Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Celestia become a villain?

Raven Drakeaurd

I think it could be a good story line, a evil monarchy plotted from the shadows and now the mane 6 has to combat a entire empire and save Equestria from a threat unlike anything that has been before, if done right over like a season or something it could go down in cartoon history.

• Brohoof 3

I like this idea. Maybe not as a classic villain, but a " good person makes a bad decision" kind of villain. would love to see something where twilight is forced to take a ideological stand against Celestia over some matter of great importance, whose consequences include the loss of her wings and title.

• Brohoof 2

I like this idea. Maybe not as a classic villain, but a " good person makes a bad decision" kind of villain. would love to see something where twilight is forced to take a ideological stand against Celestia over some matter of great importance, whose consequences include the loss of her wings and title.

Well, now I fell stupid, I was thinking more along the line of a slave state, How I would have it go down would be this,

Celestia created the cutie-marks as a way of controlling ponies indirectly where she establishing her kingdom, and the story of how Equestria that the ponies/us were show was false, A lie to cover her tracks. Twilight digs about the cutie-marks and finds the truth and Celestia saw that as a threat to her rule. That's how I would do it any ways.

• Brohoof 1

In the MLP CCG, one of the Secret Ultra Rare cards was "Nightmare Star - Solar Flare", who was essentially an evil version of Celestia although you wouldn't know this unless you looked really close. She was even quoted on the card as saying "The Day shall last forever!", hinting that she is the counterpart of Nightmare Moon. The writers could use this depiction of Celestia but perhaps flesh her out a little bit so as to give her some personality traits of her own.

• Brohoof 1

I hate the idea of this actually. For one, no loss of titles. That is taking steps backwards for the character in question. Secondly, I am not overly fond of a character just being evil all of a sudden, unless corrupted by some force. That is the only way I could see it be viable and even then, I would prefer them having some type of buildup. The comics did this sort of thing and did it far too rapidly.

Be careful what you wish for. Then it might be you who bitch, moan and complain about Celestia wiping the floor with your precious Luna and stuff.

Though, as i know the writers they would screw Celestia over once again by turning her into the weakest and most ridiculous villain this show ever had.

Edited by Swifty
  • Brohoof 1

Well, now I fell stupid, I was thinking more along the line of a slave state, How I would have it go down would be this, Celestia created the cutie-marks as a way of controlling ponies indirectly where she establishing her kingdom, and the story of how Equestria that the ponies/us were show was false, A lie to cover her tracks. Twilight digs about the cutie-marks and finds the truth and Celestia saw that as a threat to her rule. That's how I would do it any ways.

While this is an interesting idea for a fanfic...Something like this really wouldn't fit well into the show proper. First of all, Cutie marks used to control ponies? We haven't seen any evidence of that at all, it'd feel like it came totally out of nowhere, not to mention Cutie Marks have kind of been a big deal in the show, and we've even had morals that they used the marks in episodes to help teach. Those morals, which are pretty important to the show would get kind of screwed up if they were just controlling ponies.

Also, Celestia's been evil this whole time? Something happening to make her evil, or make her almost do something wrong makes a lot more sense, we're 6 seasons into the show with her being a kind ruler so far, it'd feel very out of place. Celestia being evil the whole time and the Cutie Mark's being controlling spells of sorts would literally change the entire show's tone, even in past episodes, to the point where it'd be like a totally different show than it is.

• Brohoof 1

Actually I'd not like to see that. Princess Luna did that already.

They have a serious role and I love them as they are know ~ kind and caring about ponies. I'd have mixed feelings about seeing Celestia going wild.

Instead of that, I'd like to see an episode, where Princess Celestia actually does something. At the moment, she's weaker than Twilight. She always gets defeated/trapped, then asks Twi for help. That's not right in my opinion and there should be an episode, showing her true power.

However, Princess Celestia making a mistake wouldn't be really bad I guess. For example bringing back Discord was risky - what if she would have some arguing with him, which would lead to something terrible?

Or maybe she getting cursed or something? Like becoming evil, where nopony would know why. In the end they would discover the true meaning of all of this and 'rescue' Celestia.

But I kinda don't like the idea of Celestia becoming a villain for her personal reasons. There has to be something behind this.

