Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Power Rangers - MLP Style! OOC (Reboot)

Lektra Bolt

Yea but then I was thinking we're mainly ponies and bipedal isn't that common, so I'm not really sure it's a good idea. On the other hoof we don't really have enough parts for more, so bipedal with hooves probably makes more sense

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

The less ponylike it looks, the more mystifying it will be to all of equestria. 

That's the problem exactly. I don't really think less ponylike is feasable, given that we're all ponies. Gee, did anyone catch that players could be other species? Hello Griffins, where are you? Lol nevermind. Anyway we're all in agreement about bipedal with hooves? @Drago Ryder@Denim&Venom@Acnologia and@TBD @TBDfiguring out the final combining details?

(Sorry I can't remove that extra, code editing not being available on the new forum)

Edited by Lektra Bolt

24 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Yup that's how it's gonna be, as is standard. Each is an animal that then becomes part of the Megazord. Mine is heavily damaged and I'm out of commission for a while to conduct repairs. It's not really all that fair to have an Extra Ranger active from the start, and I needed a reason why everything wasn't going to heck yet previously, so I came up with this. That I had been fighting, but I can't anymore.

Anyway Dawn has a Dragon, Clayton has a Wedndigo, and actually I'm not sure what Denim was going to have. It was between Timberwolf or Manticore. Denim?

Right now it's a 3 piece configuration like the 3 piece starting seasons. How are we combining these, guys? @Denim&Venom@Acnologia@Drago Ryder

Alright awesome, so here is the transformed version which is just the wings. I figure I keep the wings' design the same. But are you okay with the full phoenix looks of the zord despite for it being broken. we can use that design for future references. 

also I'm giving you two option on the center piece design. Would like the option 1 with the phoenix's head tucked in? or option 2 just have the pyramid shown. Also the front size is just in  a perspective when you are looking at the megazords face to face. so that's why there isnt much details. unless you want me to?

And when i add colors to it,   I will try to make it rusty and used up, just as you mention. Let me know what you think!

Scan 5.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, TBD said:

Alright awesome, so here is the transformed version which is just the wings. I figure I keep the wings' design the same. But are you okay with the full phoenix looks of the zord despite for it being broken. we can use that design for future references. 

also I'm giving you two option on the center piece design. Would like the option 1 with the phoenix's head tucked in? or option 2 just have the pyramid shown. Also the front size is just in  a perspective when you are looking at the megazords face to face. so that's why there isnt much details. unless you want me to?

And when i add colors to it,   I will try to make it rusty and used up, just as you mention. Let me know what you think!

Scan 5.jpeg

Phoenix face tucked in please, so it's still visible. No need to make it rusty or damaged, since when it shows up again in a couple of episodes it'll be good as new

• Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Ok let's do that! What do you think makes more sense @TBD?

I'm doing wings, we're good on wings. Did you guys wanna do bi or quad?

I think that would be a good idea and since we have a lot of different species, that would be enough room for my creativity! 

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Phoenix face tucked in please, so it's still visible. No need to make it rusty or damaged, since when it shows up again in a couple of episodes it'll be good as new

alright i will get started with the final draft then, it might look slightly different but it would be in a good way;) and i will also get started with the other zords and the megazord.

• Brohoof 1

That's the problem exactly. I don't really think less ponylike is feasable, given that we're all ponies. Gee, did anyone catch that players could be other species? Hello Griffins, where are you? Lol nevermind. Anyway we're all in agreement about @TBDbipedal? @Drago Ryder@Denim&Venom@Acnologia and @TBDfiguring out the final combining details?

Thing is, I don't think it's as uncommon as we think. thanks to the move, we now have bipedal cats, birdfolk, hedgehog badgers, and storm troopers in addition to minotaur, diamond dogs and dragons. 

The megazord is only vaguely humanoid. Plenty of humanoid aliens in the show. Megazord wouldn't be too dissimilar from them.

Besides, bipedal works in a practical sense. If we're on our hooves facing a taller enemy, what will we do? Stand up regardless. 

