at it from time to time myself ;) If you'd like my support any other way, just let meh know bro!

Ive replied on the last two MLP Forums Reacts posts saying that Id join but never did. This is it though. Im in this time :D

I normally use skype but I can grab GroupMe right after I send this comment ;)

Yo i here i an willing to go. Also you can look into skype or Discord (dun dun duuuuuuun) but yeah I willing to go when the ep airs in the US...... Legally

Ah, I see that it's been released in other countries (and on Dailymotion) but I'm going to hold off and watch it when it airs in the US anyway, I like to not rush things :P but glad you're on board again!

ive not internet at home until the 26th but id be up for joining a skype or discord then. being in the UK, the time zones could be a fun issue to work around too XP but i would like to join in. ive not seen the finale leaks yet, but its likely id script it afterwards - dont think the BF wants to be involved so i'll record it when hes out of the room or house. id like to add a Wonderbolts gimmick to my reacts. 

Sounds good, hopefully we can work around the time zone difference lol. I'll check out Discord as a means of communication as well... I've heard good things about it but havent experienced it yet. As I finish writing this, I'm immediately downloading it lol

Maybe I might be able to join. I do have Skype and my Timezone is Australian eastern time +daylight saving. The Timezone may be a problem as I'm on the other side of the world. :(

Yeah, might be a slight issue, but thats group chats are for I guess haha. Let me know if you're still able! Would love to have ya!

Ive replied on the last two MLP Forums Reacts posts saying that Id join but never did. This is it though. Im in this time :D

I normally use skype but I can grab GroupMe right after I send this comment ;)

Perfect! We may be using Skype or Discord as well, whichever works for everyone. Glad to have ya this time!

• Brohoof 1

Perfect! We may be using Skype or Discord as well, whichever works for everyone. Glad to have ya this time!

Oh, alrighty then *uninstalls app* xD

Yay, glad to be here. I'll go get started on my script :)

I'm a tad on the fence. Would it be alright if I recorded with a cell phone? It's a Galaxy S 6, so the quality is at least above "nails on chalkboard" levels of bad.

Plus, I would have to record at school, or in my car; my grandparents would castrate me if I made a racket in their house.

(edited)

I'm a tad on the fence. Would it be alright if I recorded with a cell phone? It's a Galaxy S 6, so the quality is at least above "nails on chalkboard" levels of bad.

Plus, I would have to record at school, or in my car; my grandparents would castrate me if I made a racket in their house.

Yeah, I'm sure the camera quality of your phone is pretty decent. Recording in your car might be kinda cool lol, could make for some funny moments if you're creative enough :D also if you haven't already, download Discord, I'll probably be making a group chat pretty soon and will ask for all of your usernames so we can think of some fun ideas for the video

Edited by Flight Force

Yeah, I'm sure the camera quality of your phone is pretty decent. Recording in your car might be kinda cool lol, could make for some funny moments if you're creative enough :D also if you haven't already, download Discord, I'll probably be making a group chat pretty soon and will ask for all of your usernames so we can think of some fun ideas for the video

Okie-doke, got it downloaded. I'm having a little trouble getting and staying signed in at the moment, but my username is the same as on this site, "GeekySonic".

This sounds like fun.  I have a camera on my laptop and  mic on my laptop but the quality is not too great.  I have a GoPro3+ though so I might use that instead.  If you need anybody else I can probably help but I've never really done videos before just to give you a heads up.  All I've done is some antique explanation videos without my face.  I've seen the Brony react videos and I love them so I know what you are looking for.

Cool, I'm interested. I have Skype, but if you're doing Discord I could download that.

If I did a 40 minute reaction and edited it so that it only contained the funny parts, making it 10 minutes or so, how would I indicate which parts I'm reacting to? I know you don't want to go through 40 minutes worth of stuff but I'm not sure how to make clear what parts I'm reacting to.

(edited)

Okay everyone, if you're interested and have downloaded Discord, join the MLPF Reacts server by going to https://discord.gg/cQaxvVH. I can start explaining more detailed stuff there :P

Cool, I'm interested. I have Skype, but if you're doing Discord I could download that.

If I did a 40 minute reaction and edited it so that it only contained the funny parts, making it 10 minutes or so, how would I indicate which parts I'm reacting to? I know you don't want to go through 40 minutes worth of stuff but I'm not sure how to make clear what parts I'm reacting to.

Usually I specify for people to upload their footage to youtube and give me some time stamps in the description. Basically just let me know where in the original episodes each reaction takes place by either describing the scene or just giving me a timestamp like for example "5:26" meaning 5th minute, 26th second. Then I can accurately match up where each reaction goes. Good question! :D

Yeah, I'm interested in this as well. Count me in!

Great, you're on the list! If you can, use the link I put in the previous post to join the Discord group chat.

This sounds like fun.  I have a camera on my laptop and  mic on my laptop but the quality is not too great.  I have a GoPro3+ though so I might use that instead.  If you need anybody else I can probably help but I've never really done videos before just to give you a heads up.  All I've done is some antique explanation videos without my face.  I've seen the Brony react videos and I love them so I know what you are looking for.

The GoPro sounds like it should make for a decent camera. It could also allow you to move around which could make things interesting. If you can still participate that would be great! (Also join the Discord group as well ;) )

I'm interested in participating. I have a cannon T1i camera, that I might record with

I have skype, groupMe

Okay sounds good, can you maybe get Discord as well and use the link I provided in the previous post? That would be awesome :D Glad to have ya!

I wouldn't mind giving this a shot, I'll have a play around and see if I can pull something together.

Great! You have plenty of time to do so, so don't feel rushed to throw something together ;) Also like I said to the others, the link for the Discord conversation is live, so I'd suggest joining it if you want to get some more info on the project and help come up with some fun ideas for the video! :)

Edited by Flight Force

• 2 weeks later...