Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If You Could Change the Mlp Show, what Would You Change?

FemaleIntrovert1995

(edited)

I would want Twlight to live way longer than her friends. She is the princess of friendship. The longer she lives, the stronger it will become. But Spike will be by her side.

I would change their "rainbow power" appearances. I would tone down the colors. Their manes and tails should be normal, and not emphasized. 

Celestia would be Queen of day. Luna would be Queen of night. Both of them would take title of Queen. 

Queen Chrysalis should have multiple bug-pony forms. It would just be cool.

Daring Do would remain fiction within their universe.

King Sombra would have more screen time, and character development.

Flurryheart would be a unicorn and a colt. 

Newborn foal abilities would be on the low.  Their tiny wings won't be able to carry them. Their magic would remain dormant until they are 3 years old or older. 

Edited by FemaleIntrovert1995
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, FemaleIntrovert1995 said:

I would want Twlight to live way longer than her friends. She is the princess of friendship. The longer she lives, the stronger it will become. But Spike will be by her side.

I would change their "rainbow power" appearances. I would tone down the colors. Their manes and tails should be normal, and not emphasized. 

Celestia would be Queen of day. Luna would be Queen of night. Both of them would take title of Queen. 

Queen Chrysalis should have multiple bug-pony forms. It would just be cool.

Daring Do would remain fiction within their universe.

King Sombra would have more screen time, and character development.

Flurryheart would be a unicorn and a colt. 

Newborn foal abilities would be on the low.  Their tiny wings won't be able to carry them. Their magic would remain dormant until they are 3 years old or older. 

Starlight would be an alicorn. Spike would be a prince and get all da ladies. FlutterDash, TwiPie, RariJack, and Starxie would all be canon. And Spike would make Ember his wife(which is why he'd be a prince). Also alicorn and dragon lore would be explained. And we'd see Scoot's parents. 

19 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

Starlight would have been given an actually competently written backstory.

That's true of a lot of the characters though. Cadence for example.

(edited)

Startlight gets more screen time as Zecora/CMC,  she supposed to be a background or support character imo

Also, no more alicorn nerf

Edited by Compeador
  • Brohoof 1

Really, I just wish the show would explore darker, more mature concepts. If the writers continue to be unwilling to cover subjects such as death, they are going to start running out of decent storylines.

I would like to change the main character as Fluttershy and make her the alicorn instead of Twilight, that is all my opinion but Fluttershy deserves to become a Princess more than anyone and I would like to add a male character to mane 6 and a prince instead of a princess because lots of them are girls in the show and that does not provide gender equality to the fans at all. It is all my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

Starlight would have been given an actually competently written backstory.

I think her backstory is fine, abandonment issues are nothing to laugh at. I just want them to finally give her backstory the time it deserved instead of a thirty second cliff note. I'd also replace one of season six's worthless episodes with one where she and Twilight go back to her village so we can see her earning their forgiveness.

Its nature of merchandize driven series so it would get a proper satyifying ending like Gravity Falls and Penn Zero did....

I don't know. I originally thought of giving more character development to King Sombra, but the comics already did that. I sort of like the idea of Twilight discovering that she's immortal and that her friends aren't, but that wouldn't be allowed in a show that millions of children watch.

• Brohoof 1

On 2017-07-28 at 8:13 AM, Kings&Hooves14 said:

Really, I just wish the show would explore darker, more mature concepts. If the writers continue to be unwilling to cover subjects such as death, they are going to start running out of decent storylines.

There are millions of possible storylines which don't involve death.

Anyway, I would:

Never have Twilight become an alicorn princess, or at the very least, explore Twilight's reactions to becoming a princess in way, way more detail. And actually give a good reason why she specifically became a princess as well. 

Make the Wonderbolts resemble traveling performers more than a military unit. 

Give Cadance more screen time and some interesting stories. 

Give Starlight a funnier personality.

Remove most of the references to predestination, so the mane six are only where they are either because of chance or because of hard work. 

Make non-pony species distinct cultures rather than stand-ins for negative personality traits, and in turn make it so they don't need ponies to teach them friendship. 

And I guess other small things, but these are some of the big ones. 

• Brohoof 2

One thing I would do is make Tirek a bit more of a sympathetic villain, explain his disdain for Friendship, and his own personal fears that lead him down this dark path.  Make him more of a polar opposite antagonist of his G1 counterpart.

• Brohoof 1

Better backstory for Starlight and longer reformation. Keeping the same Mane. 

Less Mane 6.

Celestia and Luna be Queens.

Chrysalis reformed at the end of S6, but not fully. 

King Sombra with more personality and characterization.

Sunset be in Equestria for an episode or 2.

More screentime for princesses.

Pinkie be less annoying.

Trixie to have more backstory, and her parents to be shown. 

More world building. 

Edited by Radience
  • Brohoof 1