Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

6 minutes ago, DonMaguz said:

Yes, they would have to come up with something creative for such a villain to be believable, and that's precisely why I'm curious about the idea. Dark magic unicorns or alicorns are cliched at this point.

I am too. Could be very interesting when done right. :)

40 minutes ago, tazmy said:

I am new enough to MLP to not be sure of everything but it seems to me this castle of Twilight’s isn’t doing much and her role as princess is still unclear beyond spreading friendship.  

I want there to be development into how Twilight as a princess fits into the big picture of Equestria.  Her castle has no guards, she isn’t in charge of a  particular territory, and right now she seems to just be lost with little to do.  Can people petition her for favors as one normally does with royalty?  Does she have to settle diplomatic disputes?  Shouldn’t her castle be used for something more than just a map? What kind of big princess decisions does she need to make?  I would like to see the rest of the main 6 officially as her court (they have thrones after all, right?) and Celestia to give her official reign over some regions to ease the burden on Celestia and Luna (much like Cadence has the Chrystal Empire).

But again, I am new enough I don’t know how much sense this makes.

I've had similar thoughts since the end of season 4. I wouldn't say she needs to rule over a region; kind of the point of her princess struggle was deciding her role was as more of a mediator across Equestria than a lofty authority figure.

However, I agree that she doesn't seem to be living up much to her purported role and the rest of the Mane 6 have diverged in purpose to a point where they feel little like they are supporting that vision. The map has largely failed to impress me as a central plot device.

It seems like there's talk of a different centralizing device with an academy or something next season which may be able to do a lot of what we want in bringing the Mane 6 back to full power. We'll just have to see

• Brohoof 1

The thing I want to see is not a Season 8 thing, unfortunately. It would be too soon after the Season 7 finale, and needs some time to stew first. We've had three dark-themed villains, who drew bonus power from the shadows. Nightmare Moon, Sombra, and now the Pony of Shadows. And in that last one, there was a line from Stygian about the Shadows promising him things. And when Stygian was released from the Pony of Shadows, *something* was still pulled into Limbo.

Disregarding the comics because they're inconsistent on this: it's heavily implied in the show that 'the Shadows' are a power unto themselves, but can't do much without an agent. I want to learn more about this. If you want a modern villain instead of yet another 'threat from a thousand years ago': Someone going around salvaging scraps of power and info left behind from the battles with the various shadow-villains, trying to make contact with the Shadows for themselves. Maybe that Earth Pony villain people want to see. Someone resentful of how Earth Ponies aren't as flashy and the like as pegasi and unicorns, and looking for a way to even the odds.

But as I said before, that would be more a Season 9 thing, given that Season 8 looks like it's completely spoken for already.

• Brohoof 3

55 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

When are we going to see Scootaloo’s parents? I mean, I think they’re dead. Right?

We already have, she's the love child of Dr. Whooves and Derpy. Her mother is always away because she gets lost a lot. Hell, before Twilight became an Alicorn and after she destroyed Town Hall, Scootaloo's mom vanished for six months with no explanation only to appear magically in Canterlot. Her father is chilling on time carpet metaphors or some such. 

They've both died a few times, but they keep coming back looking like other ponies until they get plastic surgery from Angel Bunny. That buns has mad skills with a knife. 

Right?

On 11/8/2017 at 5:14 PM, Fhaolan said:

and needs some time to stew first.

For a moment I thought you wanted an episode about soup cooking. I was all on board ... then you had to go all lore wishy. Every fan has been asking for that fabled soup episode for years! You're such a tease Fhaolan. 

;)

• Brohoof 7

2 minutes ago, Jeric said:

We already have, she's the love child of Dr. Whooves and Derpy. Her mother is always away because she gets lost a lot. Hell, before Twilight became an Alicorn and after she destroyed Town Hall, Scootaloo's mom vanished for six months with no explanation only to appear magically in Canterlot. Her father is chilling on time carpet metaphors or some such. 

They've both died a few times, but they keep coming back looking like other ponies until they get plastic surgery from Angel Bunny. That buns has mad skills with a knife. 

Right?

That doesn’t sound quite right, but I don’t have any evidence to disprove you so... headcanon accepted.

• Brohoof 6

1 minute ago, MAIKUN said:

This is WHY we should see an episode when the CMC disbands for good....agreed?

You're not gonna get much, if any, support on that. They have no reason to disband and they have plenty of stories to tell.

• Brohoof 6

4 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

You're not gonna get much, if any, support on that. They have no reason to disband and they have plenty of stories to tell.

Well maybe they should or give up on their Cutie Marks to become Blank Flanks again. And also, COTLM should've been erased or banned in the first place. Agreed?

6 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

Well maybe they should or give up on their Cutie Marks to become Blank Flanks again. And also, COTLM should've been erased or banned in the first place. Agreed?

For one; please quit assuming others will agree with you on these ideas.

Second, no. CotLM remains one of the god-tier episodes of FiM in my view, and I have no reason or wish to ever see the CMC backtrack like that. They've come WAY too fair since their season 1 days of annoying kid tendencies and have become such strong and interesting characters. It'd be a damn shame to lose all of that.

