Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A bat's shadow RP (1x1 Rp w/ Maple Bat)

reader8363

"So this is where you store everything you retrieve through portals." She said and yawned a bit. "Well that chase plus all the changeling stuff really wore me out. Guessing you don't have a guest room around here. If you don't have one I'll just head home and meet up with ya In a bit."

Shadow said as while scratching the back of his head, "Well, I do have a spare bedroom, I use it somepony gets hurt on my account, but it's in the basement, with another bathroom. You can use if it you like?" Then he headed for the bathroom, across the hall from his bedroom, to take a shower.

"Yea that'd be nice thanks." She replied gazing at the bandage that covered the wound she got against that timber wolf. "Hey Shadow by the way, I would have died in the everfree forest if you hadn't have come with me for that I owe you a lot more than just a thank you but I don't know how to repay you." Her words where genuine and true she would have chased that changeling into the forest until she got jumped by that timber wolf anyways but she had no medical supplies with her at the time without them she wouldn't have made it back to ponyville.

Shadow stopped and said, "It's not necessarily, but if ya do come up with something, let me know. He closed the bathroom door and shook his head, if Maple saw that room, she might have told Luna since she's not close with Celestia and he could get in trouble. He turned on the hot water, and let it run across his scales, taking the dirt and leaves out from underneath. He grabbed the soap and let his shadow scrub his back, but he stopped it from doing his wings. He hasn't told anyone that he can feel through them as if they were real. Once he was done he got out and started drying himself off.

Maple realized that maybe she should shower too even with the wound as this was not her bed she was sleeping in. Once she stepped into the bathroom she closed the door behind her and locked it. She took off the bandage, threw it away and prepared a new one for when she finished. She let cool water wash over her to her it was a welcome change. She thought about the day while she was showering she not only met a really freaking cool dragon who had shadow and portal magic but she had caught another changeling and stood up for herself against celestia something she had wanted to do for a while. She felt like she owed Shadow her life after the events of the changeling chase but he didn't seem to mind it. After she had finished she quickly bandaged the wound again, placed her belonging she still had with her in a corner and crashed onto the quest bed.

Shadow got out of the upstairs bathroom and headed to the room he locked up. When stepped in. He turned on the light to see relics, books, and artifact on the walls and a board stuffed into the corner with pictures the princesses and others with higher powers, He picked up the box he found in the canyon and started brushing it off. He scooted the chair back and headed to get a sword if the writing on the box is right, then this would help out with his jobs.

It didn't take Maple long to fall asleep given how tired she was. While she was asleep she had several things happen, at first she had a normal dream but she flinched while she was asleep and got awoken by her wound hurting again. After falling asleep again she had a nightmare about Shadow betraying her in the forest once again waking up to realize it was only a dream. "Dang I've got some serious trust issues" she said to her self She then went over to her belonging pulled out some stationary and wrote a letter to Luna and sent it via the jar of Spike's fire breath which she kept in her bag Twi was smart thinking of this idea She thought putting away her things Can't believe she can make the flame last this long. Eventually Maple manged to fall into a deep sleep for a few hours.

When Shadow got back to the room with his rapier and slowly opened the box since it might be trapped. He looked inside to see an orb of a dark red ruby, He picked it up and looked at it, then he got an idea. He grabbed the rapier and popped out the stone at the bottom. He tried putting the orb into the rapier for hours. When he finally did, he took a swing. It felt like it was missing something. He sighed and tried throwing it into the portal, but it somehow got stuck in the shadow. He pulled it out and used his magic it on it. It crackled, and when he swung it, the swing had a dark color to it. He placed it next to him and hit the books. 

Once Maple had finally decided to wake up she had heard a faint crackling in another room. She got out of the bed and when to go make her and shadow something to eat. Now where was the kitchen again She thought What would he want to eat though. Maybe I should find him first. She looked around the house, going to his bedroom first then after seeing that the bathroom was not locked she continued looking and she got lost for a few minutes before finding the kitchen. I know I'll make him some meat I know he likes that. She then began to look around for different ingredients and spices for her to use.

