Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

9 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Your Argument is invalid

I wouldn't think so. I actually think I presented a fair argument that I want to see a RariTwi episode. It's pretty easy. I just have to say, 'I want a RariTwi' episode. 

And I'm in Florida. If I take one step to the north I'm closer than my daughter is to Pennsylvania ... but I'm not in Pennsylvania and shouldn't say as much. Similarly, if I take such a step and then say, "I want to be in Pennsylvania already" ... and my kid says "You were already in Pennsylvania" ... she misses the entire point. So two ways to look at that through a fun little analogy. 

It's fair that you define co-staring one way, but don't make the assumption that I define it that way. That's a bit presumptuous. 

Also I want to see Babs pop up again. Add that to my wish list. 

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, DonMaguz said:

Ideas I'd like to see in any of the following seasons:

- Earth Pony Villain (as in season premiere/finale villain).
- CMC + SS&DT graduation day.

Ideas I like for Season 8 which have already been suggested:

- SugarMac progress.
- Lightning Dust's return.
- End of Sparity.
- Spike's origin.

An earth pony villain is indeed a great idea, but it won't. 1. Because it isn't threatning enough and 2. Because the villains already are announced.

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

Also I want to see Babs pop up again. Add that to my wish list. 

Please no babs again. Can't stand her after her first episode. :orly:

7 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

Both, actually. I don't like the idea that the focus of the show will split from roughly 7 ponies, to potentially 13 now. I do like that they're all off discovering the world as of right now, but I don't know that their relevance should be as high as the mane6's. There's already a lot to iterate over, as well as new things.

That's not to say I think they should just disappear and never come back. It could be something similar to Luna's absence in season 2. Continuity!
Starswirl could become the court wizards at Canterlot. Mage Meadowbrook meets her descendant and potentially Zecora. Flash Magnus meets Shining Armor and teaches the new guard a thing or two. Daring Do could take Somnambula to where her village used to be and learn about its history. Mistmane could become an adviser to Princess Cadence and an important support figure to the Crystal Empire. Rockhoof is kind of my odd pony out since he and Applejack seem to be pretty rooted to their own characterizations, I don't really know what he'd be able to do in the present day.

All of that could be for a later season though. The spotlight feels pretty crowded as it is right now. I get the feeling they'll have some significance, but the pony dynamic is pretty great as it is and I'm cautious about essentially doubling its variables.

Fair points. I'm usually one that supports an interesting story angle over having a character used for the sake of doing so. I can certainly understand the apprehension with just inserting the Pillars with something interesting to bring to the table. I agree that there is enough on the table to handle a season without involving most of the Pillars. The three that most intrigue me are Starswirl, Stygian, and Flash. Mostly because of their chemistry with soecific characters. I actually would love to see Sunburst become Starswirl's apprentice, and that could be a fun way bringing Starswirl in -- but Sunburst already has a job so that may not be the greatest idea. The one that I really want to see is Stygian.  A solo appearance with Starlight doing the expected 'fish out of water' theme would be one since she seems to get along smashingly with the ex-antagonists. 

One thing I do expect and want to see is some references to them if they don't appear. Maybe Pinkie or Fluttershy write often. 

4 minutes ago, Hierok said:

An earth pony villain is indeed a great idea, but it won't. 1. Because it isn't threatning enough and 2. Because the villains already are announced.

I think that Earth Pony one comes up every so often as a wish list. As far as the returning villains ... who knows ... we could still get a third. Chrysalis ... then Tirek .... then mystery new villain that unites them.  

I have to keep my Grogar hopes alive somehow. 

• Brohoof 3

10 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I think that Earth Pony one comes up every so often as a wish list. As far as the returning villains ... who knows ... we could still get a third. Chrysalis ... then Tirek .... then mystery new villain that unites them.  

I have to keep my Grogar hopes alive somehow. 

I really hope Chrysalis joins Grogar. I wish Grogar is the one who corrupted Luna and Stygian. Also I hope that it was Discord who banished Grogar.

Edited by Hierok
  • Brohoof 3

I just want to say that I am highly in favor of having a real RariTwi episode in season 8. They're my two favorite ponies and I want to see them do something together.

And no, Sweet and Elite does not count.

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Celli said:

I just want to say that I am highly in favor of having a real RariTwi episode in season 8. They're my two favorite ponies and I want to see them do something together.

And no, Sweet and Elite does not count.

Maybe in a map episode? :ooh: 

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Celli said:

Yes! The question is, what would a Twilight Sparkle & Rarity episode be about conflict wise? :pout:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Yes! The question is, what would a Twilight Sparkle & Rarity episode be about conflict wise? :pout:

I'm not sure :wacko:

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Celli said:

I'm not sure :wacko:

I don't care, TBH.

