Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think about obama?

Zyrael

Last but not least in the "what do you think about" series, what are your opinions on soon to be former US president Barack Hussein Obama?

Obama_laser_unicorn_edit.jpg.CROP.cq5dam

(actual photo of barack hussein obama)

I think he did an excellent job as president. He saved the auto industry. Got Osama Bin Laden, Got our troops home from Iraq, Got the economy back on track. Increase in jobs, etc. 

Obama accomplished a lot more than some people tend to give him credit for. Considering he followed a genuinely horrible Bush presidency, I say it's easier for a bad president to ruin a good president's accomplishments than it is for a good president to repair a bad president's damages.

All in all I thought that the Obama presidency was a success.

• Brohoof 3

Ayy he was brddy gud.

Only really beat in the end by a Congress that was steadfastly Tea Party Republican, so of course in the end there wasn't much he can do because of congressional alliances to stymie any future acts of president and to complicate those geopolitical issues beyond US control.

Let's see: horribly compromised national security and foreign policy, political-correctness-on-steroids everywhere, tripled/quadrupled national debt, uber-convoluted healthcare policy, etc.

Yep, he "changed" us all right... just for the worse, not the better.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 3

A president I didn't have to feel embarrassed having as a president. Since the age in which I became more politically-aware he's been the only president that I can say that for, and it looks like that won't be changing. *sigh* I most certainly do not regret voting for him both times. A darn shame that his eight years of presidency is to be followed by you-know-who. I thought that maybe America was beginning to see the light.

• Brohoof 4

Obama has been such an intelligent and articulate man.

I don't think he did too many historic things, but he himself is pretty historic for being the first black president.

I hope Trump does a good job in the White House. I've grown to accept that he's the next president.

There's not a lot for me to say though. I like researching about the presidents, but I don't like politics in general.

Edited by FlootahBabby

He certainly has not been the best, nor the worst. People are often quick to throw him (and a lot of others) under the bus. Overall I think he's been an OK president. 

I don't see him as actually a bad president, and maybe having him again if it was possible would be pretty nice, but seriously when the Democrat's choice is Hillary of all people I'm just going to throw the towel and vote someone else.

• Brohoof 1

I think that he was a very good president. The US in really poor condition before took over as being the president. The US is now in better shape before he took office. Obama is someone who I can respect. I can't say the same thing about Trump.

btw I'm not an american.

I dont care about the presidential shit. He was the chillest dude ever. He was able to "relate" to the younger generation without even really trying, and he was aware and even enjoyed himself all the memes about him. He is a great guy and I respect him alot.

He was also a complete savage.

• Brohoof 3

I dont care about the presidential shit. He was the chillest dude ever. He was able to "relate" to the younger generation without even really trying, and he was aware and even enjoyed himself all the memes about him. He is a great guy and I respect him alot.

He was also a complete savage.

Obama was a complete savage. You don't wanna talk shit around him. 

tumblr_o6hb57MGQ41usv5sxo1_500.gif

Edited by Zyrael
  • Brohoof 1

The major reasons that I dislike him are that I'm at just the right income bracket that Obamacare pushed my shit in, and TPP. Both are almost over now, so setting that aside...

Out of the 44 that we've had so far, I rate Obama as a 6/10. Would vote for over Bush.

Last but not least in the "what do you think about" series, what are your opinions on soon to be former US president Barack Hussein Obama?
I'm now thinking about making a "What do you think about James A. Garfield" thread. Edited by Twiggy
  • Brohoof 1

Business as usual politician. Managed to charm the public with a message of change, that especially looked promising in the face of an outrageously terrible opposing candidate (McCain). Failed to deliver anything significantly different, continued many of the same failed policies of previous administrations.

Gets credit for "ending" the Iraq war, but actually only continued the already set in stone plans to withdraw by that date. Continued the failed policies of foreign entanglements and regime change by getting us into Libya (the murder of Gaddafi still stands as one of the most atrocious crimes of the decade imo), which led to the shattering of that country and turned it from a stable and fairly successful country into one controlled by warlords and chaos. Supported the same tactics in Syria, creating a civil war that has claimed hundreds of thousands.

I'm not directly blaming him for any of these, but he is a dime a dozen puppet with a "pretty face" who does the bidding of the military industrial complex and the financial elite. Obamacare ended up as a complete disaster when the public option was gutted from it. We needed single payer, now we have an abortion that made things even worse for many, now many in the middle class who couldn't afford health insurance STILL cannot afford it and now are punished with a fine. Once again, just Obama doing the bidding of special interests (health insurance companies). Same with the auto bailout and the financial sector bailout. Pretty much a democrat neo-con.

Grade wise, I'd give him a 5/10. Dime a dozen politician, complete tool for the wealthy and only looks good because he sounded more eloquent than Bush, however, their speeches generally have the same amount of merit.

Edited by Shargrath
  • Brohoof 2

All things considered he was a decent president. Did some good, some bad. Was happy to have him as president. Huge step up from Bush

Definitely one of the most charismatic for sure, which ups his likability for me

Edited by Soundwave
  • Brohoof 1

I used to like him, thought he be great and even over the time no one will be perfect. But feel bothered about him, removed Sir Winston Churchill Bust staute from the office, well little unsure about that and can't believe on hearing he support Argentina on the Falkland Island. Used to have a Obama trading card on my wall. No one perfect, also he believe Uk and Us are great Allies. But lost respect for him, when he say Uk be back at the queue if We voted to leave the EU, that just ****. So now I lost respect for him and really dislike him. Forgive me.

PS: I'm not a American, not sure you notices. But do have feel he have some dislike on UK but I think care too much of the world like he leading the world and not country he meant to lead.

Nerves of showing disliking and what I feel, as he popular.

Edited by Derpy Man
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

He put our country into an economical recession and ruined healthcare. He was a good person I think, just not very smart in the presidential front.