Wait... Sea Ponies are back??? :love::love::love:

Holy god, this is so freaking gorgerous :pinkie::pinkie::pinkie:

Edit: What a redesign, right?

Resultado de imagen de seaponies

cd3547fc50.jpg

Now they look more like... sirens? 

Edited by jorge123esp
  • Brohoof 2

I've just look at the article on my smart phone and I was pleasantly surprised that moving my phone around rotated the 360 degree picture like my smart phone was some kind of window peeking into another world!

• Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

Seapony Fluttershy is my favorite. ^^

Screenshot_20170522-104042.thumb.png.e4b581a8bd8ad25049e1edf1c8ec5223.png

I didn't notice that! So the mane 6 can transform into that? Like with the breezies? 

Oh gosh I'm getting so hyped 

• Brohoof 2

45 minutes ago, jorge123esp said:

cd3547fc50.jpg

Eh, nah. Sirens look worse. This is like a pony (when you look at the face) and sirens are more like dragons. But that they are also in mythology so...

• Brohoof 1

On 5/22/2017 at 9:32 AM, jorge123esp said:

More like mermaids(maremaids?Mermares?Horsefishpun?)

Sirens look more like...seadragons with hooves. The finny hooves and tail seem more...fishy.

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, SONICchaos said:

More like mermaids(maremaids?Mermares?Horsefishpun?)

Sirens look more like...seadragons with hooves. The finny hooves and tail seem more...fishy.

Aren't mermaids and sirens the same? I thought they were the same thing :blink::rarity:

5 minutes ago, jorge123esp said:

Aren't mermaids and sirens the same? I thought they were the same thing :blink::rarity:

Its one of those things where depending on who and what author you ask you'll get a different answer. Sort of like "Do you consider chess or e-sports 'sports'?".

In origin they are completely unrelated myths but over time they sort of crossed paths enough to be confused and conflated to be the same. Originally sirens were half bird-half woman hybrids who would sing to sailors on jagged rocks with the intent to enchant the men to crash their ship on the rocks so the sirens could eat them. Mermaids werent known for any singing ability but were rather just half fish women.

In pop culture now they often overlap but for the most part mermaids arnt known for enchanting males with songs to consume them. Sirens are almost always known to be carnivorous and portrayed as "villains" in stories.

http://knowledgenuts.com/2014/02/05/the-difference-between-mermaids-and-sirens/

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, SONICchaos said:

Its one of those things where depending on who and what author you ask you'll get a different answer. Sort of like "Do you consider chess or e-sports 'sports'?".

In origin they are completely unrelated myths but over time they sort of crossed paths enough to be confused and conflated to be the same. Originally sirens were half bird-half woman hybrids who would sing to sailors on jagged rocks with the intent to enchant the men to crash their ship on the rocks so the sirens could eat them. Mermaids werent known for any singing ability but were rather just half fish women.

In pop culture now they often overlap but for the most part mermaids arnt known for enchanting males with songs to consume them. Sirens are almost always known to be carnivorous and portrayed as "villains" in stories.

http://knowledgenuts.com/2014/02/05/the-difference-between-mermaids-and-sirens/

Ah, alright. Thanks for clear me up the differences between mermaids and sirens :D

5 hours ago, jorge123esp said:

I can tell spanish is your native language. I can tell you'd been clarified about the differences, but I understand your confusion because the same word is used to both sirens and mermaid 

• Brohoof 1