Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony curses

ManaMinori

Does it seem funny to anyone else that in Bridle Gossip, Twilight was adamant that curses were all pony tales, but soon as she learned from Sunbutt about Sombra cursing the Crystal Empire, later, she never questions it again? Also, too, she never really seems to study these curses, for magical knowledge sake, after the battle with Sombra. Just another dropped plotline and missed potential?

• Brohoof 3

Sticking to something that's canonical... I would say, better off this way. Learning too much of bad things would put her at a disadvantage. 

Since Twilight was exposed to a psuedo curse--Poison Joke in this case--and learned about how a curse effectively removed an entire empire out of existence for a thousan years, I'd like to think that she now takes them seriously. Granted, her duties don't give her enough time to learn more about these curses, a factor I would attribute to Twilight still showing some slight hesitation towards accepting that curses are a thing. Or, it could be that the current writers may not realize that this was an idea that got forgotten.

• Brohoof 1

This is actually an interesting topic.
I'm really curious myself to know more about 'banned magic' in the canon,

but mostly cause I'm also curious if something along the lines of 'hatred is dark magic' is a thing in the mythos

o3o

Well she did temporarily think that curses were real before they found out that it was the poison Joke. Even though it wasn't a curse, I think Twilight might have had a thought about them at the back of her head ever since then. She might not have still believed in them, but she could have done research after the "scare"

I know if I was freaked out over nothing, I know I'd do that just in case.

• Brohoof 1

Does it seem funny to anyone else that in Bridle Gossip, Twilight was adamant that curses were all pony tales, but soon as she learned from Sunbutt about Sombra cursing the Crystal Empire, later, she never questions it again? Also, too, she never really seems to study these curses, for magical knowledge sake, after the battle with Sombra. Just another dropped plotline and missed potential?

Keep in mind there was no proof Zecora could curse them. And keep in mind Zecora didn't curse them. It was poison joke. Also Celsestia used dark magic to illustrate her point. And there would be no reason for Celestia to lie about there being a curse. So of course Twilight believed her.