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

Thing is, I don't think it's as uncommon as we think. thanks to the move, we now have bipedal cats, birdfolk, hedgehog badgers, and storm troopers in addition to minotaur, diamond dogs and dragons. 

The megazord is only vaguely humanoid. Plenty of humanoid aliens in the show. Megazord wouldn't be too dissimilar from them.

Besides, bipedal works in a practical sense. If we're on our hooves facing a taller enemy, what will we do? Stand up regardless. 

Hadn't thought of that last bit. Ok you're absolutely right!

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

That what I have in mind too, beside it won't be too much of a human-ish look"  Take ember the dragon body as example. so it's not like we are moving away from animals and toward "human" 

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
13 minutes ago, TBD said:

any ideas on the suit design? 

Not really, but Lektra will be using her Magitek Combat Armor v4.2 powered armor as her transformation, since it makes sense that Extra Rangers are a bit cooler looking.

Spoiler

LektraArmorPlus.png

You can see Sparky tucked in the back there, providing gliding wings and just making it look cool. I figure everyone is similar-ish? It's not spandex but like actual practical armor. Luster will get an extra form as has been Red tradition, and everyone besides me (For now, might change that depending on what happens) gets Super and Ultra forms. I think everyone should get Ultra forms, but this might count as my Super already

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

Just now, TBD said:

That what I have in mind too, beside it won't be too much of a human-ish look"  Take ember the dragon body as example. 

So two arms, two legs, a head and a torso. 

I think we're all takign humanoid a bit too literally. the main idea is that it stands on two legs and is proportioned as a human would be.  

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Not really, but Lektra will be using her Magitek Combat Armor v4.2 powered armor as her transformation, since it makes sense that Extra Rangers are a bit cooler looking.

Reveal hidden contents

LektraArmorPlus.png

You can see Sparky tucked in the back there, providing gliding wings and just making it look cool. I figure everyone is similar-ish? It's not spandex but like actual practical armor. Luster will get an extra form as has been Red tradition, and everyone besides me (For now, might change that depending on what happens) gets Super and Ultra forms. I think everyone should get Ultra forms, but this might count as my Super already

Okay, so i'm guessing all will look like Lektra's except a little less detailed and  heavily armored right? sorta  like a simpler ones in the PR movie. 

And I forgot to tell you but i guess I should massage you about Rand's plan.

Spoiler

Also he suggested that ivory Gust should undergo a different name to cover up his real name, what do you think?

@Denim&Venom @Drago Ryder @Acnologia

Okay guys so just to summary the megazord..

Lektra: Gold Phoenix  (wings)

Luster: Red Manticore (Torso)

Clayton: blue Windigo (Legs)

Dawn: white dragon (arms, one is a head and other is the tails)

So who will be the head?

@Lektra Bolt So Here's lektra's Phoenix golden Zord (wing) transformed  

Let me know what you think Lektra! do you like the colors? I thought i would add some orange,  but if you like all good instead let me know!

wings.png

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 2

34 minutes ago, TBD said:

@Lektra Bolt So Here's lektra's Phoenix golden Zord (wing) transformed  

Let me know what you think Lektra! do you like the colors? I thought i would add some orange,  but if you like all good instead let me know!

wings.png

WOW you've got major talent here bud! Have you considered signing up for a commission shop on the forums? As for the colors I'm not really sure. Did Pyramidas the Golden Pyramid Zord have that much red in it? Is that reflection and shadow? Seriously awesome

• Brohoof 1

WOW you've got major talent here bud! Have you considered signing up for a commission shop on the forums? As for the colors I'm not really sure. Did Pyramidas the Golden Pyramid Zord have that much red in it? Is that reflection and shadow? Seriously awesome

Thanks glad you like it! Eh well, I haven't thought of opening a comission, figure it's too soon for that xp even though i grew up drawing xp

Its actually dark red-orange but same different right? xp, but the golden pyramid is all gold colors. I figure since this is a phoenix I thought I might add dark red-orange because the phoenix is reddish/orangish.  But if you would like it all gold i can do that, it wont be problem. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
11 minutes ago, TBD said:

Thanks glad you like it! Eh well, I haven't thought of opening a comission, figure it's too soon for that xp even though i grew up drawing xp

Its actually dark red-orange but same different right? xp, but the golden pyramid is all gold colors. I figure since this is a phoenix I thought I might add dark red-orange because the phoenix is reddish/orangish.  But if you would like it all gold i can do that, it wont be problem. 

