Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Sanctuary, Appaloosa (1x1 Reboot w/ driz)

Jack Baker

@driz

As Lory said the word "family", something popped into Raze's head. "Family... wait" He began to think, and suddenly, his eyes lit up.

"Yeah... now I remember. I knew they looked familiar. These aren't just a bunch of psychopaths with an obsession for family... they ARE a family. They're the Goldhooves! I saw pictures of them while researching the place. They're alive--"

Suddenly, something rang loudly in the room, slightly startling Raze. He turned around and saw a phone on a table in the middle of the room. He picked it up.

"You did good, Raze," a familiar voice said. It was the mystery woman, Dawn.

"Dawn, right? How do you know my name? And what the fuck happened to--"

"Just shut up and listen if you listen if you want to stay alive."

Raze sighed, and stayed quiet.

"You need to get out of that house. Try checking the main hall, they're might be a way out there."

"Alright..." Raze responded.

"Oh, and that thing on both of your wrists is a codex. Don't lose it, it's important."

"Ok...?"

"I'll be in touch." She hung up.

Raze sighed, looking at Lory. "That Dawn person called us again. Said we might find a way out through the main hall. But before we do that, let's take a look around here." As he said that, something caught his attention: a big, dark green chest of some sort.

42_1_1.jpg

He opened it up, and was surprised at what he found.

"Hey, it's my backpack!" he said, taking it out. He opened it, checking to see if everything was inside. Sure enough, it was, including four bottles of water. He opened one and eagerly gulped half of it down.

"Here," he said to Lory, tossing her a bottle.  

Lory caught the water bottle and promptly took a big gulp out of it. With a satisfying breather, she put the cap back on the bottle and crossed her arms. "The Goldhooves, huh?... Damn, I had completely forgotten about'em. Their weird case was what dragged us into this hellhole to begin with." She then became deep in thought, trying to dig into her memory for the important bits about the fabled Goldhooves Mystery.

"So they're alive. They didn't die to the storm like the story suggested. Whoop-de-doo, that's great for them 'n stuff." She paused for a brief second before pacing slowly around the room. "Well... 'alive' is kind of a strong word. Maybe they've been turned into hollow carcasses to house some crazy-ass demons from the underworld. Actually, I'd say they're anything but alive." She shrugged. "Either way, learning this fact doesn't really help us out, does it? There's still so much we don't know. Like who is that weird phone lady leading us around, why is honeybee siding with the psychos, and what happened to her friends a month ago--... W... Wait a second." Lory suddenly halted in the middle of a brainstorm.

"...The missing reports!" She dinged. "The people that went missing after the whole scandal about the haunted house!... Maybe... Maybe they've been captured just like honeybee. Or m-maybe they've been killed... Like that dude in the basement..." She cringed upon replaying that awful scene in her mind. "We did find a piece of paper somewhere with a bunch of names written on it, didn't we?"

@driz

"Yeah," Raze said while looking around. "Next to their names were one of two words: 'dead' or 'turned'. Not sure what the second one means. The only ones without those words were Honey Glow and her other friend Arctic Breeze, the cameraman for that videotape..." He turned to look at her. "I don't know if it's demons or whatever, but whatever it is, is fucking nuts." He resumed searching the room, and found a small metal container. He opened it and found a crude lock pick inside, taking it.

"This might come in handy," he said. "Alright, looks like that's everything. Come on, we need to get moving. Quietly though... I don't know if he's gone..."

He slowly opened the door, and saw it led back to the hall they were just in, right next to the corner. He peeked around, seeing if there was anyone there; fortunately, it seemed clear. 

"Alright, it looks clear," he said to Honey Glow. "Keep your guard up though." He began to walk to the other end of the hall. "What do you think about this Dawn chick? Think we can trust her?"

(edited)

"Alright, it looks clear," he said to Honey Glow. "Keep your guard up though." He began to walk to the other end of the hall.

(( Oh crap! He's teamed up with Honey Glow! D: ))

"The phone lady..." She said, wondering. "Well... We can't really trust anyone in here, Ray-Ray. We tried helping honeybee out back then and it backfired on us like a goddamn clogged shotgun. Realistically, it's you and me against the world." Lory added while slowly, carefully walking forward. "That said, though... I feel like the closest we ever got to getting out of here was through that window up in the attic..." She paused, choosing her next words carefully. 

