Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Sanctuary, Appaloosa (1x1 Reboot w/ driz)

Jack Baker

@driz

As Honey Glow stood there, unarmed, her coat slowly began to regain its natural color, and her face went back to the way it was. She looked worried again, panicky even, and she gripped her head in pain.

"Gahh... I can feel her!!" she yelled out. "I can feel her trying claw her way back inside me!! Get OUT!!" She banged her head against the wall. "Leave me ALONE!!" She banged her head again. "I've been bad... I deserve this..." She did it once more, enough to knock her out. She lay silent on the floor.

Raze slowly sat up, gripping his right hand in pain. He looked at his arms. Cuts everywhere, and the stab wound seemed to go through pretty deep. 

"Ah..." he winced in pain, setting his backpack next to him and taking out the strange medicine he found in the bathroom. Not knowing what else to do, he poured it directly on his stab wound, and rubbing some lightly on the cuts on his arms. For a few seconds, nothing happened, but then, he could see his injuries slowly close in front of him, the pain completely disappearing. His eyes widened in shock.

"What the hell..." he said quietly. He quickly went over to Lory and poured the rest of it on whatever injuries she had. They, too, began to heal themselves.

Still unable to process what he just saw, Raze looked at the bottle again, trying to find details of what was in the medicine. Nothing. More importantly... it was empty. He tossed the bottle aside.

"You doing alright?" he asked Lory.

Perplexed, terrified, shocked. Lory remained motionless while trying to make sense of everything that had happened just then. The cuts on her palm stung like a million papercuts being dunked into alcohol. Thankfully, the pain steadily disappeared after Raze spilled the last drops of the mysterious liquid onto her wounds. Rapidly inhaling and exhaling in an attempt to regain her breath, after a few seconds of staring at Honey Glow's limp body on the ground, she turned to face her partner.

"...I will be... Once we get the hell out of here..." She responded. "You know... As much as I would like to rub it in your face that I was right about ditching the brat when we still had the chance, I won't. Because... uh... well... ah, heck, nevermind. I'll do it." She then took a deep breath and stared right into his eyes.

"I TOLD YOU!!"

@driz

Raze sighed. "Yeah, sure, whatever. Look let's just get out of here and--"

He was interrupted by something grabbing his left hand. He turned his head and saw Honey Glow back up again, back to her old form when she attacked them. She was breathing heavily, pushing Raze against a boarded up wall.

"LEAVE ME!!!" she yelled at him, pushing him with incredible strength that he flew into the wall, the weak wood splintering everywhere into another room. She grabbed a sharp piece of wood, holding his backhanded like the knife she had before. 

"GOOOOO!!!"

Raze, looking for anything to defend himself, found a small pack axe on the floor next to him. He picked it up, and got into a combat stance.

"Don't make me do this!" he said to Honey Glow, though he was unsure if the person he was talking to was the same one he rescued. 

She ignored him, and ran at him, and tried to stab him with the wood. He quickly stepped to the left.

"Fine, you asked for it!" He took a swing at her, hitting her in the arm. She swung back, but he dodged it and landed a horizontal swing at her stomach.

Before she had time to react, a large dust cloud raised up in front of Lory when Honey Glow flung Raze against the wooden wall, bringing it down. Once she was able to perceive the situation, she rapidly sprung into action. While the girl was distracted, taking hits back and forth, Lory went behind her and managed to seize her by the arms with a bear hug, holding her in place while she thrashed around wildly.

"HIT HER NOW!!" She ordered. "KILL HER!!"

@driz

Honey Glow thrashed around, trying to break free of Lory's grip.

"I can't control it!" she screamed. "I...I...!"

Raze was unsure of what to do at first, then tightened his grip on the axe and took a wild swing at her, burying the axe on the left side of her neck. Her eyes went wide, and she reverted back to her regular self, regaining the color in her body. She tried gasping for breath, then went limp.

Raze stepped back, then dropped to the ground, not sure anymore of what to make of the current situation, yet he was surprisingly calm. He buried his face in his hands, trying to think about what to do next.

A considerable amount of blood sprayed on her cheek after Raze took the swing. Once Lory noticed that Honey Glow had stopped resisting and that her body went limp, she let the girl's body go so that it fell to the ground with a thud. Lory stared at her for a few more seconds in shock as the realization slowly sunk in: they had just killed someone.

In silence she stood as a enormous wave of different emotions took space inside her mind. Relief for having overpowered the lunatic attacker and saved their lives. Regret and terror for having taken someone's else life in such an unusual set of circumstances. Confusion for the things the girl spoke of, her actions, her sudden change in mood and appearance. At the end of the day, she was at a loss. She only wanted out. She only wanted to wake up from that nightmare.

Lory looked over at Raze: her expression full of torment.

"It was either her, or us..." She explained. "It... It was self-defense, Ray-Ray... There's nothing we could've done..." She then moved closer to him, going around the dead body that laid between them. She put a hand over his shoulder and tapped it twice. "Come on, big cat. Let's go."

@driz

Raze was silent, but he stood up. Just as he was about to move, he heard something ringing in the distance. It sounded like an old phone. He looked at Lory, signaled her to follow him, then went over to where the sound was. Sure enough, there was a phone on one of the drawers in the hall, which he picked up. Before he could even say "hello", a voice on the other line spoke first.

"You really shouldn't have come here." It was a female, with an evident Appaloosan accent.

"Who is this? And how the fuck do you know where we are?" Raze asked.

"My name is Dawn. If y'all want out of there, check the attic."

"Attic..."

"Get movin'. Now." She hung up.

Raze put the phone down carefully. Another mystery person... he thought to himself.

Lory had been trying to listen to the conversation by bringing her ear right up close to the phone, where Raze was speaking. Although she wasn't able to hear enough, she still could make up a few words.

"...Oh, come on now." She exclaimed in disbelief. "Why are these people still playing games with us? Why does everybody have to speak in riddles and be outright unhelpful? Celestia above, this is so stupid!" She brought her hands to her head and paced around the room, clearly upset.

"Attic... Attic... Why the hell would we want to go to the motherfucking attic? That sounds, like, the farthest away possible from the exit!..." Just then, she walked back right next to Raze and picked the phone up. "Let's just call the police, right now." As she began dialing in the numbers.

@driz

Raze took the phone from here as she dialed in the police, but he couldn't hear anything on the other end.

"What... there's no dial tone..." he said to her. As he put the phone down, there was a bang at the end of the hall. Raze quickly went over to the room they were just in. Honey Glow's corpse disappeared, the pack axe lying on the ground where she once was.

"The hell? Lory, the girl! She's gone!!"

He picked up the axe and went out of the room. A small trail of blood smeared the wall, leading to a door. He opened it, and saw that they were right back near the living room door.

"We made a full loop around..." he said. 

"Ooooookay... This is fucked up." She commented, astonished. "Y...You planted that axe right inside her neck! How in the hell can she still walk away after that??" She began wondering to herself. Instead of having the previously stablished questions answered, more and more enigmas kept popping up, and the puzzle pieces were more scattered than ever. She was angry. She was exhausted. She was fed up.

"Do we have any... ANY other option, than continue walking around this goddamn nut house?" She asked Raze, nearly begging. "If we try hard enough, we can totally break through the wall! Honeybee did so just now!... This place is already falling apart; it just needs a little push. Please, Ray-Ray... We can't keep letting these people play us like chess pieces."

(edited)

@driz 

"No..." Raze said to her. "That strength of hers... It ain't fucking normal. She threw me halfway up a flight of stairs, and I don't think a girl as tiny as her can accomplish something like that..." He sighed. "This might be stupid... but I'm gonna head up to the attic. Stay here, and if I don't come back in five minutes... try breaking down the door again."

He made his way out of the hall, heading towards the stairs. Outside, the rain continued to pour, the sound of it echoing throughout the house. As he passed the living room door, someone came sprinting out of it and grabbed Raze by the hand. It was Honey Glow.

"Heey!!" she said to him with a smile. She was leading him forward. "It's ok, it's ok... I know you didn't want to hurt me..." 

Glancing down, Raze saw she had something behind her back. He tried to escape her grip, but she held on to him like a vice. Soon, she grabbed him by the shoulders and shoved him against a wall, her face turning demonic again.

"...But you SHOULDN'T have DONE THAT!!!!"

She pushed to the other wall next to the stairs, and held his left hand against it. He saw she had a screwdriver with her about to impale his hand with it.

"It FUCKING HURT!!!"

Raze quickly reacted and grabbed the hand with the screwdriver with his right, then kicked her in the gut, pushing her back and away from him. He quickly backed up, axe at the ready, but instead of running towards him, she slinked away into the kitchen. A few seconds later, a somewhat loud rumbling could be heard and came back, holding a large chainsaw in her hands.

"Now... let's see how you feel!"

"Oh, what the fuck!!" Raze said as he backed up slowly even more. The crazed girl ran at her, raising the chainsaw to swing down at him, but he stopped it with his arms. The blade was spinning just a few inches away from his face. He pushed her back and away from him, and she fell to the ground. He saw the screwdriver, and he picked it up, running towards her and stomping her in the stomach. She cried out in pain, and he grabbed her leg and drove the screwdriver in her right foot, nailing it to the ground. She screamed. 

He turned to Lory. "Come on!!" he yelled at her. "Up the stairs, let's go!!"

Edited by Jack Baker

Without giving it much thought, Lory followed suit to Raze and dashed upstairs. Taking a quick glance at the girl again, beyond anything, she was amazed. "W...What the hell is she??" She asked while running. "It's a goddamn monster, dude! She won't let us up!"

@driz

"I don't know what she is, and I don't care! We just need to get out of here!" They made their way to the top of the stairs, and Raze saw a small panel on a wooden column. It had one button on it labeled "Stairs". He quickly pressed it, and a hidden staircase slowly dropped down from the ceiling in front of them, leading up. Raze took Lory by the hand and guided her up the stairs. From behind, he could hear Honey Glow coming up towards them, free from the screwdriver in her foot. Just as she was about to climb the hidden staircase, Raze turned around and kicked her off, climbing up. He noticed another one-button panel to his left, and he pushed it. The hidden staircase came up, blocking Honey Glow access.

Raze took a deep breath. "That was close. Oh, man... what the hell... I've said that phrase so many times already but seriously... what the hell?!"

Taking a moment to relax, Raze took a good look where they were at. "This must be the attic..."

Untitled1.png

Lory took a deep breath once they were finally safe and secure. She looked around the attic for a few seconds, exploring the whole area with her eyes. As she took a few steps ahead, she crossed her arms in a dismissive manner. She didn't have much to say, except in expressing how truly uneasy she was feeling. But that had already been done.

"...What now?" She asked. "We curl up in a ball and starve to death?... Oh wait, I know! Let me use my cellphone to call for help-- Oh wait! The battery is dead!... Lovely." She then rolled her eyes.

(edited)

@driz

Raze sighed. "You're just radiating optimism aren't you?" he said to her. He moved past her, and into a room on the right side of the wall. There wasn't much, just a table lamp that lit up the place...

Wait a minute... he thought. He saw something familiar... he walked over to the table, and his eyes widened. There was a \ handgun on the table, with three 13 bullet magazines on the table.

RE7-M19-Handgun-Table.jpg

He quickly inspected the gun, checking the clip already inside. There were 7 bullets, 8 in total counting the one already in the chamber. He loaded the clip back in, flipped the safety on and took the 3 extras, putting them in his pants pocket. He also saw another one of those weird first aid bottles, and he took it with him.

Walking back outside to where Lory was, he showed her the gun and the first aid bottle. "Looks like our odds just got a whole lot better," he said with a slight smirk. He took the pack axe from his backpack and gave it to her. "Come on. Looks like there's a hall down to the right..." He started walking.

Edited by Jack Baker

"Huh..." She uttered while fiddling with the axe she was given. "Gotta admit. Feeling a lot better now." She said with a smirk. While following behind Raze, she became pensive, and started theorizing.

"So... Lemme check if I got this straight." She began. "Our little honeybee was possessed by some sort of freaky demon that makes her sort of completely unkillable. Despite all of the utter nonsense she was yapping about earlier, she mentioned stuff like 'her', 'daddy', and even 'family'... Which gives me the oh-so-joyful idea that she isn't the only one possessed by a freaky demon in this place." As she trailed off in her own thoughts, she began giggling. "Man... And to think that being a paranormal investigator was just easy and boring at times. I was used to just entering a random abandoned house and expecting a whole bunch of nothing for thirty minutes straight!... Yeah... Good times back when I didn't fear for my life..."

@driz

"I mean, it's not like we didn't find anything..." Raze said to her, coming across a door. He slowly opened it, leading to a wide open room. 

"There actually were ghosts in those buildings. Ghosts that I recorded. It's one of the big reasons our show's even popular. This... who knows what this is. Though I wouldn't leave out demonic entity, that's totally possible all things considered..."

He looked around the room, and spotted a ladder leading up to a small window, big enough for them to crawl to.

"Look! A window that isn't boarded up! That chick on the phone was right," Raze exclaimed. He holstered the gun and began to climb up the ladder. As he reached the top, though, he heard the loud rumble of a chainsaw outside, followed by said chainsaw cutting through the glass. Shards flew everywhere, and Raze had to shield his face with his arm. 

"Ah shit, it's her!!" he yelled out loud as he jumped back down. Honey Glow climbed through the broken window and knocked down the ladder. She jumped down into the room and began to quickly charge at them. 

Raze quickly stepped to the side, causing her to miss and swing at nothing. Flipping the safety off, he raised the gun, aimed it at her head, and fired two shots. Her head flung back from the impact of the bullets hitting her head, but she was still standing.

"The fuck?! No way!" Raze said. He fired three more shots, two of them hitting her chest, and one hitting her head.

He looked at Lory. "Well don't just stand there, do something!" 

(edited)

"Yeah, sure thing, Sherlock! 'cause my goddamn toothpick can totally win against her motherfucking chainsaw!" Lory yelled amidst the frightening, incredibly loud rumbling being emitted by the mechanical saw. She gritted her teeth as she began running a circle around the room, stopping opposite to Raze with Honey Glow standing between them.

"OVER HERE, YOU FREAK!!" She called out, readying the pack axe right in hand. Once she took notice of Lory's location, the demon began running towards her. "Oh crap oh crap oh crap--" She repeated to herself while waiting for the most opportune moment to strike. Right when she was close enough, Honey delivered a vertical swing, which Lory managed to sidestep with adequate ease. Immediately after, she swung the axe and managed to hit Honey on the back. However, the axe got stuck in her flesh and Lory was unable to retrieve it before Honey reacted by turning around sharply.

"Well, that sure didn't work..." She noted in horror as her only weapon got stolen. "Guess I'll be the bullfighter for this one! She's all yours!" With that, she continued to divert Honey's attention from her partner.

((OOC: Bed time~))

Edited by driz

@driz

"WE'RE ALL DEAD HERE!!" Honey Glow yelled while still going after Lory. She was swinging the chainsaw wildly, and Raze couldn't seem to aim properly. His final three shots completely missed her, and he had to reload. He took a deep breath, focused, and aimed for the head. He fired three more shots at her, which got Honey Glow's attention to turn around and charge at Raze. He couldn't step out of the way in time, but he managed to stop her arms from bringing the chainsaw down on top of him. He pushed her back, staggering her, which gave him enough time to shoot. He aimed the gun at her and emptied the entire clip, the bullets hitting various parts of her body, at this point he didn't care where to aim. She dropped the chainsaw as she stepped backwards, eventually falling down to her knees.

"Help... me..." she said in a hoarse voice, as she collapsed on the ground.

Raze lowered the gun slowly, not moving towards Honey Glow for fear she might still be alive. "I think I got her... I'm not sure."

Carefully and slowly, Lory inched closer to Honey Glow: sprawled on the ground with her back facing up. She reached for the axe's handle and managed to pull it out from her flesh - some blood spilling out when she did so. She swayed the axe in the air for a few seconds as to clean it while stepping back from the fiend before she decided to attack once again.

"I'll tell ya, I've had ex-boyfriends who weren't as persistent as this brat..." She commented, panting heavily. "We should bounce. Before she gets kicked out from hell again and comes back to life." She then raised the ladder back up towards the broken window. "Up and over."

Raze was about to climb up the ladder, but soon he felt a strong grip on his shoulder, stronger than Honey Glow's.

"Heh, heh...I don't think so," a gruff, male voice with an Appleloosan said from behind him. Before Raze could turn around and see who had grabbed him, he felt a strong punch hit him on his left jaw, and he fell to the ground.

The mysterious figure ran up to Lory and delivered another punch to her face with enough strength to knock anyone out.

Raze could feel his consciousness slipping, and the last thing he saw was the figure hovering over him. From what he could make out, he was an old, balding man.

