Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Looking Back on 2010s pop culture, do you think they'll remember us?

EmployeeAMillion

You know how whenever you look back on the 1980s, 1990s and early 2000s how there were different pop culture icons that you immediately associate with those decades? Do you think MLP:FiM will be an icon of the 2010s?

I mean, of course it will, but do you think it'll be the definitive animated series? I know stuff like Adventure Time, Gravity Falls and Steven Universe are good runner-ups for defining the decade, but if you were to devise a Top 10 list of the most significant cartoons of this decade (at least, so far 7 years in), do you think MLP:FiM would be Number 1?

Then again, if this show makes it to 2020 and beyond, would you call it a 2020s show as well? I most certainly wouldn't, as I still associate The Simpsons with the 1990s and SpongeBob with the 2000s, so it won't be any different for MLP:FiM with the 2010s.

Personally, I think that it'll be as the same, with a few differences, as the 2000's. Some will see the 2010's as kind of a weird decade, like the 1980's is sometimes seen as weird in some ways. As for the show going in the 2020's, I don't think it'll go THAT far, but if it does, let's hope it stays good, but like The Simpsons and Spongebob, it'd probably get stale by then.

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to think so since MLP did challenge gender barriers, something that many cartoons usually don't like to do, so I'd say it will be remembered for many years to come. Will it become a cult classic in the future? That depends on how society moves on from this point onward and whether or not the brony fandom remains intact  if and when the show does finally conclude.

• Brohoof 2

The 2010s are only halfway through, so who knows what else might still happen. But yes, I think MLP will at least be remembered. Whether it retains an iconic status through decades to come only history will tell.

• Brohoof 2

I'd like to think so since MLP did challenge gender barriers, something that many cartoons usually don't like to do, so I'd say it will be remembered for many years to come. Will it become a cult classic in the future? That depends on how society moves on from this point onward and whether or not the brony fandom remains intact  if and when the show does finally conclude.

This is true. We'll just have to see.

Not sure. FiM kicked in the nuts gender roles real hard, but I think it'll be mostly remembered for it and not for how good it really was  :( (I just hope the movie becomes an animated cult classic though  :fluttershy:

Honestly? I'm not sure. This show is clearly beloved by fans, including me, and it's had a huge impact with a large fandom. But people outside of the fandom still either seem to hate the show, are confused by it's following, or just wish it didn't exist and wasn't mentioned.

There's a lot of other popular cartoons that have come out these years. Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Rick and Morty. Those shows are almost always listed when bringing up the "Greats" of these years, and I don't usually see MLP listed with them, and if someone does try to bring it up, there's usually a lot of "It doesn't deserve that, it's just a little girls show" or "It's just average".

I'd love to see this show being treated as iconic in the future, but outside of the fandom people still seem unwilling to take this show seriously, so I feel like it might get overshadowed...

This fandom (as well as Undertale's) has created so much (more than the entire run of Marvel comics) that it will carry on and inspire others to do more. Just wait until someone wants to properly bring back Fizzy, Wind Whistler, and Galaxy in another action-packed series. Meanwhile, NBC's Revolution has faded into oblivion with no notable fan works to give it any chance to resurface.

Edited by The MegaBrony

I'm sure that Bronies will be remembered once the 2010s is over. Not only is there so much Brony-related-content out there on the internet in general, but with the kind of attention Bronies have gotten from local and mainstream media, and with how well made MLP: FiM is, I'm sure that Bronies and MLP will be remembered as something from the popular culture of this decade.

• Brohoof 1