Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Power Rangers - MLP Style! OOC (Reboot)

Lektra Bolt

3 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I was thinking she would provide guidance and magical macguffins, but I'm ok with this way also, as giving up is very OOC for her. And yea Lektra wouldn't allow meddling with Luster at all. I trust you can run that story reasonably without compromising everyone's ability to save the world.

Expect Lektra to play the group off at first as just an innocent Twilight Fan Club, at least trying to keep everyone's secret identity

Lol can we ever ship TwiLek? 

Maybe not compromise, but the plan is for Twilight to be an antagonist. Not necessarily a villain, but in literary terms, still an obstacle to our protagonists. Kinda like how that bird faced top brass dude was in SPD, when he suspended Doggie Kruger. 

And maybe? :P

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Maybe not compromise, but the plan is for Twilight to be an antagonist. Not necessarily a villain, but in literary terms, still an obstacle to our protagonists. Kinda like how that bird faced top brass dude was in SPD, when he suspended Doggie Kruger. 

And maybe? :P

Yea I like that reference and let's go with that. It's just that she doesn't have that kind of authority here. I guess she can ask to move the operation out of the castle at some point, completely falling on deaf ears.

Yay! :yay: 

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Yea I like that reference and let's go with that. It's just that she doesn't have that kind of authority here. I guess she can ask to move the operation out of the castle at some point, completely falling on deaf ears.

Yay! :yay: 

I dunno. You sure she won't have any sway over Lektra? If she's as much of a Twi fan filly as you say, wouldn't she at least feel conflicted over being told to shut it down, or turn cotnrol of the operation to Twi herself? 

(edited)
40 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I dunno. You sure she won't have any sway over Lektra? If she's as much of a Twi fan filly as you say, wouldn't she at least feel conflicted over being told to shut it down, or turn cotnrol of the operation to Twi herself? 

Lektra isn't that rabid and gives Twilight space though, unlike Star Tracker. No sway in this instance. That's where the difference in opinion is about Luster. Lektra treats Luster as her actual child who's learning, like she does with Sparky who's effectively her brother, while I'm sure Twilight would not feel the same to Luster. An experiment? Mostly failing.

She would heavily consider Twilight's opinion though 

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Lektra isn't that rabid and gives Twilight space though, unlike Star Tracker. No sway in this instance. That's where the difference in opinion is about Luster. Lektra treats Luster as her actual child who's learning, like she does with Sparky who's effectively her brother, while I'm sure Twilight would not feel the same to Luster. An experiment? Mostly failing 

Okay, so maybe we don't that inner conflict with Lektra. But I can still see Twi shutting down the operation, not wanting innocent ponies being risked or the solution to this invasion being so much violence. Cause the power rangers do effectively oppose her ideal of friendship being magic and might being right, even though when push comes to shove, Twi herself is pretty much an amazon. But the conflict could still be about Luster and Twi seeing Lektra using a weapon more dangerous than their enemy. 

And who is Star Tracker?

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Okay, so maybe we don't that inner conflict with Lektra. But I can still see Twi shutting down the operation, not wanting innocent ponies being risked or the solution to this invasion being so much violence. Cause the power rangers do effectively oppose her ideal of friendship being magic and might being right, even though when push comes to shove, Twi herself is pretty much an amazon. But the conflict could still be about Luster and Twi seeing Lektra using a weapon more dangerous than their enemy. 

And who is Star Tracker?

All that would happen is Lektra would just move it out the castle if she nags too much. Twilight ain't paying for it nor doing the work, and she's already tried her methods which didn't work out. I would rather we don't get into a conflict of who knows better how to deal with this threat, as the idea is to have OCs shine, which is why it was important that the canon characters tried and already failed. Do you really think she would not like to be a mentor in these endeavors and support the one who loves her? Friendship can be used productively here.

Might makes right is more of what we're doing here, as fighting in this capacity isn't usually done much. What's more dangerous than their enemy?

For Star Tracker you need to watch Once Upon a Zeppelin. The wrong way to be Twilight's fan

Edited by Lektra Bolt

All that would happen is Lektra would just move it out the castle if she nags too much. Twilight ain't paying for it nor doing the work, and she's already tried her methods which didn't work out. I would rather we don't get into a conflict of who knows better how to deal with this threat, as the idea is to have OCs shine, which is why it was important that the canon characters tried and already failed. Do you really think she would not like to be a mentor in these endeavors and support the one who loves her? Friendship can be used productively here.

Might makes right is more of what we're doing here, as fighting in this capacity isn't usually done much. What's more dangerous than their enemy?