"...Let's listen to her. Just be careful not to get too comfortable."

Edited by driz

@driz

((OOC: Wow I wrote that? Dang... Well it WAS 1 A.M.))

Raze remained silent, listening to what Lory had to say. He turned right, back to where the old man had cornered them. Just then, he saw a gigantic metal door with some sort of ornate lock. 

maxresdefault_live.jpg

"Woah!" Raze said, legitimately surprised. "How the heck did I miss this?" He tried to push it open, but it wouldn't budge. 

"Damn," he said. He looked closer at the door and, upon further inspection, saw there was a design on the lock that had a missing piece.

"Hmmm," he said. "Wonder what that's all about..." He tried looking around. "There's gotta be a key around here somewhere..."

Just as he said that, he hear a soft banging noise coming from the other side of the hall, then a faint voice.

"Open up!" it said. It didn't sound like one of the Goldhooves. 

"Wait... an outsider?" he said. He ran back to the other side and saw someone knocking on the broken window outside. A man.

"Hey you!" he said to Raze, who quickly ran up to him. A closer look revealed it was a cop.

"Hey! You gotta get us out of here!" he said to the cop.

"What the hell..." Lory whispered quietly to herself as she slowly moved towards the window where someone appeared. His attire suggested he was a member of the police force, which made him look somehow more suspicious in her eyes. Either way, they were on opposite ends: the cop was outside, while her and Raze were locked on the inside. Unless he pulled out a gun and began spraying and praying, there wasn't much else he could do to threaten them.

"Hey... Hey, pig!-- I-I mean... uh... sir!" She called out. "Listen, bring your entire team over here right now! Don't question it, just do it! This place is fucked! These people are kidnappers, torturers, murderers, brainwashers, I don't even know what else! Call everyone over and get us out of here!!" She urged.

@driz

The cop was surprised at the sudden statement. "Hold on you two, back up," he said in a slightly thick Appleloosan accent. "Now, sir, ma'am, do you live here, I mean is this, your property?" He took out a pocket flashlight to see better inside.

Raze raised an eyebrow. "What, us? N-no, no!"

"Alright. Now, we've got several missing calls about some missing persons lately, would you happen to know anything about that?"

Raze grabbed the window. "You don't understand. We need to get out of here right now!"

The cop looked at him, confused. "Now calm down."

"You're not listening to me. There are crazy people in this house trying to fucking KILL us!"

The cop scoffed. "Well, alright, let me tell you this; you don't exactly seem like you're playing with a full desk yourself, alright?"

Raze banged the window lightly. "Are you kidding? What the hell does that even mean?!"

"Look, like I said, we've had several missing persons calls... and I can't rule out that outsiders like yourselves may not be involved."

Raze sighed. "Fine, we'll tell whatever it is you need."

"Alright, now that's more like it, meet me outside by the garage, we'll talk there." He began to leave. 

"Hey, wait! We need a weapon to defend ourselves,  a gun or something!"

The cop scoffed once more. "You must be outta your mind."

Raze shook his head. "Look... officer."

"Deputy," the cop corrected him.

"Alright then... deputy. Now, do wanna see our names in the obituaries? Or do you wanna be a hero and save both our lives?"

The cop looked at him suspiciously for a sec, then reached into his back pocket, handing him a small knife.

"A fucking pocket knife?!" 

"Here. Take it. That's all you're gonna get. Now GO. Garage. Now." He left to head over to the garage.

Raze sighed. "Celestia damn it all..." He unfolded the knife, inspecting. "The fuck are we gonna do with a single knife? Ugh... nevermind, it's better than nothing I suppose."

"Great. We're desperate for any help we can get, and a cop proves to be the most useless... This brings back so many good memories from home." She sighs. "But hey, at least now we have something we can use to smear butter on our bread." She sent a glance towards the knife Raze received.

"Well, you heard Mr. Skeptic. To the garage we go."