When Shadow couldn't find anything on the ruby, he sighed, closed the book, and placed it on a note on the board. Then he walked to the weaponry and it's scabard. As he was fastening on, he heard cupboard shut downstairs in the kitchen. He walked downstairs to see Maple in the kitchen he sat down and said, "Did ya sleep well?"

"Yea, I did thanks." She said "I was looking for you for a while to ask if you wanted me to make you something but I couldn't find you so I just started prepping some meat... but then I realized I don't know how you like it prepared." While she was talking to him She was also adding some different things into a bowl which she was mixing. She then poured it's contents into a muffin tray and put it in the oven. She learned baking some time ago from Pinkie at the time it was to help with her isolation from the pony communities but still a useful skill none the less.

Shadow got up, took the scabbard off of him, and said as he walked into the kitchen, "Huh, I was just doing some research on something I found in the canyon, and I'll help with the meat." He got in the cupboards and pulled out a few exotic spice that you don't really find in the lands that the princesses rule over, then he reached into the very back to pull out a bottle that had a dark purple liquid in it with a skull on it.

"Wow that bottle looks scary" She said to him "I'm not entirely familiar with anything outside of equestria however I've been out there sometimes and I've never seen anything like that. What is it?" She was monitoring the muffins she had put in the oven to make sure she made them right as she wasn't the best at this.

Shadow said as he started mixing in the stuff, "I got it on one of my jobs. It's a drink that higher than ponies can tolerate, for me, it gets me drunk in a few seconds if I consume a lot of it, but it's good." He added a drop to the mixture. and added the rest of the spices on top of it. He walked over the fridge and grabbed a salad out. He chopped up the meat, then added the mix to it.

"So if I drank it I would be drunk with just one drop?" She said quite amazed and confused at the same time. "I've never drank before at all because I need to stay sharp in case Luna needs me. However it still seems like strong stuff must be rare."

Shadow thought about it and said as he looked for a fork, "Maybe, I have a higher tolerance than ponies, so I'm going off speculation." He found a fork and sat down at the table.  He moved the rapier off the table, so it wasn't in the way.

"That's a nice looking sword there." She said picking it to look at it. "Prefer spears myself but I've used a sword before. It's nice If you can use them." Looks pretty neat my bow is better though at least for me personally.

(edited)

Shadow placed the fork in the bowl and said, "yeah, but I'm more into bigger weapons. I decided to keep that on me since I somehow can't put in through a portal." He picked up the fork and started eating it. He thought about the ruby at the handle as he ate, then he got an idea on what book it might be in, He got up from the table and headed to the room to find the book.

Edited by reader8363

The muffins Maple was making finally finished as she set the weapon down. She then found a small cloth she could use to pull them out without burning herself when she pulled them out and turned around she saw that Shadow had left she shrugged and set the muffins down. She let one cool for a few minutes and then bit into it. Still underdone but I've improved. She thought

Shadow found the book he was looking for and started flipping through it. When he couldn't find anything, He dropped the book on the floor and sat down in the chair with a sigh. With the magic and power, it must belong to one them, maybe Sombra or someone like him.

Maple heard something hit the floor in another room. "Hey! You alright!" She shouted from where she was. "Do you need help with that research of yours?" She began to head to the room she heard the thunk come from.

Shadow stretched and said as he placed the book on the shelf, "It's fine, just thought I knew the book I needed. I'm trying to figure out the what the ruby is." He threw a blanket off the board and started putting the books away.

"It's a gemstone you need help with?" She asked him "I know Rarity would know about precious gemstones more than anypony else. Want to go ask her or is this more of an artifact than a Gemstone?" She was doing her best to help him out but didn't know what she was dealing with.

Shadow said as he exited the room, "It's a bit of both. It seems that the gem is an artifact that was would by a powerful creature, but none of the books, I have, say anything about it, and the ones that do, are already found and put in museums and still are there. So there's a slight chance she'll know about." He headed down the stairs, picked up the rapier, and fastened it to his back.

"That's a good point. I also doubt Twilight would know about it." She said "I mean I could ask Luna but I don't know what her response would be as we both don't know a lot about it." She kept thinking about ponies that may know a way to help.