Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Creative Cursing

Widdershins

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I just use random words that kinda sound like cursing. Sometimes I use Star Wars cursing words. But most likely I scream the f word (sadly).

• Brohoof 2

I use cartoon swears whenever I have enough control over myself to do so. I like to say “Dad-gummit!” and “Sh*thouse doors!” although I have no idea where the latter came from.  

• Brohoof 2
  • Delighted Giggle 1

• 3 years later...
(edited)

I don't usually swear in front of others, but there's this thing that my relatives up north said sometimes. Instead of saying the phrase that contains this swear word itself, they said "shut the front door."

Think about that some, what phrase has a swear word in it, starts with "shut", ends with "up", and has 4 words in total in it? You get a cookie if you solve the puzzle. Also disclaimer, I never say that swear word in front of anyone because I don't like to swear when talking to others. I also never say either versions of that phrase.

And note that my relatives up north live in the city, so they swear alot more than I'm used to lol.

EDIT: I didn't swear, but it's kinda close because that's the point of this thread? This thread isn't breaking the rules but it sure is bending them lol, staff may need to keep a close eye on it! :ithastolookpretty:

Edited by Chaos-404-Not-Found
this thread looks like its a test to see how much you can bend the rules before breaking them lol
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As i've said, probably, there's two reasons one would curse, from either anger or pain. Me, personally, if i'm in pain from stubbing a toe I just crumple like a cracker and its usually incomprehensible squeaks.

Anger, I feel, doesn't help matters if you express that directly in front of the situation or person that has caused it. There are ways to talk over problems.

Though as an adult, one does often find oneself muttering in a different room about the fellow you just left! And when I do...

I speak in my Elder Thing dialect i've been practicing!

Yes, i totally know it for real!

... mostly squeaks & chirrs. It helps frustration to focus instead on pronouncing things rather than dwelling on negativity.

• Brohoof 1

50 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

Me, personally, if i'm in pain from stubbing a toe I just crumple like a cracker and its usually incomprehensible squeaks.

This reminded me of when I stubbed my toe a while back and I randomly yelled “Son of a fruit salad on a Saturday!”. :ButtercupLaugh: