Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things that you LIKE about your country?

zerox

Some of the most beautiful natural scenery on the planet! Like seriously, the U.S. has some amazing collections of natural wonders. Canada is really the only country that even comes close to comparison.  :P

sig-4735731.14.jpg

North Cascades National Park, Washington

sig-4735731.Mount+Rainier,+Washington.jp

Mount Rainier National Park, Washington

sig-4735731.219_1_1024.jpgWhite Sands National Park, New Mexico

sig-4735731.dZCwKyf.jpgCrater Lake National Park, Oregon

sig-4735731.black-canyon-gunnison-nationBlack Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, Colorado

Hey, California has some cool stuff, too.

299752.jpg

Lassen Volcanic National Park

banner-1.jpg

Lake Tahoe

muir-woods-and-sausalito-tour-from-san-f

Muir Woods

California has a lot of national parks, possibly the most in a single state, and it is incredibly diverse in...ecology. Thank the Sierra Club for their efforts in preserving all that many decades ago.

• Brohoof 1

What do I like about Canada?

• It's pretty big.
  • Lots of beautiful scenery if you know where to look.
  • The warm climate in some places.
  • Various cultures living together.
  • Having a rich history
  • While I'm not obsessed with it, I do have to mention hockey.

I know it's not much but then Canada doesn't really stand out that well compared with other countries.

I know it's not much but then Canada doesn't really stand out that well compared with other countries.

It stands out a lot in the US. We use it as an excuse for our problems when things don't go our way. 

It stands out a lot in the US. We use it as an excuse for our problems when things don't go our way. 

I have to give you props for that one.

Hey, California has some cool stuff, too.

sig-4735808.299752.jpg

Lassen Volcanic National Park

sig-4735808.banner-1.jpg

Lake Tahoe

sig-4735808.muir-woods-and-sausalito-tou

Muir Woods

California has a lot of national parks, possibly the most in a single state, and it is incredibly diverse in...ecology. Thank the Sierra Club for their efforts in preserving all that many decades ago.

Yeah, CA is quite beautiful. I've been to both the Redwoods, Mt. Shasta, and Lake Tahoe. This summer I'll be heading down to Mt. Whitney and the Sierras for a 3 week backpacking expedition. While California has a lot of national parks, the Pacific NW is still more beautiful in my opinion. It's far more greener and our mountains are more rugged and glaciated. North Cascades NP alone has over 300 glaciers. :P

Edited by ElementalFluttershee

Here are a few things I like about the US:

-Chick-fil-a

-Beautiful scenery in some parts

-Disneyland

-While bigotry exists here, there are so many loving and accepting people as well!

I can't think of many reasons to like America. The longer I stay here, the more I find to hate about this country. "America is the best", "One of the richest countries in the world", "Freedom for everyone." The things they tell us about how "you're not free in any other country. They can force you to do what the government says without your say." I've been told this many times, and I know it's a total lie. The world is not North Korea. There are many democratic countries nowadays. Does anyone from Sweden have a room for rent? I'd love to live there.

Yeah, CA is quite beautiful. I've been to both the Redwoods, Mt. Shasta, and Lake Tahoe. This summer I'll be heading down to Mt. Whitney and the Sierras for a 3 week backpacking expedition. While California has a lot of national parks, the Pacific NW is still more beautiful in my opinion. It's far more greener and our mountains are more rugged and glaciated. North Cascades NP alone has over 300 glaciers. :P

Really depends where you live, we likely have inherent biases towards our states depending on where we live. Oregon and Washington are great and beautiful places but the climate is too unpleasant for me, especially since I have asthma.

-While bigotry exists here, there are so many loving and accepting people as well!

Bigotry isn't as prevalent as people think it is, though. It's not that different from other countries, bigotry exists no matter where you go, most people just hide it in public. As long as you don't show it, I'm fine.

the country life. Im from the South West/West Country of the UK and love every thing about living in a small country market town and growing up in a village. just love it. I like the city life too, but only if that city is coastal and has a port/dock. 

So back to the West Country, I love the pride we have for proper cider and pasties and the accent. I just love the west country accents. Proper old farmer talk. Ummm to those of you who have no idea what im on about, please watch the film Hot Fuzz. thats pretty accurate to how we live out here, accent and all. 

I also love the North West because of the Lake District, its my second home and I just have such a connection with that place. If you've seen the film Miss Potter, I get very emotional every time theres shots of Hawkshead and Near Sawrey or Windermere. I guess its my spiritual home. Its such a beautiful place. 

also our chocolate is pretty damn good.... at least compared to the states' chocolate. 

I like that my country isn't third world. I like that life generally is good here. I mean if the biggest cause of death is heart disease and not something else, thats like saying everyone died from enjoying food too much, thats definitely not in the top ten worst ways to die list lol.

• 4 weeks later...

While we have a fair amount of undereducated Americans, an overwhelming amount of prestigious universities are all located in the US, and we're pretty innovative overall, though over the years there are plenty of other countries that we need to compete to maintain that spot. 

We also have awesome music. Rock and roll, blues, jazz. 

The United States is also diverse and we're not afraid to experiment with new ideas, even if some of them turn out to be terrible. 

We're also pretty self-deprecating I guess, because it runs in American blood.

quote-pessimism-is-as-american-as-apple-