Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Forsaken of the Everfree 1x1 with Maple Bat

MickeyAdaptus

She had forgotten about that due to adrenaline. "I'll be alright just need to patch it up." She realized she didn't have any medical stuff on her. "You don't happen to have any sort-of bandages on you do you? I could Improvise if I need to.

• Brohoof 1

"Sorry I don't have any medical supplies but... Perhaps I have something, give me a moment."

he checked his cloak and pulled out a handkerchief.

"Hope this helps."

he said as he handed the handkerchief to Maple with his magic.

The branch that Jack stood on started to crack a bit.

Jack slowly balanced his way to the main trunk of the tree.

Maple worked with the handkerchief to stop most of the bleeding. "Thanks, sorry about that though." She said "I'll wash it off before I give it back to ya." She tied it around her leg so it was accessible if it got worse again "You should probably climb down from there."

• Brohoof 1

Jack nodded and stood against the middle tree.

But then he realised that he was going to have a rather hard time climbing down with his hooves.

He looked around until a little plan formed in his head.

Jack jumped down from the tree straight into one of the bushes.

Jack eventually stood up and groaned. "I am not doing that anymore."

Maple was trying to get a better idea of where they where.

"Could have levitated yourself down from there." She said "Or asked me but what's done is done." She looked in her stuff for a map but she didn't have a local map of the forest. She also was doing more threat assessment Timber wolves where basically the least of it. She decided not to worry Jack about it for now. She looked at the sun trying to use it more as a compass. And decided to head north. "This way. I think."

• Brohoof 1

Jack stumbled out of the bush

"Aye, let's hope we are heading the good way, I cannot even start to imagine what kind of horrors this forest holds."

As they were walking, Jack looked around from time to time.

He eyed every corner like a hawk.

"I hope it is going to be ok..." he mumbled.

"Hey, kid I'm going to tell you something and if we get separated then if you find me again ask me what I told you. Alright" She started looking a bit concerned " I always call Celestia , 'Tia." She told him that because she knew there where changelings out here somewhere she had chased plenty into the forest.

• Brohoof 1

Jack looked surprised.

"Oh um alright."

He looked at her with a confused expression.

"I guess this must be some sort of code word right?" he asked, wondering what she meant by that.

He started to feel a bit uncomfortable, not liking where this was heading.

"Yea a code word!" She went with that "Don't worry about it to much it's mostly for my benefit." I guess He's never heard of a changeling before that makes what I just said really concerning She thought. " but hey... I don't want to worry you anymore but If you ask me that and I say something else or nothing at all, run." 

• Brohoof 1

"Very well, I will." he replied

They had been moving for a while, and it had been rather quiet so far.

The sun started to go down as it was already getting really late.

"It is getting dark. Of all the places where I had to get lost during the dark..." he muttered.

"I think we will have to hurry, I rather not be here during dark if I am going to be totally honest." he said, looking at Maple.

Maple looked over at the sun she didn't realize how long they had been hiding from the timber wolves "Don't think that's an option we best keep moving even during the night unless we need sleep otherwise we're not gaining a lot of ground." She told him looking into his eyes "I can see in the dark see? So I can just carry you till the sun comes back out." She had no preference on if he accepted that offer or not she could use the rest but she needed to get home to her parents.

• Brohoof 1

Jack nodded.

"You are right, I forgot that you had nocturnal eyes."

He seemed to think for a moment.

"I trust you, I have no reason not to trust you." he said with a smile.

'I just hope we get out of here soon, this forest just seems so..... wrong....' he thought, a look of worry in his eyes.

"Yea it's scary out here which is why I was so concerned to see you out here." She said lifting the colt onto her back "I can think of worse places to be I've actually be sent to some of them like the badlands nothing good comes out of that place." She shuttered a bit. She was listening closely for anything threatening but kept a calm composure to assure the colt he was safe.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Yeah, i can imagine, heard some freaky stories about that place."

