Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Cartoon Network

Jon the VGNerd

5 hours ago, Rosebuds said:

Maybe if they didn't put on Teen Titans GO so damn often, and pay attention to the shows that are actually good (Gumball, Steven Universe, and Adventure Time for example) I would actually consider them any good.

I think they air plenty of Gumball.

tumblr_pa50btJV321w60vv7o1_1280.png

Just now, Twilight Luna said:

I remember the days when CN had good programming like Thundercats (2011) and Teen Titans, not pumping out garbage like Teen Titans Go

ahhh the original teen titans was bomb. :squee:

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

I remember the days when CN had good programming like Thundercats (2011) and Teen Titans, not pumping out garbage like Teen Titans Go

I remember the days when they were pumping out Foster's Imaginary Home for Imaginary Friends and the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. Those were the good days.

1 minute ago, Twilight Luna said:

Damn right. I still can’t believe Tara Strong did the voice of Raven.

She did a LOT of voicing in stuff. She was actually the voice of Timmy Turner also, for example.

Edited by Barik
  • Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Barik said:

I remember the days when they were pumping out Foster's Imaginary Home for Imaginary Friends and the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. Those were the good days.

She did a LOT of voicing in stuff. She was actually the voice of Timmy Turner also, for example.

I know. She’s up there with Steve Blum for me. She does a lot of great work.

I think one of the the thing that keeps holding CN down is what I call "the TTG (teen titans go) strategy".  As in focusing on humor directed to young audiences instead of focusing on story and characters. Of course there's exceptions to that (i.e Steven Universe) but for every show that focuses on story, there's 3 that focus on humor, not bad in of itself, but it needs to be done right . Now, if we look back in time to the older CN, we can see characters that have motivation, heartfelt stories such as with the original Teen Titans, that kept you engaged.

TL;DR: It's about balance between story and humor, and right now, that balance is out of wack

I checked the channel listings of Cartoon Network, and while they do have the original Teen Titans, they now air them at 6 AM, which is sketchy and inconsistent, since nobody will be able to wake up early just to see the original Teen Titans. And even then, the shows are completely scarce as they show absolutely zero interest in even giving themselves a massive overhaul to cater veteran fans out there.

On the plus side, however, Boomerang has started to bring back classic shows to their channel listing, including Regular Show (except Johnny Test, in which everyone knows that it's a blatant knock-off to Dexter's Lab), but have yet to pull non-classic shows (and I mean current ones from Cartoon Network) from it as well, meaning that classic shows are aired very late at night, and I sure as hell am not pulling off an all-nighter just to see those classic shows again. I'm perfectly fine with watching them during the daytime and in the early evenings, but late at night hampers my sleep schedules.

It seems Boomerang is slowly starting to shine, though Cartoon Network is still stuck in the dark ages. And I didn't forget from my post from last year that Cartoon Network pulled the plug on promising shows, including Galactic KND, which is a sequel to Codename KND, but was ultimately denied. I won't lie, but the current president of CN, Christina Miller, is no better than Stuart Snyder, really.

5 hours ago, Jon the VGNerd said:

I checked the channel listings of Cartoon Network, and while they do have the original Teen Titans, they now air them at 6 AM, which is sketchy and inconsistent, since nobody will be able to wake up early just to see the original Teen Titans.

I think you're looking at outdated placeholder. Teen Titans isn't airing this week. They actually did treat it pretty well in reruns for the second half of last year. Here's one example:

tumblr_oxj9imkhfC1w60vv7o1_1280.png

• 2 years later...

I don't have cable but Cartoon Network is boring from the looks of the show listing.