Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you think Celestia does politics in Equestria?

leonbrony17

She rules over her kingdom accordingly with Luna at her side, yet it appears she allows politicians and similar leaders to effectively run the towns and cities.

On the surface I suppose the show operates as an absolute monarchy with local or even regional governments.

Remembering back to Super Cider Squeezy 6000 there was a line from Flim/Flam about there being a kingdom of Canterlot, which taken by a Crusader Kings 2 rattled brain implies to me there could be a feudal structure, or something akin to that (Celestia and Luna are Emperor hat-level leaders, and under them are the king-level vassals, who hold under them their dukes and under them their counts, and so on). This might be stretching it, but the implications are there. The very least is that recognition of these autonomous titles is on par with the recognition of Wales and Scotland being semi-independent entities in the United Kingdom with their own broad regional governments answerable to London (or in pone's case, to Canterlot).

What I would like to know someday though is: is there a Parliament under Celestia and Luna?

I see Celestia and Luna co-leading Equestria through the capital, Canterlot.

The Crystal Empire is a conundrum, seeing as Cadance and Shining answer to Celestia but being identified as an Empire. It could be classified as a vassal state. 

As for Twilight and Ponyville? Twilight is more of the governor of the small city state. She can't be mayor since we got Mayor Mare. Still under Celestia so more like a vassal.

Overall, a very feudal society.

@@leonbrony17

Just letting you know I edited the topic of your title to better represent the point of your thread.

Thanks. :)

Celest only pretends to do politics. Luna does all the work and tells Celestia what to do and how to talk. Make it happen to cater bronies, you competent writers.

Since Celestia makes a pretty lousy guardian, I wouldn't be surprised to see if she doesn't handle actual politics well. I can see another pony doing her actual job better while she just sits there.

• Brohoof 1