I'd just like to see a RariTwi episode where it's just them on a friendship mission or something. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I don't care, TBH.

I'd just like to see a RariTwi  episode where it's just them on a friendship mission or something. 

I agree completely. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I just thought of something else! :D

I'd like Princess Celestia to be called away on a "map mission" like, how Starlight Glimmer & Spike 

were both summoned by the map.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

Things I would like to see :

1. A Follow-up to "Amending Fences"

2. A SpikexRarity Episode that finally answers The Sparity Question (and is like a love letter to fans/supporters of the pairing)

3. An Episode similar to the "Double O' Chipmunk" episode from Disney's Rescue Rangers (with Rainbow Dash in the Role that Gadget was in (the femme fatale) and with Spike in the inspiring Spy Role.

4. An Episode decaited to the "Guardians of Harmony" Line

5. A Cadance Centered Episode

6. Finally, A Follow-up to "Power Ponies"

Also I think the S7 finale (wither you enjoyed or not) gave us an idea of what Josh and Nicole has/have in store for us in this upcoming season.

As far as the Pillars go, I've been thinking, that something is being set up that will cause them to go back to their original timeline in history, maybe they start losing whatever power they have or like Mistmane did in her story, start to grow older and in this case, weaker because they're slowly losing their power, and the only to save them is to send them back to their own time.

Also I think somehow we will probably find out the that there is something more Darker than the POS, Tirek, Chrysalis , or any threat they've faced combined.

I also think that all 6, if not Mane 7/8 Will get a vision of what this NEW Threat is, and what they may have to do to stop it, which may be something silmiar to what The Pillars did a 1000 years before to contain the POS.

But those are just my theroies. Do you all agree?                

5 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I don't care, TBH.

I'd just like to see a RariTwi episode where it's just them on a friendship mission or something. 

Well, they're the only ones who's followed Spike in Gauntlet of Fire. Minus one potential for both of them on that.

8 hours ago, Hierok said:

I'm not betting anything on it happening, but I would definitely appreciate if it happens sometime.

1. Who says it wouldn't be? Good research and a pinch of creativity can do wonders to add any believable threat without butchering the established lore.

2. I'm not aware of those, and I did say that I would like the idea to be explored in any of the following seasons, no rush to see it in Season 8.

8 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'd like Princess Celestia to be called away on a "map mission" like, how Starlight Glimmer & Spike were both summoned by the map.

I can't imagine this in particular happening, but I'm behind the idea of Celestia actually doing something. Maybe the next time Equestria is in danger, the High Princess actually has a hoof in rescuing it instead of being either a hostage or liability for the elements or their friends to have to overcome.

8 hours ago, Hierok said:

Granted while point #2 is valid, I think an earth pony villain could be pulled off well enough to be threatening. Have a pony be smart enough to avoid being touched by magic and to be dangerous in some form. Granted there might be some tricky writing to make that work, but it should be possible.

6 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

Granted while point #2 is valid, I think an earth pony villain could be pulled off well enough to be threatening. Have a pony be smart enough to avoid being touched by magic and to be dangerous in some form. Granted there might be some tricky writing to make that work, but it should be possible.

I think the idea is that their racial 'talent' is underappreciated or underrepresented so people want to see earth ponies get a little love, but that could be an episode in itself. In season 5's finale Celestia said "Without earth ponies' strength to tend the land-' as if that was their lot in life. I don't know how to spin that into a threatening villain though. So I'm with the crowd of ponies wanting to see an earth pony antagonist, but more in that I'm curious how they'd do it. My best guess would be an earth pony mastermind behind a scheme that puts all of Equestria in peril or something.

But I also call hogwash on strength being their 'racial talent' because-

maxresdefault.jpg

- if it's something a pegasus can just work hard enough to reach, then it doesn't seem all that impactful. Earth ponies can't 'work hard enough' to fly or use magic.

Just now, Sunset Rose said:

I think the idea is that their racial 'talent' is underappreciated or underrepresented so people want to see earth ponies get a little love, but that could be an episode in itself. In season 5's finale Celestia said "Without earth ponies' strength to tend the land-' as if that was their lot in life. I don't know how to spin that into a threatening villain though. So I'm with the crowd of ponies wanting to see an earth pony antagonist, but more in that I'm curious how they'd do it. My best guess would be an earth pony mastermind behind a scheme that puts all of Equestria in peril or something.