@driz

Raze shook his head and made his way to the entrance to the garage. It turned left down some stairs, and soon he was met with a closed metal door. He looked to his left; there was a button that looked like it opened it, but it was taped up inside a metal box with a glass door. He looked at the knife. 

"Well... I guess it IS good for something. How lucky," he said, using the knife to cut the tape holding the door down. He opened it up, and pushed the button, causing the metal door leading to the garage to open. He walked inside and saw the cop inspecting something on the ground. Outside, his patrol car was parked near the garage door, sirens flashing brightly. 

"Hey, we need to get out of here!" Raze called up to the cop, who approached him quickly with a stern looking face. 

"Now first you need to tell what y'all are doing out here alone in the middle of the night!" he shouted to him.

Lory readily took a step forward and positioned herself right between Raze and the cop. "Alright, uhm... First of all, you don't talk to my ma--CAMERAman, like that. Like he's some sort of criminal looting an abandoned house, okay? Second of all... Fuck, how can I explain this in a way you'd comprehend?..." She brought a finger to her forehead.

"Right, you see, we - me and him - are what you call ghost hunters, right? Our job is to explore supposedly haunted locations and film a little bit of all the, uh... paranormal conundrums that goes on there. We'd received information about this lovely place being haunted, so it was our job, as ghost hunters, to come and investigate." She thought a little bit more. "...It's for a show, okay? Paranormal Equestria, look it up. We're big on the internet. Now! If you'll excuse us, we're getting the hell out of here. Thank you for your services, pal!" Lory then took another step and was about to walk right past the deputy, towards sweet freedom.

@driz

The cop stepped in front of her, blocking her way. "Hold on a minute, y'all know who you're talkin' to? I am a cop, and I demand you treat me with some respect! I didn't say y'all could go anywhere either. Now, I'm just doing my job, now won't you do your job, and answer my questions!"

"What more do you need to know?!" Raze asked him, slightly angry.

"What do you know about these missing person reports?!"

"I'm not sure! I don't even know if you'd believe me if I told you!"

"Try me," the cop said with a serious look. Suddenly, both the garage door leading outside and the one behind Raze and Lory began to close. Surprised, he pulled out his gun and held it to his side. 

"Hey, put that door back up!" he shouted at Raze.

"I'm not doing that I-- oh shit. Behind you!" he said, spotting a familiar figure sneaking up behind the cop.

"Put the door back up!"

"Wait!"

"PUT THAT DOOR BACK UP!!"

"WAIT!"

Just then, a shovel went through the cop's head, then pulled back, taking the top of his head with him. As his corpse fell down, Raze could see Nick Goldhoof standing behind him. Ignoring the two of them, he stood over the corpse of the cop, and started beating it with his shovel, screaming like a madman. He kept doing this until it broke, at which point he threw it to the side.

"Fuck it! I'ma kill every one of you," he said, walking over to a metal shelf. He picked up a large fire axe, and swung it at the shelf. Raze took Lory'a hand and led her away from him, backed into a car. He turned around, and his eyes lit up.

"Wait a minute... this is our car!" he said. He looked around, and spotted the keys on a workbench to his left. However, Nick was fast approaching him.

"Lory, grab the keys!" he said, pointing to the workbench. "I'll distract him!" Nick swung at him, which he stepped back from, then came back in and stabbed him in the gut, quickly taking it out and retreating.

The old man grinned and laughed. "You? You think you can hurt me?!" he said as he begun walking towards him again.

Raze ran back. This knife wasn't gonna do him any good! Suddenly, he spotted the officer's gun lying on the ground and raced to pick it up. He cocked it, and aimed it at Nick's head as he got close, firing three shots. As with Honey Glow, they didn't kill him, but they staggered him, giving Raze enough time to reposition himself.

Terrified to the brim, Lory simply nodded and quickly lunged towards the car keys on the workbench. Watching the police officer being repeatedly pierced through and dismantled right in front of her eyes was quite a shock, even though she had witnessed similar - if not worse - scenes up until then. As the initial scare faded away, the mare began feeling thrilled again: enraged, even. As fast as she possibly could, she picked up the keys and rushed inside the car.