For Star Tracker you need to watch Once Upon a Zeppelin. The wrong way to be Twilight's fan.

Oh it's a new episode. Yeah I'm a little behind. 

No, the spotlight won't be stolen. The OCs will shine, but they do need a reason to shine. Overcoming the hurdles that Twi puts in front of them, even unintentionally. And I'd imagine that once Lektra and thew other rangers prove themselves, Twi will accept their efforts and help in whatever way she can. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Oh it's a new episode. Yeah I'm a little behind. 

No, the spotlight won't be stolen. The OCs will shine, but they do need a reason to shine. Overcoming the hurdles that Twi puts in front of them, even unintentionally. And I'd imagine that once Lektra and thew other rangers prove themselves, Twi will accept their efforts and help in whatever way she can. 

Yea new episode. One of my favorites now since I saw it, but I really feel everyone was too rabid filly in that episode. Lektra would probably feel tame and adult in comparison to them. I was so embarrassed at how the fans were written, it was almost criminal. When not working she stalks the Manes, but she's not crazy about it and does it without invasion of privacy. Obfuscation spell lol. Thanks for the name @Randimaxis

So yea we'll work towards that and proving it to her, but I don't wanna have it escalate too much where the we'll need a change of venue.

4 minutes ago, Drago Ryder said:

Just realized something... do the rangers get governmental recognition. If not, then they're essentially vigilantes.

Yup. No recognition. Masked vigilantes and privately funded, like Operation Overdrive. I think besides Light Speed Rescue, that's always been the case

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Just now, Lektra Bolt said:

Yea new episode. One of my favorites now since I saw it, but I really feel everyone was too rabid filly in that episode. Lektra would probably feel tame and adult in comparison to them. I was so embarrassed at how the fans were written, it as almost criminal. When not working she stalks the Manes, but she's not crazy about it and does it without invasion of privacy. Obfuscation spell lol. Thanks for the name @Randimaxis

So yea we'll work towards and proving it to her, but I don't wanna have it escalate too much where the we'll need a change of venue.

Nah. No change of venue till the final battle where the castle is destroyed, as is ranger tradition. 

4 minutes ago, Drago Ryder said:

Just realized something... do the rangers get governmental recognition. If not, then they're essentially vigilantes.

Depends on the ranger squad. Lost In Space, Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force and SPD are all government. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Nah. No change of venue till the final battle where the castle is destroyed, as is ranger tradition. 

Depends on the ranger squad. Lost In Space, Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force and SPD are all government. 

Oh yea that. I'm sure the tree would restore it good as new like nothing was ever wrong later, though. Because magic. And yea all of those were government funded. Sorry I forgot about the others.

Lost Galaxy BTW

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Oh yea that. I'm sure the tree would restore it good as new like nothing was ever wrong later, though. Because magic. And yea all of those were government funded. Sorry I forgot about the others.

Lost Galaxy BTW

Right. I knew there was a lost and soemthign space related about it.

Anyways, what are we waiting on RP wise. Cause I'd like to launch our rangers first mission. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Denim&Venom said:

Right. I knew there was a lost and soemthign space related about it.

Anyways, what are we waiting on RP wise. Cause I'd like to launch our rangers first mission. 

Me actually. I'm not home right now sorry. I was thinking some training in a Danger Room like X-Men 

Me actually. I'm not home right now sorry. I was thinking some training in a Danger Room like X-Men 

I think a danger room spot should probably be saved for a later episode. Maybe it'll be for issues with team work, or controlling powers, or the drills being too harsh, or civilian life getting in the way. Besides, since when did the rangers ever start with training? 

A mission from outta nowhere shows that evil can strike at any time, and have the rangers run before they can walk. Plus, it's a good opritunity for our big bads to crash the party and show who the real villains are. 

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I think a danger room spot should probably be saved for a later episode. Maybe it'll be for issues with team work, or controlling powers, or the drills being too harsh, or civilian life getting in the way. Besides, since when did the rangers ever start with training? 

A mission from outta nowhere shows that evil can strike at any time, and have the rangers run before they can walk. Plus, it's a good opritunity for our big bads to crash the party and show who the real villains are. 

You're right, it's always thrusting into battle and instantly knowing how everything works, even in the first season they mentioned they suddenly know what to do. I have always seen that as unrealistic though. In the real world rushing into a war with no training is how people die, but this is not soldiers and they have command of their built in ability like magic and Clayton's unnatural racial strength factor. We'll get to Ranger Powers after the first battle when the ability to work as a team is tested.

