Brony Documentary

Jokuc

Is it just me who is hyped about this?

I really hope it will reach it's goal so we can have an awesome documentary.

What do you think? Are you hyped? Do you think it will happen?

It's on like $20.000 of $60.000 and there is only 5 days left..

• Brohoof 4

I really don't see the big deal with bronies to make a documentary about it.

But that might be just me?

And how long have this donation been open? Getting $40.000 is not an easy task in just 5 days.

(edited)

I'd probably only watch it, if I were in it :P ~

I watched a info 3-minute video about bronies and could hardly finish it

~

What?! I was watching a 40 min long video about bronies and I thought it was too short :P Edited by Jokuc

Wow, someone already pledged $10000. I admire the dedication but if I had that much money, I'm not sure I'd invest it in a documentary.

I'd invest it in a Pinkie Pie plushie.

Seriously speaking, Bronies seem to have surprisingly deep pockets.

Friendship is Money.

Bronies quite commonly fly to conventions in their Gulfstream jets, sipping on chocolate milk while bidding on Lauren Faust alicorn plushies.

• Brohoof 1

~

I'm going to be in it! I pledged $10 and the reward was getting my name in the credits, so if anypony wants to see me in it, look for "Elvis Strickland" among the hundreds of other names in the credits. And who knows, I'm going to BronyCon so I just might get caught in some of the footage.

Anyway, I like documentaries and I watched both of the 40+ minute long fan-made brony documentaries so I'm really looking forward to this.

• Brohoof 3

Meh people are still gonna hate Bronies when this comes out, not watching it.

I know I'm excited about this, and pledged $10 toward it. I can't believe how quickly money is coming in - after just over one day of it being up, it's over two-thirds funded :D.

~

You gotta remember this is being professionally produced. I wouldn't think it was some sloppy 15 year old with a flip asking questions. More of a production value if you can't see.

I know I'm excited about this, and pledged $10 toward it. I can't believe how quickly money is coming in - after just over one day of it being up, it's over two-thirds funded :D.

It was around $26,300 when I pledged earlier today. Now it's almost double that! At this rate, it'll reach it's goal in just 2 days! This fandom never ceases to amaze me!

I'd invest it in a Pinkie Pie plushie.

Seriously speaking, Bronies seem to have surprisingly deep pockets.

For ten thousand? I'd be investing in a Pinkie Pie plushie king-sized bed! Or maybe RD, since one could make wings out of blankets.

Anyway... ten thousand would be a worthy investment if this were actually an investment. If they sent back a percentage of the profits, I'd have no problem with sending them money. but ten thousand just to see one documentary, it's just not worth the returns.

Meh people are still gonna hate Bronies when this comes out, not watching it.

Yep, but it's not meant to change their minds; it's to balance out the negative media coverage on bronies, thus giving people unaware of the fandom the perspective of both sides.

I'd be interested if it was made by a guy who doesn't have any "bias" towards any sides. If there was to be a documentary, I'd want to see about the good AND the bad ;)

A thousand times this. It's probably not gonna happen, sadly. I asked the producer to be a little more neutral and gave some valid points why many people hate us. He only replied with a thank you. I don't think he read my message at all.

I wonder how well this will do in comparisson to Ballad of the Brony, because that one was quite good and I would praise anything that could top it.

That was the one I watched, it was really nice ^^

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

An important part of this doco that hasn't been mentioned is that John de Lancie is a part of it and will star in it as well.

Also it reached it's goal the other day, about 3 days after it started and there's still another couple of weeks until it ends.

Here's a few things that's been officially said about the film:

• The $10,000 backer has been talked with and is real and wishes to say anonymous.
  • The film will be feature length and will go for 90 to 120 minutes and should be ready to release sometime towards the end of September.
  • Once finished that they will focus to get the program sent out to the people who supported the project. There will be a public release, but it will happen later in the process.
At time of posting the current total stands at $68,616 with 869 backers. Edited by Dave247
  • Brohoof 3