But I also call hogwash on strength being their 'racial talent' because-

maxresdefault.jpg

But...but...Rainbow is...strong for a Pegasus... :P

Still, in regards to the 'lot in life' bit I could see an earth pony maybe spinning that to mean Celestia is purposefully holding back earth ponies to be nothing more than soil-tillers and heavy lifters; that they're destined to be something great and that pegasi and unicorns would bow down to them. Granted, that could be dialed back to maybe give the villain SOME sympathy, but...maybe.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

But...but...Rainbow is...strong for a Pegasus... :P

Still, in regards to the 'lot in life' bit I could see an earth pony maybe spinning that to mean Celestia is purposefully holding back earth ponies to be nothing more than soil-tillers and heavy lifters; that they're destined to be something great and that pegasi and unicorns would bow down to them. Granted, that could be dialed back to maybe give the villain SOME sympathy, but...maybe.

Yeah, that's just the thing though. It seems pretty far-fetched to weaponize agriculture or physical strength in a believable way against creatures that can fly and especially against the shenanigans that is magic.

I can see an episode being something like earth ponies feeling detached and underappreciated for their hard work like the working class in real life. They go on strike and nopony has anything to eat until snobby unicorns and haughty pegasi learn to appreciate earth ponies for what they do. 

What I can't see is how to make a villain out of that. >:

EDIT: UNLESS the earth ponies had a soothsaying ringleader that pied piper'd them into believing they were oppressed or- okay actually, I'll stop there. This feels way too real-life now.

Just now, Sunset Rose said:

Yeah, that's just the thing though. It seems pretty far-fetched to weaponize agriculture or physical strength in a believable way against creatures that can fly and especially against the shenanigans that is magic.

I can see an episode being something like earth ponies feeling detached and underappreciated for their hard work like the working class in real life. They strike and nobody has anything to eat until snobby unicorns and haughty pegasi learn to appreciate earth ponies for what they do. 

What I can't see is how to make a villain out of that. >:

The only way I can really see it working is that if there is one earth pony who specializes in a non-unicorn type magic (think Zecora's work with potions) who has the charisma to influence ponies to his side; whether or not he is right or wrong. However I can't imagine that working out too well unless his potion-based magic is enough to threaten or cancel out unicorn and alicorn magic...and Discord. XD

But agreed; even I'm struggling to find a way to make that work. :/

13 hours ago, DonMaguz said:

Ideas I'd like to see in any of the following seasons:

- Earth Pony Villain (as in season premiere/finale villain).
- CMC + SS&DT graduation day.

Ideas I like for Season 8 which have already been suggested:

- SugarMac progress.
- Lightning Dust's return.
- End of Sparity.
- Spike's origin.

- Time skip MAYBE

- CMC disbandment

- Scootaloo's parents being alive or dead

- Scootaloo able to fly

2 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

3 hours ago, DonMaguz said:

I'm not betting anything on it happening, but I would definitely appreciate if it happens sometime.

1. Who says it wouldn't be? Good research and a pinch of creativity can do wonders to add any believable threat without butchering the established lore.

2. I'm not aware of those, and I did say that I would like the idea to be explored in any of the following seasons, no rush to see it in Season 8.

Fair points. I think it will be great to see an earth villain, but the possibilities are limited. You have to make sure there can't be magic involved. Maybe they could pull of something like Chrysalis throne. I would enjoy a super smart villain. 

• Brohoof 2

I am new enough to MLP to not be sure of everything but it seems to me this castle of Twilight’s isn’t doing much and her role as princess is still unclear beyond spreading friendship.  

I want there to be development into how Twilight as a princess fits into the big picture of Equestria.  Her castle has no guards, she isn’t in charge of a  particular territory, and right now she seems to just be lost with little to do.  Can people petition her for favors as one normally does with royalty?  Does she have to settle diplomatic disputes?  Shouldn’t her castle be used for something more than just a map? What kind of big princess decisions does she need to make?  I would like to see the rest of the main 6 officially as her court (they have thrones after all, right?) and Celestia to give her official reign over some regions to ease the burden on Celestia and Luna (much like Cadence has the Chrystal Empire).

But again, I am new enough I don’t know how much sense this makes.

Edited by tazmy
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, MAIKUN said:

- Time skip MAYBE

- CMC disbandment

- Scootaloo's parents being alive or dead

- Scootaloo able to fly

I'm not too fond on the 'Time skip' idea, but I'd like to see regular time consequences. Specially new designs for the baby cakes and the CMC.

I would appreciate Scootaloo flying, but it would have to be a really well explained episode tackling Scootaloo's wings' slow development.

2 hours ago, Hierok said:

Fair points. I think it will be great to see an earth villain, but the possibilities are limited. You have to make sure there can't be magic involved. Maybe they could pull of something like Chrysalis throne. I would enjoy a super smart villain. 

Yes, they would have to come up with something creative for such a villain to be believable, and that's precisely why I'm curious about the idea. Dark magic unicorns or alicorns are cliched at this point.