Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

FlareGun45

Has anyone or anyone you know ever made a fanfic, and then create or at least plan to turn that fanfic into something completely out of the Equestria universe? Like, for example, I made a pony fanfic a long time ago with OCs and everything, and there were enough OCs and enough story to make a separate universe out of! Same characters, very similar story, and completely different universe! No ponies and no Equestria is the only difference! Fighting is Magic has done the same thing! It's not a fanfic, but it's a fanmade game, and now it's its own separate universe: Dem Fightin' Herds! And Lauren approves of it! She's not picky of these kind of things! 

So what's your opinion on turning fanmade brony content into completely original content? It's a great way to avoid those damn Hasbro copyrighters! ;)

• 7 months later...

But what if you use your own OC ponies, and are not in Equstria but your own original Universe? Where is the line drawn with Pony themed characters when it comes to not being MLP infringement and having your own Orginial Story. I've been trying to figure this out, for I have this idea for a webcomic, but I want to make sure I'm not crossing that line if I try to monetize it. I see people on Youtube making money with their  OC ponys and pony themed stories, like those in the Secret Rift / Rift Cafe community. But I can't find anyone doing that in Comic or Written form, outside of non-profit publishing. Them seem to use it as advertisement for commissions sales most of the time. 

Them Fighting Herds had to change pretty much everything, from changing all the fighters to different (non-pony) species and changing the whole backstory of the world they are fighting in. It looks like Lauren herself draw up the character designs and came up with a cool story to go with em. That was great of her.

Edited by Torpy_Ponius

To be honest, I have over 60 episode ideas for FiM that I'm trying to turn into an animated series on YouTube (which if this perks your interest and you want to know more, there's a link in my sig), but if it ends up falling though, I'll have put so much time and effort into developing these episode ideas, that I couldn't just let them all go.  What I'd probably do is re-work the episodes for a 'backup' idea I've got, that's a show that I may end up trying to pitch to NBC or CBS or one of the other main networks someday.

(And if on the wild off-chance I somehow get hired by Hasbro as a writer for FiM, I could not only have my episode ideas part of the actual show, I could also rework part of the backup idea as a G5 pitch.)