If she destroys Discord once and for all, i'm into it. She already could make the elements immune to Discord's magic, because the writers said so. Give her villain omnipotence by another Magical McGuffin or deus Ex Machina and do it  :derp:

While this is an interesting idea for a fanfic...Something like this really wouldn't fit well into the show proper. First of all, Cutie marks used to control ponies? We haven't seen any evidence of that at all, it'd feel like it came totally out of nowhere, not to mention Cutie Marks have kind of been a big deal in the show, and we've even had morals that they used the marks in episodes to help teach. Those morals, which are pretty important to the show would get kind of screwed up if they were just controlling ponies.

Also, Celestia's been evil this whole time? Something happening to make her evil, or make her almost do something wrong makes a lot more sense, we're 6 seasons into the show with her being a kind ruler so far, it'd feel very out of place. Celestia being evil the whole time and the Cutie Mark's being controlling spells of sorts would literally change the entire show's tone, even in past episodes, to the point where it'd be like a totally different show than it is.

we've seen plenty examples of cutie marks controlling ponies. The cutie pox, our town, and the map summons

we've seen plenty examples of cutie marks controlling ponies. The cutie pox, our town, and the map summons

The Cutie Pox is a magical illness, Our Town was because their natural Cutie Mark's were removed and replaced with those talent suppressing equal signs, and the map summons don't seem to really control anypony. The Mane six don't seem to be forced to answer them, they do so on their own.

In all of these cases, plus things like Magical Mystery Cure, the mark is being messed with by some outside force or magic.

• Brohoof 1

Secondly, I am not overly fond of a character just being evil all of a sudden, unless corrupted by some force. That is the only way I could see it be viable and even then, I would prefer them having some type of buildup.

This bothers me too. Turn evil, for what reason?

How about, it's all a sham - Celestia is acting weird and nasty, until everypony else ends up fearing and hating her, but there's a hidden purpose. No pony else is allowed to know what that is until there is a great "reveal" at the end of the story.

• Brohoof 1

I think it could be a good story line, a evil monarchy plotted from the shadows and now the mane 6 has to combat a entire empire and save Equestria from a threat unlike anything that has been before, if done right over like a season or something it could go down in cartoon history.

No because Celestia has never been shown to be evil. And it would be pointless since we already got Nightmare Moon.

No because Celestia has never been shown to be evil. And it would be pointless since we already got Nightmare Moon.

Actually the only way this would make sense is if Chrysalis was pretending to be Celestia. All we know is that she plans to exact revenge on Starlight so this might be how.

If it happened earlier it would of been okay but after seeing how atrocious the writing has gotten and how they really stretched things out this far, I have to say I wouldn't look forward for it. They would probably say she was possessed or something lame like that rather than her getting an emotional breakdown and going rogue like Cyclops or something.

• Brohoof 2

Be careful what you wish for. Then it might be you who bitch, moan and complain about Celestia wiping the floor with your precious Luna and stuff.

Though, as i know the writers they would screw Celestia over once again by turning her into the weakest and most ridiculous villain this show ever had.

I can honestly see Luna fans crying foul if (evil) Celestia beats her in a fight and that the latter can never be forgiven for such an act. Because Luna is too amazing, sensitive, and precious, right?

Your description of evil Celestia's defeat is spot on. After that, she'll be pushed yet again into uselessness when another villain shows up.

• Brohoof 1

Oh god, I have started a flame war.

I based the hole "Controlling Ponies" was based on a episode where the mane six had there cutie-marks swapped and they did the cutie-mark originals owners job, Apple Jack worked in Rarity boutique and Hatted it, and that is where I got this idea.

That line I made about Luna may have been a bit much, but I did that after reading that at least a few fans think Celestia is evil because she didn't care about Luna's well-being and feelings and decided to send her away for 1000 years even though there's more to it than that. The show could even try to dramatize that, but it seems unlikely at this point.

I think (almost) any idea could work with the right execution, but the 2-part episodes of this show have hardly entertained me.

Nightmare Star used Mixtape

Equestria burned to ashes

While not exactly a historic plot in any way, Nightmare Star’s design is awesome enough to warrant her creation. Some might say that turning her into such a generic plot device villain that is there only because of a random friendship lesson is not the way to go, but I suspect that we’ve already moved beyond the point of no return. So why not strap this rope around your waist and let the sinking anchor lead you down into the deep.

That said, evil Celestia is pure, unadulterated pile of generic, pandering bullshit. I for one think that Nightmare Star deserves a far better origin story than what current FIM can offer. A visually appealing, smart, and powerful villain who knows all about magic and friendship, and who is not relatable only to problem-peddling woobie enthusiasts? Forget the nightmare; this would be a dream come true.

• Brohoof 1