Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Power Rangers - MLP Style! OOC (Reboot)

Lektra Bolt

35 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Need something here lol

Thought you'd join the castle meeting later and instead do that fun thing you were planning?

Please follow the format though? Character profile link, time of day, location

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Thought you'd join the castle meeting later and instead do that fun thing you were planning?

Please follow the format though? Character profile link, time of day, location

Oh that'll be coming later. She's just there to shed some perspective on the situation, and maybe make Lektra second guess herself. She may attend the meeting, though not in pony. She'll be watching and comment on everything before setting up the first 'tests.'

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Oh that'll be coming later. She's just there to shed some perspective on the situation, and maybe make Lektra second guess herself. She may attend the meeting, though not in pony. She'll be watching and comment on everything before setting up the first 'tests.'

Sounds good.

Just so we're on the same page, we are closer to Mystic Force where everything comes from. What we IRL refer to as 'technology' doesn't exist. That's the core premise of Magitek. From simple things like the fridge the Apples have to more complicated stuff. It's all very close to canon and I'm filling in the big blank the writers refuse to fill.

I am explaining where all that comes from, including the weapons Luster is bringing up and Luster herself

Edited by Lektra Bolt

39 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Sounds good.

Just so we're on the same page, we are closer to Mystic Force where everything comes from. What we IRL refer to as 'technology' doesn't exist. That's the core premise of Magitek. From simple things like the fridge the Apples have to more complicated stuff. It's all very close to canon and I'm filling in the big blank the writers refuse to fill.

I am explaining where all that comes from, including the weapons Luster is bringing up and Luster herself

So going the Marvel route of explaining magic as a highly advanced science, but in reverse.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

So going the Marvel route of explaining magic as a highly advanced science, but in reverse.

Yea. This exactly. Unicorn Magic is explaining all the scientific tech in Equestria as spells and enchanting, and Bolt Solutions in no way claims to be the only supplier or having a monopoly. Just the biggest.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology. Very in keeping with Canon and doesn't break anything

Edited by Lektra Bolt

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Yea. This exactly. Unicorn Magic is explaining all the scientific tech in Equestria as spells and enchanting, and Bolt Solutions in no way claims to be the only supplier or having a monopoly. Just the biggest

That could go a few ways storyline wise. Bolt solutions doing thigns with magic that have never been doen before. 

Ponies be all looking at her prowess going "What kind of science craft is this?" It's an interesting prospect. the idea of something being achieved through non magical means being seen as bewildering and fantastical. 

Also, on a separate note, we need a name for our Power Rangers team/series. 

• Brohoof 1

So for the first episode, (and I read your introduction as you mentioned me),  me and Rand have to  pause for now since Denim have plans to filled the bad guy role right?

3 minutes ago, TBD said:

So for the first episode, (and I read your introduction as you mentioned me),  me and Rand have to  pause for now since Denim have plans to filled the bad guy role right?

You'll have to pause cause we've had zero input from Rand during this discussion. That is if you want to continue being a lieutenant to his big bad. I'm just the intro villain to put the team through their paces.  

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Denim&Venom said:

You'll have to pause cause we've had zero input from Rand during this discussion. That is if you want to continue being a lieutenant to his big bad. I'm just the intro villain to put the team through their paces.  

alright sound good I will just read what you guys wrote over the time,  just to keep up with the story.

(edited)
29 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

That could go a few ways storyline wise. Bolt solutions doing thigns with magic that have never been doen before. 

Ponies be all looking at her prowess going "What kind of science craft is this?" It's an interesting prospect. the idea of something being achieved through non magical means being seen as bewildering and fantastical. 

Also, on a separate note, we need a name for our Power Rangers team/series. 

You've got the idea now! Great! 

I've been calling it by the first USA series, but the title is tentative and easily changed

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

You've got the idea now! Great! 

I've been calling it by the first USA series, but the title is tentative and easily changed

Well we can be more original than that.

How about, Power Rangers: Heroes Of Harmony. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Drago Ryder said:

To be honest, I don't know where to start. Any suggestions?

Very in style of the first season of PR, you and @Acnologia have been pulled from where you were before and taken to the Command Center, like the original five were in Mighty Morphin.

I felt it was fitting and sets up the players in a way that they're not lost at the start, since we're having a slow start.

Is that not acceptable?

Edited by Lektra Bolt

No, that's fine. I just thought we would start in someplace other than a lab. I'll see what I can do. I assume Dawn is a civilian that was teleported there?

Edited by Drago Ryder
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Drago Ryder said:

No, that's fine. I just thought we would start in someplace other than a lab. I'll see what I can do. I assume Dawn is a civilian that was teleported there?

Oh OK, thought you might want to do something else.

Yes but she should have some idea of what's going on, just that she applied to help save the world. Just not the how or why. I don't wanna do the confused civilian thing, it's been done too much.

We'll be moving out of there soon for some Sol and other things, as @Randimaxisdoesn't seem fully ready yet.

Not really a lab though. If you wanna get an idea of what it looks like watch the first episode of the first season. Just replace everything technology with magical and you should have an idea. I'll get a description up when @Acnologiaposts 

Edited by Lektra Bolt

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

@Lektra Bolt

Wait. The recruits are in with us? That's gonna make the whole last post a bit awkward. 

Yup they are, in the room in front of Sparky. You just told them as well that everyone is doomed........

Edited by Lektra Bolt

2 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

@Drago Ryder @Denim&Venom please guys, get into the habit and use the location format. It will become important when we're running missions in different locations.

Just waiting for @Acnologiato post now, don't want to move too far

there's not much of a point to tagging every post w/ our location when we haven't even left the room yet. 

56 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

OMG that intro post was HAARDDDD,

you really nailed it! Definitely got the power ranger vibe from it:smug:

can't wait to be part of it xp

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1