"Fuck... Fuck! Okay..." On the pilot seat, amidst trembling limbs, she sloppily inserted the key onto the ignition slot and turned it. The engine's roar signaled the vehicle springing to life, to which Lory responded with a joyful, audible laugh. She stepped onto the clutch, shifted into gear-- "RAZE, BOUNCE!!" --and vigorously floored the gas pedal: wheels screeching. She rapidly steered the wheel, aiming the car directly at Nick.

@driz

The car came sped toward Nick, running him over and into a wall, almost hitting Raze. He glared at her. 

"What the HELL?!?! Whose side are you on?!" he shouted at her angrily, then shook his head. He ran over to her and went into the back seat of the sedan. "Ok, NOW drive!!"

All the while, the old man came back up, and grinned at them.

"Heh, heh heh... mothaFUCK!!"

He didn't do anything, but motioned for them to do it again. "Come on, COME ON!!" He beckoned for them to run him over.

With the sudden collision, Lory's body was thrust forward with considerable force and speed. She immediately reacted by groaning in pain. "Awwwww... My neck!" Evidently, there was no time for seat belts. She turned around, looking back towards Raze after he got in while massaging the back of her head. "I wasn't going to hit you, sweetheart! Chill!... But I was expecting to kinda wreck our ride... My bad." She smiled sheepishly before bringing her right hand back to the stick shift and reversing the car, gaining a short distance between them and Goldhoof.

"I won't let up, though!" She said, staring the old man down with devilish intent in her eyes. "...You're roadkill, dipshit." As she floored the accelerator again, hoping that time he would stay down for good.

@driz

The car hit the old man and he was knocked onto the floor. Disappearing from sight. Raze couldn't see where he was.

"Is he dead...?" he asked, unsure. Suddenly, he heard footsteps on the roof of the car, and said roof had been torn from the car completely. He was standing on the passenger's seat next to Lory, and he had a strong superhuman grip on the steering wheel and her leg pumping the accelerator.

"Nice car ya got here!" He said, pushing on her leg to make the car go while turning the wheel right. He was directing the car where he wanted to, and he crashed it into a wall. 

"Where'd you learn to drive?" he sarcastically asked Lory, while grabbing the gear shift and reversing it, crashing the back against another wall.

"HOLY SH--" Her exclamation was cut short once the vehicle crashed against the wall, wildly bumping her entire body back and forth. She attempted everything in her power to resist, but she was being pinned down by the man's otherworldly strength. She stretched her arms out in order to try and push him away, but to seemingly no avail. "F...FUCK OFF!!" She yelled at the top of her lung. Their car got increasingly more demolished, as well as she got increasingly more motion sick with each crash.

@driz

Nick directed the car over to a pair of steel girders that had fallen over while the car thrashed around. He forced Lory to break, one of the girders an inch away from her face. 

"Let's finish this, you and I," he said to her, then  immediately backed the car up as far as it could go.

"Oh boy, I'ma take you for a ride!" he said to Lory grinning evilly, then made Lory slam her leg into the accelerator. The car sped towards the girders.

"Fuck, fuck, FUCK!!" Raze shouted, ducking as low as he could.

Her pupils shrank at the sight of imminent demise. For a moment she froze in place, while chills crawled their way up her spine and she began sweating. As soon as she were able to, she began struggling - faster, stronger. "No no no no no--" Together with the car's take-off, so did her heart. "NOOOOOOOO!!" She exclaimed, and braced herself. She closed her eyes and moved her head to the side as far as physically possible.

@driz

Raze closed his eyes and felt the car crash into the wall, the engine giving out when it did. He opened one eye to see what had happened. Miraculously, he was unhurt, and it seemed like Lory was the same way. He looked to the right. Nick had taken the full impact of the crash, the girder seemingly crushing him. Blood was everywhere. He slowly crawled out of the car, and helped Lory out of it as well.

"Ok... alright... he's gotta be dead now right?" he asked. "No one could survive that, it's impossible!"

It took a few seconds for her to realize that she had remained a complete living being: bones, flesh and soul, all connected and surprisingly unscathed. She blinked a few times, pinched her arm and soon came back to her senses. She'd survived.

