Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Flurry Heart isn’t a full-born alicorn?

ManaMinori

I’ve come to realize that alicorns in and of themselves- though less gods, and more figureheads, aren’t as powerful as they seem to be. However, Flurry Heart was born an alicorn, and while- even as a baby, she seems immensely powerful, if this really the case? Is FH really an alicorn? In DBZ franchise, Saiyan blood- though powerful, becomes infinitely more powerful when dilluted by human blood. Meaning, a half-blood offspring of the two will be more powerful than the parents if that potential is applied in combat. Could the same be said for Flurry, who has ascended alicorn and unicorn blood within he, and is a half-breed, rather than a full alicorn like Celestia ad Luna?

I sorta don't think she's that powerful honestly, likely not anymore powerful than the other Alicorns, more just totally out of control. We saw this with Pound and Pumpkin Cake before, where they were great at flying and magic despite being so young. Seems like ponies have a lack of control and bursts of power and ability when they're babies, which they then lose as they grow and they have to relearn things. Flurry just seems extra extreme since she was born an Alicorn.

• Brohoof 1

On 5/3/2017 at 8:59 PM, RareBase said:

I sorta don't think she's that powerful honestly, likely not anymore powerful than the other Alicorns, more just totally out of control. We saw this with Pound and Pumpkin Cake before, where they were great at flying and magic despite being so young. Seems like ponies have a lack of control and bursts of power and ability when they're babies, which they then lose as they grow and they have to relearn things. Flurry just seems extra extreme since she was born an Alicorn.

thing is- since the adult alicorns are more like figureheads, and are princesses of something (sun/ moon/ friendship/ love), they've become nerfed. They don't need to be powerful, because they rule- not by a show of power, but harmony. That's not true for Flurry. and unlike Pound and Pumpkin, Flurry can control her powers. she no longer has random outbursts, but knows exactly what she's doing when it comes to spells, which are- as Twilight said, extremely advanced, even for a baby

(edited)

Pretty sure in this world you're only one race, at least when it comes to just ponies (since mules are half breeds). Like Pound and Pumpkin Cake aren't half pegasus/half earth pony and half unicorn/ half earth pony. They are fully a pegasus and unicorn. Actual genetics don't seem to even be a factor, considering Pound's pegasushood comes from a relative who doesn't even share the same blood.

And Flurry Hearts probably just seems strong because she's a baby. It was already shown in Baby Cakes that babies can be pretty strong. And that's possibly because, at least when it comes to the magic that unicorns use, it's dependent on having a clear goal and the power of your emotions. Babies are practically full id, they'll feel as strongly as they want to feel and aren't really capable of that much complex thought that they probably can only focus on one thing, what they want done.

Edited by Marimo

Flurry Heart is a pure alicorn since she was born that way though this can be debated a little since the writers haven't explained much about the subject--Celestia and Luna's respective responses are a sign of this. While she does have unicorn blood in her, ponies are only classified as the one pony type as opposed to being half-breeds. That would lead to some confusion and criticism which Hasbro would rather avoid at all costs. With Flurry Heart, I'd say her magic is more subdued given it has been restrained though she still shows incredible skills for one so young.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 5/3/2017 at 10:59 PM, RareBase said:

I think she is more powerful. In one episode, she beat twilight in terms of magic power, and she is only a baby! I am talking about the episode where she was picking up hospital beds and twilight couldn't stop her

Edited by trademark2

(edited)
13 hours ago, trademark2 said:

I think she is more powerful. In one episode, she beat twilight in terms of magic power, and she is only a baby! I am talking about the episode where she was picking up hospital beds and twilight couldn't stop her

But she wasn't trying to overpower Flurry in that scene. If she just wanted to she probably could've put everyone on the ground, but using power, too much of it, could have led to someone getting slammed to the ground and them getting hurt. She was trying to be gentle, focusing on beds one by one, and it was a better move to try and make Flurry aware of what she was doing and just have her stop it all.

Edited by Marimo

Much to my dismay, Flurry is simply a super-overpowered-mega-alicorn-baby. It is something I hate with a passion and still hate, even if Flurry herself is alright. I am hoping by the end of this season we get to know WHY she was born as one, because the question was asked when she showed in the first place. I doubt we will get any answers though. Just throw it under the rug like the issue doesn't exist.