• Brohoof 9

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm new to the forums, but here is what I think should be the episode list in S08 with an explanation with one of them:

- Chrysalis returns Pt 1 & 2

- Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie Episode (I don't recall them having an episode together for a while)

- Starlight looks into the history of King Sombra

- SOL filler episode that includes the Main 6, Starlight, Spike, and maybe Trixie

- Princess Celestia Episode

- Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash remember their foalhood together

- Discord and Pinkie episode

- Shining Armor, Cadance, and Flurry heart solo episode

- Lyra and Bon Bon episode

- Starswirl Episode

- World Building Episode

- Sombra returns but only breifly

- Return of Flutterbat (In a better way than Scare Master)

- An Episode that introduces a recurring series villian

- CMC episode on Hearth's Warming Eve

- Big Mac x Sugar Belle Episode (I swear Hasbro, if you wuss out on this ship too *static*)

- No play centered Christmas Episode (A lot like them but I really don't. I just feel like I'm being cheated out of good lore because it's the Main Cast doing the plays and I really don't like that)

- HypoGryph/Seapony Episode (They were in the movie, they better be incoporated in the show!)

- Another Episode on Bright Mac and Pear Butter

- Moondancer and Twilight Episode (I would like to see more development from Moondancer. She is an really interesting character and needs more development)

- Spike and Fluttershy episode

- Tirek escapes Tartarus again, Sombra comes back a 3rd time and both team up with Chrysalis Pt. 1 & 2

Now for the Lyra and Bon Bon Episode. I think they were the main stars of Slice of Life. Granted, they had to share the limelight with Octavia, DJ Pon-3, Time Turner/ Doctor Whooves, and Derpy Hooves/Ditzy Doo but in my opinion they are the most well known pair in MLP. you show them a picture of those two and we can list what we think about them and what is going on inside their heads. If we get an episode that has Lyra and Bon Bon gain a center focus, it would great to see their personalities that we saw barely if little of from SoL. Is Lyra really interested in Humans or is she just doing the sitting thing because it's comfortable? Do Bob Bon/Sweetie Drops and Lyra live together or do they have their own separate homes? These are questions that SoL couldn't answer but an episode featuring these two could.

Then we come into the biggest idea. Starlight will need a student relatively soon. This is obvious as Starlight is exceeding in everything she is doing and more. If you ask me, a perfect student for Starlight once she Graduates (not becoming an Alicorn but instead becoming a very successful Unicorn) is Lyra Heartstrings if the Lyra and Bon Bon centered Episode shows Lyra to be exceptionally weak at Magic. People will request that Trixie be her student but I think Trixie can fit the role of a much funnier and much more snarky assistant just as much.

So do you agree? Disagree? Please give me your thoughts. Would love, love, love to hear them!

TDF34

• Brohoof 3

On 11/15/2017 at 11:43 AM, PathfinderCS said:

For one; please quit assuming others will agree with you on these ideas.

Second, no. CotLM remains one of the god-tier episodes of FiM in my view, and I have no reason or wish to ever see the CMC backtrack like that. They've come WAY too fair since their season 1 days of annoying kid tendencies and have become such strong and interesting characters. It'd be a damn shame to lose all of that.

In a matter of the fact, yes I would love to see the CMC backfire like that for sure! 1) I truly hate COTLM a lot because it has to do with manipulation and abusive and 2) Giving them cutie marks WAS a biggest mistake that they ever done.

On 11/29/2017 at 10:27 AM, MAIKUN said:

In a matter of the fact, yes I would love to see the CMC backfire like that for sure! 1) I truly hate COTLM a lot because it has to do with manipulation and abusive and 2) Giving them cutie marks WAS a biggest mistake that they ever done.

You need to stop saying that. Especially because 1. It's complete and utter bollocks. And 2. It will NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS happen!

I'm tired of seeing this. You are alone on this. Absolutely no one agrees with you. You are wasting. Your. Time.

• Brohoof 7

On 11/29/2017 at 7:27 AM, MAIKUN said:

I respectfully disagree with you on this one my friend. The cutie mark crusaders are, in my opinion, one of the greatest parts of FiM. They bring an innocence and a sort of charisma to the show, and they experience things that real life adolescents/kids face. It's hard to find your place in the world! Destroying the bond that the CMC have would be counterproductive and contradictory! 

As for their cutie marks, I think that they're great! I mean, seeing the CMC fail at various tasks can get old. It was time for a change. I love the way that they executed it too! On top of all this, their cutie marks bind and unite them together forever. They say it themselves: "Cutie Mark Crusaders forever!" Disbanded them would make no sense, and to be blunt, be very fucking stupid. 

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, SoberStarlight said:

As for their cutie marks, I think that they're great! I mean, seeing the CMC fail at various tasks can get old. It was time for a change. I love the way that they executed it too! On top of all this, their cutie marks bind and unite them together forever. They say it themselves: "Cutie Mark Crusaders forever!" Disbanded them would make no sense, and to be blunt, be very fucking stupid. 

Well maybe they should’ve just disband instead. That would work out better and besides, a Cutie Mark can change anypony at all.

1 hour ago, MAIKUN said:

Well maybe they should’ve just disband instead. That would work out better and besides, a Cutie Mark can change anypony at all.

How would this fit within the general theme of the show -- namely friendship? Do you realize that this show's primary focus is about creating, cultivating, and growing friendships and bonds? How would three friends that have been inseparable since Season 1 breaking up further that theme? 

• Brohoof 5

33 minutes ago, Jeric said:

How would this fit within the general theme of the show -- namely friendship? Do you realize that this show's primary focus is about creating, cultivating, and growing friendships and bonds? How would three friends that have been inseparable since Season 1 breaking up further that theme? 

Face it Jeric, the CMC should just disband instead but after all, or maybe they should give up on their Cutie Marks instead.