gaming Super Smash Bros. Thread

Fear Moonscar

Super smash bros Wii U direct Thursday, 50 Must see things.

My Body is Ready.

Snake, Wolf, Mewtwo, Lucas, and Ice Climbers confirmed returning via DLC..........

Please Sakurai? :( I'll forgive you for Dark Pit

Edited by Ghost Nappa

Snake, Wolf, Mewtwo, Lucas, and Ice Climbers confirmed returning via DLC..........

Please Sakurai? :( I'll forgive you for Dark Pit

I'll honestly be surprised if they announce character DLC at this point. The Ice Climbers aren't returning due to the 3DS's technical limitations, you can get Lucas' attacks as Ness' custom specials, same goes for Wolf's attacks for Fox, as well as a colouration baring Wolf's colour scheme. If anything, I'm hoping we'll see characters like Lucas and Wolf return as reskins for Ness and Fox, like how the Koopalings are reskins for Bowser Jr.

What I am most curious for is the modes the Wii U version has to offer in contrast to the 3DS. The 3DS already has most of the things previous Smash games had, and I'm hoping the Wii U would have something absolutely amazing that would keep me occupied for at least half a month. Preferably online.

• Brohoof 1

I've just beat Classic Mode on 8.5 Intensity with Lucario. It ain't easy but I managed to pull it off at the end. But now I'll have to get myself ready to do Classic Mode on 9.0 Intensity. Oooh boy...

• Brohoof 1

Trying to find more people to add to my friendlist to smash with.

My code is: 2895 - 6475 - 2715

Be sure to tell me if you added me so I can add you back!

Added. Once again, my code is 0860 - 3399 - 8294.

• Brohoof 1

I got it back when it came out and I am very impressed. Unlocked all characters and all but two challenges over the weekend that followed launch.

Greninja is so awesome.  :wub:

Played Brawl this week and honestly I find it too hard to play after experiencing the 3DS version, it feels dated, clunky, lacking characters, and honestly the graphics are worse than the 3DS I think.

Anyways, here's my code: 1048-9036-7687

Feel free to add me and we can smash sometime.

Eh... Out of the 5, I'd only like to see Snake and possibly Mewtwo return. Also, what's wrong with Dark Pit? Sure he's another clone character, but at least there's not as many in Sm4sh as there were in Melee.

He's not even a clone, he's a pallate swap :P

Anyway I'm tired of whining about Dark Pit now. How does everyone feel about Smash Run?

I definitely play this game, been playing a lot of Super Smash Bros 4 on the 3DS, I can't wait for the Wii-U version to come out. I need to get a Wii-U first though, since I have a job now I think I will be able to afford one by November 21st.

But I'm a Kirby player. Always Kirby, though I will play other characters for fun. I have been playing for a while so yeah.

His moves are different, his attacks are more powerful, but slower, and also his arrow is more powerful, and so much harder to curve, so no, he is basically a clone. Try it out. I've seen and experimented with the differences. Try to look for those things.

How does everyone feel about Smash Run?

Smash Run is fun, I've been playing it often, with other friends and by myself, though it can get frustrating. xD I only play Kirby on that, with customizations. But It's fun overall, and my friends like it as well.

Dedede is not nerfed, he's gotten buffed. He was essentially all chaingrab and Bair kill in Brawl, but he's gotten a ton of buffs pretty much everywhere.

Also, if you are smart with your Gordos, they are actually really good for pressure- they can be controlled to move slow or fast, and the slow one is very useful while at mid range(you can approach and be somewhat safe with it), while the fast one is an excellent attack to hit recovering enemies. They also do like 20% damage...

I withdraw this statement. While I hold to the statement about Brawl Dedede being all bair and chaingrab, he's definitely nerfed as a result of both going away. He lost a fast aerial option(one he needed for getting back on the ground) and his key element(chaingrab).

On the plus side, his multihit moves are absolutely brilliant this time around.

Anyways, here's my code: 1048-9036-7687

Feel free to add me and we can smash sometime.

Added.

Thanks for the matches Mars.

Also LOL at double megaman and double link.  :lol:

Man, you were a hard one! I was actually sweating half the time since you just kept countering. I only won like 3 battles out of 12 or something. Definitely a challenge.

Also, sorry about that "no contest" at the end. The phone rang and I was home alone. Hopefully we can have a 3 or 4 person match with some others here?

Anyway I'm tired of whining about Dark Pit now. How does everyone feel about Smash Run?

He might as well have been, lol.

3 differences in total in actual gameplay:

Stronger Arrows that don't go as far.

Different angle on Side B launch.

Much weaker F-tilt.

My FC: 2380-3090-3964

Edited by RWB

Well... Mewtwo is coming back... In the Spring, if you have both versions.

Awesome news for me, since I have both systems. Nintendo's got to make money.

Smash Direct was hype! The stage builder looks amazing, and Mewtwo is coming! The fact that Ridley is confirmed to be a stage boss and not playable is so troll tho, but it's cool that he can fight alongside you I guess... :wacko:

I'm hyperventilating over here, that Smash Bros. Direct was fantastic. Here it is for those who missed it:

Stage builder? HELL YES. My brother and I liked Brawl's first attempt, but Wii U's taking steps further with that touch screen.

Why can't the holidays come sooner?!

• Brohoof 4

I'm hyperventilating over here, that Smash Bros. Direct was fantastic. Here it is for those who missed it:

Stage builder? HELL YES. My brother and I liked Brawl's first attempt, but Wii U's taking steps further with that touch screen.

Why can't the holidays come sooner?!

The more I watched this, the more I regretted buying the 3DS version. WiiU version seems better in every way possible : /

The more I watched this, the more I regretted buying the 3DS version. WiiU version seems better in every way possible : /

Well keep in mind that the 3DS and Wii U are completely different systems so of course, compromises had to be made in order to get it running on Nintendo's newest handheld. But that doesn't mean you should write off the 3DS version just because the Wii U version's got a lot more to offer. The 3DS can still hold its own when you can take it anywhere and enjoy the new game mechanics, even if you don't plan on getting the Wii U version.

Still, I'm getting a copy for my 3DS as well as getting a Wii U for Smash this holiday.

That Nintendo Direct really took a stab at my heart. All I have is the 3DS version, so the way they made the similar things plus the extra stuff for the Wii U look cooler, I sorta took it as an offense. I am still excited for the game and I will probably get a Wii U sometime in the future.

• Brohoof 2