Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Evening Stroll (1x1 w/ Drago Ryder)

ReverieRiver

@@Drago Ryder,

( Link to OOC thread )

Lunar Symphony never had much reason to pay attention to the time of day, morning or evening. How could she ever tell, either way, when she never saw sunlight or moonlight? No, she operated by her instinct alone; she slept when she was tired, and woke when her internal clock woke her. It wasn't as though she typically had any appointments to keep.

That was the reason she was out when the sun was already setting, when most ponies were heading back home by this time. It made no difference to her, as long as shops were still open for business. Dangerously near closing time, but she wasn't going to be staying for long. All she needed was some food, and to replenish her supply of hair dye to give color to an otherwise colorless mane.

The purchases were made, and stowed away into saddlebags secured at her sides, tucked beneath velvety bat wings. Between her movements, if one listened closely, there were soft clicks and chirps from the back of her throat - echolocation, to help her find her way.

It wasn't a perfect replacement for sight, by any means, especially if she wasn't paying proper attention. Perhaps that was why she ended up bumping into another pony, and startled herself for having assumed there were few ponies around. Her wings flared out as she regained her balance after stumbling, partially covered eyes staring blankly forward.

"Uh - sorry. Didn't notice you there..."

Edited by Miss Reaper

@Miss Reaper

Tempest wasn't expecting much to happen that night. Nothing really seemed to interest him anymore, what with his early retirement and all. "Seems like there's no room in the world for this old warrior." He thought to himself, looking up into the sky as walked through the street. His friends all had lives of their own and seemed to have moved on from the days of adventuring. Without that, what purpose did he have. Of course, he was brought out of his thoughts when he felt something bump into him. The bat pony then turned to look in the direction opposite of where the force came from and was surprised to see a white bat pony mare. "Oh, it's ok. I didn't really notice you either." He said. "To be honest, I never expected to see another bat pony, let alone one with your coloration. It's unique." The tone Tempest used wasn't insulting. In fact, it held genuine interest.

@@Drago Ryder,

Another bat pony?

Well, that implied he himself was a bat pony; something Lunar wouldn't have been able to tell for not being able to see him. Her echolocation gave her location and shapes, but that was the extent to which that capability worked. She didn't know of color, nor would she have noticed his wings unless they happened to have been unfurled - which they weren't.

Regardless, she was just as surprised to encounter a bat pony like herself. Bat ponies tended to be somewhat of a rarity in a small town such as this.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised to meet another bat pony, too. I don't usually run into them around here." Yet here she was, having literally run into one.

And she was unique, apparently. Her being albino usually attracted such comments. She didn't really want to stand out, per say, but she didn't mind it too much. Especially not when she always listened closely, and took note of the tone of voice. "Thanks. I like being unique. So, do you live around here or something?"

@Miss Reaper

Tempest gave a slight nod and smiled. "I live on the outskirts of town, but I know my way around." He said, before he picked up the last few items the mare in front of him had dropped and handed them to her. The bat pony then realized something and mentally facehooved. "I'm sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Tempest."

@@Drago Ryder,

Lunar could hear the shuffle as the other picked up the items she had dropped, but it seemed to take her a moment to recognize that he was holding them out to her. But she did realize, and accepted them to put them back into her bags. Once certain her saddlebags were situated, she turned her attention back to the bat pony, just as he introduced himself as Tempest. She nodded in acknowledgement, giving him a smile.

"No worries. It's nice to meet you, Tempest. My name's Lunar Symphony. You can just call me Lunar, though."

@Miss Reaper

"That's a beautiful name." Tempest didn't know why he had said what he had, but it just seemed right. When he realized what had happened, a light blush then spread across his muzzle as he tried to divert attention away from what could easily be taken as flirting."So, what do you like to do?"

@@Drago Ryder,

Well, at least it was impossible for her to notice the blush tinting the other's complexion. Lunar did pause at the remark though; admittedly, she was unused to compliments. Her ears twitched, and perhaps she would have broken eye contact if the action weren't redundant for a pony like her. "Thanks," she replied after a moment of hesitation.

Her head tilted slightly at the question of what she liked to do. A fairly simple question, but difficult to answer nonetheless when she didn't get out all too often. For the most part, all she could offer in answer was what she typically did at home. "I like, uh, listening to music. All kinds, but I particularly like music with a strong beat. Other than that, though, I'll be honest... I don't get out that much."