After inspecting the car and the bloody mess of the once recognizable Nick Goldhoof in it, Lory slowly backed away. "Y...You can say that again..." She responded, her voice still shaky and her skin tone, pale. "...I don't know about you, though, but I really don't feel like sticking around to find out." As she said that, she walked towards the closed gate that led to the outside. She attempted to lift it open, but to no end. She then began looking around the area for any sort of mechanism.

"How do we get this damned thing open?... C'mon, help me out."

@driz

Raze was about to help her, but suddenly, the car caught on fire. That only meant one thing.

"Shit!" he said, it's gonna blow!" He grabbed Lory and led her as far away from the vehicle as possible. What shocked him even more than the car fire, however, was what happened a few seconds later. 

Nick Goldhoof came out of the wreckage, bloody and on fire, though neither of those things seemed to bother him. He was grinning at them devilishly.

"Oh, BOY!" he shouted, slowly walking towards them. "You look what you done now, mothafuckah!" He then ran up to Raze before he had time to react, picking him up with both hands by the neck. The fire sizzled him, and he was struggling to break free.

"This isn't the end, you know!" he said to him, looking at him like a maniac, laughing evilly. Before he could do anything else, the car finally blew up behind him, forcing him to let go of Raze. Another explosion followed knocking all three of them down, but only leaving Nick unconscious.

Raze stared at his body for a few seconds, before wincing at the pain in his neck from being slightly burned in Nick's grab. He gently put a hand on his injuries. 

"Persistent motherfucker, ain't he?" he said, gritting his teeth in pain. "If he gets up again..."

Lory slowly lifted herself back up, aching all over. "Ugh... Enough is enough, man!" She said angrily. "Okay, NOW can we get out of here already?" After that, she turned to face Raze once more, inspecting his injuries. "Ah, crap... Do you have any more of the mint syrup on you, Ray-Ray? You might wanna use it."

@driz

Raze shook his head. "No... no I don't," he said. "Although there might be stuff here we can use..." He saw a metal locker behind him in the far left corner. He walked over to it an opened it. To his surprise, there were two bottles of the first aid liquid. 

"Speak of the devil," he said, taking one and pouring it over the burns. He could feel the pain going away quickly, and sighed in relief.

"Alright then," he said. Walking over to the other far left corner, he found a medium sized cardboard box and opened it, finding two 10 bullet clips, which he picked up. 

"These people really love scattering shit all over the place, huh..." he said. "That seems to be everything... well, let's find a--"

He looked down and saw he was standing over the cop's body. He sighed.

"Poor deputy..." he said, carefully stepping over the corpse. "He didn't know what he was getting himself into... just like us."

He walked over to Lory. "Before I forget..." he showed her the gun and the knife. "Take your pick. If we run into the other two... you're gonna need something to defend yourself."

Lory clicked her tongue. "He had it coming... If only he'd listened to us instead of doubting every word we said... But it is a bummer, after all. That was our one ticket to freedom, wasted." She looked away. In her view, there truly wasn't much they could've done to change the poor officer's fate. Nevertheless, she remained indifferent. If anything, she was thankful for getting to beat Goldhoof up a bit, and deep inside, she wanted to believe that he was dead for good. Optimism wasn't her forte, however.

Turning to face Raze and examining her options, she extended her hand towards the knife and grabbed it without too much thinking. "I don't do guns, Ray-Ray. A newborn kitten might be a better shot than me. Thanks for the offer, though." She giggled.

"So... What do we do now?"

@driz

"Now? We look for a way out of here..." Raze said to her, then spotted a ladder behind her. "That could be it. Come on." He began to make his way up, but was soon grabbed by his right shoulder. He quickly turned to see Nick, charred to a crisp, staring down on him. He grabbed Raze's right arm, which he held the gun in.

"Do I have your attention, boy? You're about to see somethin' wonderful." He then put the gun in his mouth and his finger on the trigger. He glared daggers at Raze and growled, then pulled the trigger. A huge chunk of the right side of his head had splattered everywhere, and he was knocked back by the shot, falling to the ground.

"FUCK!!!" Raze shouted as he stepped back in surprise. "Holy shit..." He took deep breaths to calm himself down. "Fuck this, come on!" He quickly began to climb up the ladder.