Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Call of Duty vs. Battlefield

Mint Petal

75 users have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Battlefield Series
    • Call of Duty Series

I don't remember what I said prior but I'm pretty sure it was something about MW3 > BF3 and I still stand by that statement, though if we are talking about a series then it is BF > COD

go back a page and perhaps?

Actualy, it is nowhere near "more real" than cod is. They are equal.

The thing is for cod Imnot sure cod even has alot requiol like in Battefield and for cod The explosions are small And there's no such thing as a "RCXD"

The thing is for cod Imnot sure cod even has alot requiol like in Battefield and for cod The explosions are small And there's no such thing as a "RCXD"

I think you need more research. Recoil is not as bad as a problem it was years ago. Rc-xd's exist as well. Plus, a tiny block of c4 will not destroy a building, nor a chunk.

• 1 year later...

(I think I'm gonna start doing these little game discussion things every day or every other day from here on out.)

Call of Duty and Battlefield are easily one of the best FPS's out there. While I'm not a big fan of those types of games, I will admit that they can be fun and I do play them from time to time.

But, which of the two is the better game. To me, my win goes to Battlefield. There are more weapons, better sniping mechanics, and there are things like jets and tanks you can go around in.

Which one do you think is better?

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I have had more fun playing COD with my friend while fighting over the tree house-type thing in the game, but my vote goes to Battlefield. There's something more interesting about it, I suppose. Props to COD for zombies though.

• Brohoof 4

I'd have to say Battlefield. Sure, I have fun playing Call of Duty while the community is usually immature at times but I can still play through it. But, Battlefield has the realistic engine that shows off real warfare out in the battlefield.

• Brohoof 1

Battlefield for many many reasons, mainly Vehicles and megalithic maps. CoD has nothing on it. The thrill of flying a little bird helicopter is amazing :). CoD is just meh.

• Brohoof 3

Never play battle field, a lot of ponies been telling me its good, but I Love Gears of war so anyway, COD games have been getting worse every time they come out, sure black ops 2 is ok the zombies are very fun! but other then that blah, COD:MW2 was the best I think anyway

• Brohoof 3

Battlefield all day, every day. It feels better on the ears hearing the roar of the LMGs, especially the M60, PKP and M240. It's filled with suppressor users though, which gets on my nerves.

• Brohoof 2

If you want a fun time with friends, quick "dogfights" and action only, then you go with COD.

If you want long, "realistic", not so fast paced but sometimes tactical matches, then you go with BF.

I prefer BF. All those kiddies playing COD online, thinking they're the greatest players of all time, are sometimes really annoying.

• Brohoof 4

Battlefield all day, every day. It feels better on the ears hearing the roar of the LMGs, especially the M60, PKP and M240. It's filled with suppressor users though, which gets on my nerves.

The opening thing to BF3 isn't all that appealing, though XD

If you want a fun time with friends, quick "dogfights" and action only, then you go with COD.

If you want long, "realistic", not so fast paced but sometimes tactical matches, then you go with BF.

I prefer BF. All those kiddies playing COD online, thinking they're the greatest players of all time, are sometimes really annoying.

That's another reason I like BF better. No annoying little shits ruining my good time.

I played the hell out of CoD for a good few years, moving from game to game. I played a lot of CoD4 and MW2 with my old Halo PC clan, and then played a lot of Black Ops with my bandmates.

Then I played Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and everything changed. Since then, I've been a Battlefield guy. Moved on to BF3 after taking part in the beta, and I plan to play the hell out of BF4.

I even did a metal remix of the theme early last year, which is now one of the most popular metal remixes of the Battlefield theme on YouTube, and the most popular upload on my channel. Every now and then, I'll trip over a few more BF3 montages using my track.

• Brohoof 2

I played the hell out of CoD for a good few years, moving from game to game. I played a lot of CoD4 and MW2 with my old Halo PC clan, and then played a lot of Black Ops with my bandmates.