"You're part of the family now," he said, before stomping him in the stomach. Raze wheezed in pain, then fell unconscious.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raze was falling in and out of consciousness, though he could feel himself getting dragged by his feet somewhere. Though his vision was blurry, he could see he was outside, feeling the rain on his face and the mud on the ground smearing his shirt. He saw what he thought was Lory being carried on someone's shoulder, but he didn't know who. His vision began to fade...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He heard a clinking sound. Sounds of chewing. Slowly, he opened his eyes. He felt tired. A little sick. A pungent smell wafted through the air. It was disgusting, but he didn't even have the energy to gag. His eyes opened fully, and he realized he was sitting in a chair. Not only that, but he was restrained to it. He looked up. Three people were sitting in front of him around a table. A woman, and two men. One of them he recognized: the man that had knocked him out. The woman looked about as old as the man, her face wrinkly, almost zombie-like. The other man looked much younger than the two, though his full head was obscured by a hoodie. He kept picking up something on the table at his face. Looking at the table, he saw it was littered with intestines. He didn't know how to react.

"Ugh..." he said groggily. "Where am I...? Who... who are you people?" He looked to his left. Lory was next to him, also restrained in a chair.

"Rise and shine sleepyhead!!" the woman said with a smile. She had a thick southern accent. "It's time for supper!"

"Wha...? What are you talking about...? What is this pla--"

He was interrupted and startled when the woman slammed her hand on the table, crushing a cockroach and eating it in front of him. "Go on, eat it. It's good!"

"GAH!! Wha-- Who--" Lory suddenly jerked awake when the table was slammed, startled. Once she came back to her senses, the first thing she noticed was that her arms and legs were binded tightly to the chair she sat on. After that, her eyes travelled across the room, staring intently at the people around the table. Then, like a giant wave came an intense feeling of headache. "Owwww... Fucking hell..." She exclaimed in pain, vaguely remembering being knocked out by a strong punch earlier. And finally, the sickening smell of rotten food assaulted her nostrils, making her gag and cough in reaction.

"Wh... What's happening?..." She managed to ask: her voice weak and faint. "Where... Who... Who the fuck are you people?..." Among utter confusion, she began asking questions.

@driz

The woman turned to Lory and smiled. "Why, it's the same thing I told him over there! It's time for supper! Eat up, why don't ya? It's really good! See?" She picked up an intestine and scarfed it down.

"What the fuck..." Raze said quietly.

"Hah! Dumb son of a bitch wouldn't know good if it hit 'im!" The man in the hoodie said. He picked up a plate and threw at Raze.

"Tch!" Raze turned his head away from the impact. He saw the man going for another plate, but the older one quickly gripped his arm. He grabbed a knife sticking out of the table, and jammed it into his arm, gripping the handle and sawing through the flesh and bone, cutting it off.

"Gaaah! Fucking... damn old man, not again!" the hoodied man cried out, while the old man threw his arm on the ground. 

"Get out the way, Mary..." he said, moving past the woman and towards Lory. "Our guests need to eat! They got to have their supper!"

He grabbed a small chunk of intestine from the table. "Come here, girl. Let's do this, come on... come on... comeoncomeon..." He slowly tried putting the intestine in Lory's mouth.

Lory recoiled in her chair as far as she were capable of. As the detestable chunk of meat got closer and closer to her snout, the rancid smell made her head dizzy, gagging and coughing uncontrollably, on the edge of throwing up. Absolutely disgusted, she powerfully pressed her lips together and wildly swinged her head from side to side, trying to avoid the man's hand at any cost. She became desperate, attempting to knock the chunk out of his hand anyway she could.

"GET OFF OF ME, SWINE!!" She screamed, only then opening her mouth, and closing it right after. She rocked the chair back and forth feraciously.

@driz

The woman suddenly went from smiling to shocked in an instant. She pointed and screamed at Lory. "Oh shit oh shit, she's not eating it, Nick, she's not eating it!!"

The man, Nick, quickly turned to the woman. "Shut the hell up, Mary!!

"I-I made that for her!!"

"Get the hell outta here!!"

"AHHH!! You're a stupid little bitch!!!" She proceeded to leave the table, obviously distressed, loudly yelling to herself. Nick turned to look at Lory, showing her the intestine she refused to eat.

"This was supposed to be a very special feast," he said. "Come here, girl..." He grabbed the knife that he used to cut the other man's arm off and slowly brought it towards her mouth, sticking it in and trying to pry it open.