He looked around a bit tough there was hardly anything to see for him since it was already getting rather dark in the forest.

After a few minutes of walking, Jack suddenly heard something, but couldn't what it was.

"Maple... I think I heard something over there." he said as he pointed his hoof towards where he had heard the sound.

But unknown to the group a Cockatrice had spotted them.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

Maple started moving faster "What do you think it was?" She was looking around frantically in order to find whatever it was. Her mother had told her about most of the animals that resided in everfree none of them where nice.

• Brohoof 1

"I am not sure what it was, all I heard where the sound of soft feet walking upon the ground, but the walking stopped rather fast."

Jack looked around until he saw a red pair of eyes.

"Um, why are those eyes giving me a sudden feeling of paralyzation?!" Jack said panicking.

The red eyes were visible in the darkness.

Maple thought about what that meant wait paralyzation feeling? eyes? Oh no... "Cockatrice! Look away from it's eye's quickly!" She shouted as she turned drastically to force Jack to avert his gaze she didn't want to look for it otherwise she could get turned to stone. Trying to escape the Cockatrice Maple began zig-zaging in between trees tying to separate that gaze from the two of them.

• Brohoof 1

Jack panicked as his mind was having trouble processing with everything that was going on.

Not knowing what to do, he buried his head into her fur, trying to block his eye sight.

The cockatrice was running after them and surprisingly managed to catch up with its current running speed.

Dang can't shake it She though Can't fight either otherwise I risk getting caught in it's gaze wait...

"Hey kid I have to fight this thing to get it to leave us alone but if I meet it's gaze it won't be good." She hated asking this kid for this "Could you be my eyes? Just look through my mane so it doesn't see you and tell me where to strike with my spear. It's the only thing I can think of."

• Brohoof 1

"A-alright il try" he said nervously.

He did as Maple asked and looked trough her black mane.

The Cockatrice was getting closer, trying to get the prey to look into his eyes.

"Hold your spear exactly at the height of your nose." he instructed.

When the Cockatrice was close enough, Jack shouted.

"Now!" 

As soon as Maple heard Jack and she did exactly as he said. She lunged and hit the cockatrice dead on delivering enough power to pierce its hide. She didn't kill it but now it'd think twice before messing with her. "Good work." She told him "I'm proud of you however excuse me for a moment." She put Jack on the ground and fell down. She was sweating from running so far and being was so nervous about the cockatrice she thought that wasn't going to work but it was the only way out, but it worked and now she could rest for a minute.

• Brohoof 1

Jack was in shock from what had happened.

He didn't say anything as he felt like he his entire brain had been reformatted, a throbbing headache forming in his head from the eyes of the cockatrice that he had seen.

But to his horror part of his horn had turned to stone.

He face planted into the dirt as he buried his face as he started sobbing. Since he was not used to these kinds of things happening.

"Jack! Are you ok?!" Maple said she saw what happened to his horn "I'm so sorry. I... I didn't mean for this to happen." She felt bad for getting Jack into this mess with her. What made everything worse was she knew this wasn't the worst to come. She wanted to cry she may never get home but she did remember she had a salve that zecora had made for petrification she brought with her. "Hey wait I have something for that, here." She put the salve on the stone part of his horn. "That should fix that. Let's keep moving you can sleep on my back." She picked Jack back up and spread her wings to give him more room to lay down.

• Brohoof 1

"Thank you." he said as he closed his eyes.

He eventually fell asleep.

Sometimes an occasional mumbling in his sleep.

It was still dark, and it was getting later into the night as everything went on.

Maple was wandering for a few minutes before she heard something else. Now what She thought but all that jumped out at her was a small animal of some kind that she didn't recognize immediately. After looking at it she realized it was just a rabbit. She sighed in relief. She had kept moving for a few hours before she heard a loud crash of thunder. It's about to storm She thought as she started to feel by rain. Quickly she set her tent back up, and went inside it, and put Jack down. "No use catching a cold" she said to herself.

• Brohoof 1