Then I played Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and everything changed. Since then, I've been a Battlefield guy. Moved on to BF3 after taking part in the beta, and I plan to play the hell out of BF4.

I even did a metal remix of the theme early last year, which is now one of the most popular metal remixes of the Battlefield theme on YouTube, and the most popular upload on my channel. Every now and then, I'll trip over a few more BF3 montages using my track.

Wait... that theme is the best remix I have ever heard anyone make about anything. Nice work, man. I'll check out more of your work sometime.

It really depends on the situation, if I just want to sit down and play some games, CoD is great, because it throws you into the action pretty quick, if me and my friends are gonna play for hours on end I usually prefer BF,

• Brohoof 1

Only ever played Battlefield Bad Company 2, and I honestly did not like it. It just was not for me, mainly because I sucked, but that's beside the point.

I've been playing COD ever since I first got into online console gaming, and yeah, I've had many a fun time playing things like Team Tactical back on MW2 and MW3 with my friends. Riot Squad with RPGs for the win!

So my vote would go for COD since I've had many a fun night sitting around with friends having random conversations, all the while killing little whining kids.

They also have zombies... so yeah.

• Brohoof 1

If I had to choose I'd say CoD even though I hate most of the CoDs there has not been one Battlefield which I did like. The only 3 modern CoD's that I like I are World at War, MW2, and Black Ops 2. I hate Black Ops 1 with a passion. I also cannot stand Battlefield. The one FPS that I really love though is Halo. I've always loved it. Strangely enough I'm getting a PS4 next gen because I can't stand the kinect.

The one thing I can't stand in CoD and Battlefield is the lack of story. I couldn't stand Black Ops 1 because the pure idiocy of a game that people say is better than Halo because of the realistic aspect. But Then again the little kids on CoD make me want to kill someone.

Just the other day on Black Ops 2 I went 29 and 30 with only the knife and some little kid sent me the message, "ur a fagget" 

Edited by Buddhist Reaper
  • Brohoof 1

I much prefer Battlefield to Call of Duty, just because it's so much more in depth and tactical. Call of Duty never really appealed to me, the spawns were way too close and you died too quickly. There was just no motivation to stay alive since you re-spawn so fast and so close to the action. I'm looking at you Nuketown.

Also in Battlefield, everything seems more realistic. Not just the action, but the voices too. The way CoD tries to make everything over the top manly is borderline ridiculous. God damn you Frank Woods and your stupid, croaky voice. You tried too hard.

I'm not saying realism is the most important aspect of a shooter, it's just that you can tell that Call of Duty is trying to pretend that it is realistic, but fails as it totally doesn't fit with the way the game plays. Battlefield pulls it off while still remaining fun, and for that reason it gets my vote.

Edited by Spess
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly it comes to what you want in an Fps Call of Duty has the fast paced action due to it's small map sizes and killstreaks which has been a winning a formula for Activision for the last five years since Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The mechanics in the game also make it very easy to get into for casual gamers and those who are just starting to get into video games though props go to Treyarch for creating a major symbol for the call of duty franchise which is Zombies. Often they jam pack their Zombie maps with easter eggs and hidden treasures for the players to find and figure out which is about 60% of the fun. Though it's image is somewhat a place for conflict as they (Activision) pump out a Call of Duty game every year since 2007 never really changing the mechanics of the game only adding different weapons and different play styles such as credits to purchase weapons and bounties.

Battlefield 3 is an amazing FPS but by no means a war simulator, great sound design, destructible environment (to an extent though), war vehicles such as tanks, helicopters, and jets and a multitude of weapons(almost 100 with DLC). Dice does everything great at making a large action packed game and delivering a "this is war!" experience. Though it annoys me that battlefield 3 on consoles supports up to 24 players with smaller maps compared to PC which supports up to 64 with improved map size. The game itself is a much more different experience on PC with it's larger battles and encounters not to mention the graphical differences between the two.

Battlefield 3 is a win in my book for the best overall quality and fun but falls short when comparing consoles to PC.