Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The ponies names sound like stripper names?

Azureth

So I was joking with my roommate about when I have a kid if it's a girl I'd name it after Rarity and he said "That's horrible, it sounds like the name of a stripper". I then mentioned a few others such as Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Cheerilee to name a few and he said they all sound like stripper names. I guess I can kind of see his point. What do you think?

• Brohoof 1

Yeah it just seems like they are good nicknames for stripers when you look at it with the right mindset but still the names are also extremely creative and probably that would be the reason behind it. Though there are a couple of extremely creative pony names that wouldn't at all suit striper nicknames like the name of my OC Techno Universal is a nickname that would just sound horrible for a striper! :)

• Brohoof 1

This just made me had a thought.

If regular MLP names like Twilight Sparkle already sound like stripper names, what would an actual stripper pony's name be?

Like would it have to be pretty blatant, or would they just blend in with everyone else's names?

Edited by cmarston1

1 minute ago, Once In A Blue Moon said:

Much like they blend in with the other ponies who have taken their clothes off.

lol your right. Pretty much every pony in the show already is a stripper (having no clothes already), so the names are kind of justified XD. lolz

To be honest I never paid attention to that kind of thing but now that you mention it, some of them kind of do sound a bit stripper-ish and that makes me snicker. :lol:

1 hour ago, Once In A Blue Moon said:

Much like they blend in with the other ponies who have taken their clothes off.

I've seen a number of fanfics mentioning "Dressage" clubs, where ponies slowly put on clothes to music.

It's great because the joke works on several different levels.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know about the others, but Twilight Sparkle and Starlight Glimmer are most definitely stripper names. If they aren't being used by a stripper right now, they will at some point.

I'll just say the first thing that came to my mind after reading this:

"That roommate of theirs must have a 'bit' of a dirty mind."

I mean, never in my entire life have I thought of this connection, and even after hearing this, I don't go "Hey you know what, why I didn't notice this earlier?". I go:

Terry-Crews-WTF.gif

I'm wondering what they were thinking about when you were having that conversation with them :please:

• Brohoof 1