I'll wrap up this thread of power endowment when I get home, and maybe you can have Spike notice the Command Center now before I post? Or Twilight does when she senses a nearby high magic activity when they transform for the first time?

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

You're right, it's always thrusting into battle and instantly knowing how everything works, even in the first season they mentioned they suddenly know what to do. I have always seen that as unrealistic though. In the real world rushing into a war with no training is how people die, but this is not soldiers and they have command of their built in ability like magic and Clayton's unnatural racial strength factor. We'll get to Ranger Powers after the first battle when the ability to work as a team is tested.

I'll wrap up this thread of power endowment when I get home, and maybe you can have Spike notice the Command Center now before I post? Or Twilight does when she sees a nearby high magic activity when they transform for the first time?

I think we have to establish spike first before we have him discover things. I'd wait a few episodes. 

Twi would probably notice the battle and the aftermath and ask Lektra about it, maybe suspecting her involvement? 

But then again, the battle will probably feature the debut of the zords. How will she not notice? 

Edited by Denim&Venom

@Lektra Bolt

Speaking of which, I also had an idea for the relative appearance of Dawn's zord. Considering the diversity of such things when it comes to dragons, both in mythology and in the show. it'd make sense that I'd look a bit different to different people. Of course, it wouldn't have all of the organic bits. but this should give a good idea on what I had in mind.

Image result for valfalk

Edited by Drago Ryder
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I think we have to establish spike first before we have him discover things. I'd wait a few episodes. 

Twi would probably notice the battle and the aftermath and ask Lektra about it, maybe suspecting her involvement? 

But then again, the battle will probably feature the debut of the zords. How will she not notice? 

Now might be better since I'm sure he hangs around the castle a lot, especially lately, but up to you. I feel now would be the best time to bring them into the know, but again up to you.

There's no such thing as suspending her involvement. We've been over this. Lektra is running the operation, even if she's out of commission for a a couple of episodes. Attempting to suspend her involvement maybe, but that would mean the money and Magitek goes with her. That's not feasible and would immediately prompt a change of venue

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Now might be better since I'm sure he hangs around the castle a lot, especially lately, but up to you.

There's no such thing as suspending her involvement. We've been over this. Lektra is running the operation, even if she's out of commission for a a couple of episode. Attempting to suspend her involvement maybe, but that would mean the money and Magitek goes with her. That's not feasible and would immediately prompt a change of venue

Suspect her involvement, not suspend. 

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

Suspect her involvement, not suspend. 

Oh right sorry, yea then there would be awkward questions. Fun!

But that's kinda what I meant. The battle will have the Zords activate out of a compartment in the castle and possibly collateral damage after. It's just safer and less hectic to have it be noticed now

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Maybe she can still suspend you on the basis of not paying rent or something. 

Lol even if that wasn't out of character for her with how many spare rooms there are in the castle, not being such an ass, and not being that financial minded, like I said it would just prompt us to move. Let's not, ok?

The noticing is better done now, as after there will be collateral damage around and it's kinda hard to hide a part of the castle shooting out some lights that turn into gigantic behemoths

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Lol even if that wasn't out of character for her with how many spare rooms there are in the castle, not being such an ass, and not being that financial minded, like I said it would just prompt us to move. Let's not, ok?

The noticing is better done now, as after there will be collateral damage around after and it's kinda hard to hide a part of the castle shooting out some lights that turn into gigantic behemoths

About that. Where are our zords coming from? Are they built like in Lost Galazy, Lightspeed, Ninja Storm and SPD or are they ancient magic constructs connected to the morphing grid like most zords?

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

About that. Where are our zords coming from? Are they built like in Lost Galazy, Lightspeed, Ninja Storm and SPD or are they ancient magic constructs connected to the morphing grid like most zords?

Kinda a mix. I've decided they're constructed for us in the Grid, not so much ancient as just what's needed, but have to occasionally be pulled out for repairs, as passive recovery inside the Grid might take too long sometimes. The Gold Phoenix Zord is heavily damaged and needs a lot repairs. I felt that if we have to do our own constructing with the Grid just providing a blueprint and not being able to predict what each player gets, the first battle and possibly a couple others wouldn't feature them and that's not all that fun.

Basically I can't have previously built exactly the right ones that Dawn and Clayton should get, and anyone joining later would be without one if it has to be built. I felt this way would be more fun and less staying out of the action. Don't want players to feel useless, you know?

They pop out of the top of the castle as light and spawn into battle, which would be impossible for Twilight to miss, which is why I'm suggesting the discovery happen before the first mission. The question and answer session would be more fun to do now, at least IMHO 

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1