No no you're right I wasn't thinking. We need some light red in there, it's perfect.

@Denim&Venom @Drago Ryder @Acnologia @TBD@Randimaxis So guys we should decide who makes the head of the Megazord. Can't be me, I'm just adding wings and it won't be for a while even. Since Dragon is attaching as a spiked tail with a left normal arm-claw and a right head-arm, I guess it's between Manticore torso and possibly a part of the Wendigo popping off before becoming hoovved legs and that part becoming a head. Would be easier with more players, but if we need to reconfigure later we'll do that

Edited by Lektra Bolt

No no you're right I wasn't thinking. We need some light red in there, it's perfect.

@Denim&Venom @Drago Ryder @Acnologia @TBD@Randimaxis So guys we should decide who makes the head of the Megazord. Can't be me, I'm just adding wings and it won't be for a while even. Since Dragon is attaching as a spiked tail and a head-arm, I guess it's between Manticore torso and possibly a part of the Wendigo popping off before becoming legs and that part becoming a head. Would be easier with more players, but if we need to reconfigure later we'll do that

I'm thinking part of the dragon zord should be the head. We could use the windego head, but I was thinking that should be made into a weapon like a lance or a spear. 

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I'm thinking part of the dragon zord should be the head. We could use the windego head, but I was thinking that should be made into a weapon like a lance or a spear. 

Wouldn't be lose the dragon's ability to breathe mana-powered flame from the head-hand? Sounds like a great weapon, just saying

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Wouldn't be lose the dragon's ability to breathe mana-powered flame from the hand? Sounds like a great weapon, just saying

No, the dragon arm stays, but like, the head woudl essentially come out of the dragons back. I'm thinking the dragon should stretch in the middle, turning the zord into like two big shoulder pads and arms, and the head comes out between them. 

1 minute ago, Denim&Venom said:

No, the dragon arm stays, but like, the head woudl essentially come out of the dragons back. I'm thinking the dragon should stretch in the middle, turning the zord into like two big shoulder pads and arms, and the head comes out between them. 

So like that dark Wild Force zord you linked that had the Crocodile on the torso, we have the Dragon head on the torso to bite and do beam attacks. Still missing an actual Megazord head though

2 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

So like that dark Wild Force zord you linked that had the Crocodile on the torso, we have the Dragon head on the torso to bite and do beam attacks. Still missing an actual Megazord head though

No, not that either. Here's what I'm thinking. windego folds out to become the legs. Manticore becomes the torso, and the lion head does the bits and beam attacks. The dragon will lay on top side ways, the tail and head becoming arms. But the torso stretches in the middle, forming a gap where the head can be. 

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

No, not that either. Here's what I'm thinking. windego folds out to become the legs. Manticore becomes the torso, and the lion head does the bits and beam attacks. The dragon will lay on top side ways, the tail and head becoming arms. But the torso stretches in the middle, forming a gap where the head can be. 

So you've got the Manticore Lion head popping off and becoming the Megazord head, above the sideways Dragon that became a spiked tail arm and a biting head arm. Am I getting this right?

The Wendigo becomes hips and hooved feet

Edited by Lektra Bolt

So you've got the Manticore Lion head popping off and becoming the Megazord head, above the sideways Dragon that became a spiked tail arm and a biting head arm. Am I getting this right?

Nope. Manticore head stays on the torso. The megazord head will pop out when the dragon stretches/ splits in the middle. 

4 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Nope. Manticore head stays on the torso. The megazord head will pop out when the dragon stretches/ splits in the middle. 

So the Megazord will just grow a head from a headless torso like some do in the show, but none of the actual other Zord heads become the head. Please tell me I got this right