Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite MLP Siblings~

NavelColt

Favorite MLP Siblings  

1 user has voted

1. 1. What are your favorite MLP siblings?

• Twilight Sparkle & Shining Armor
    • Apple Siblings (AJ & AB, AJ & Big Mac, Bic Mac & AB or all three together)
    • Rarity & Sweetie Bell
    • Celestia & Luna
    • Rainbow Dash & Scootaloo
    • Other

I like how realistic Rarity and Sweetie Belle's relationship is. They fight and bicker quite a bit more than the other siblings, but they still love each other in the end, and I can relate to that I guess.

• Brohoof 3

I like how realistic Rarity and Sweetie Belle's relationship is. They fight and bicker quite a bit more than the other siblings, but they still love each other in the end, and I can relate to that I guess.

Theirs is the most realistic one you'd probably see, that's true. In that respect I feel AJ and AB's relationship is a more rare one you'd find, but still frequent here and there.

• Brohoof 1

The Apple siblings, of course!

Celestia & Luna = As I mentioned before, I like Celestia, but I don't have very much love for Luna.

Twilight Sparkle & Shining Armor = Twilight Sparkle is my favorite pony. While I don't dislike SA, there's something about him that bothers me. I can't put my finger on it.

• Brohoof 1

More non-blood-related sibling relationships. This one is the other main one involving Dash that I really do support, the first obviously being Dashie and Scootaloo.

Dashie & Fluttershy :3

Posted Image

The reason they come off as the most sisterly-like of any of the Mane 6 to me, is because:

-Dash and Fluttershy were friends at flight camp longer than any of the other ponies knew each other, so they've known each other the longest.

-Their personalities are opposites, with Dash being outgoing and confident, and FS being shy and skittish. To that end, there are several points in the show, like Hurricane Fluttershy for example, where Dash tries to tone down herself as to not upset Fluttershy (thinking of the 'Suck it UP Fluttershy!...I mean, confidence or no confidence, I need all the help I can get. Please?' comment in said episode). In short, Dash, like with Scootaloo, gives off faint 'big sister attitude' vibes.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I voted for Rarity and Sweetie Belle. Their relationship feels authentic to me, even though I do not have any siblings. It's not as though AJ, Apple Bloom, and Big Mac are any less appealing as siblings, but their conflicts, if any, tend to be passing and very brief. For all of her stubborness, AJ is still such a dependable and loving sister; she would never completely divorce herself from Apple Bloom or lose her patience entirely. The worst "conflict" the Apple siblings ever had was during the events of "Ponyville Confidential" when it was revealed Apple Bloom was part of the persona of Gabby Gums. It was still a pretty tame disagreement, all things considered, and I don't envision it ever getting worse. Applejack and Apple Bloom's relationship is rather ironclad. There isn't much else about which to speculate when it comes to the two of them---or even when Big Mac is included in the dynamic.

With Sweetie Belle and Rarity, however, you have near constant sibling tension even if the two love one another. Sweetie Belle is so typically the little sister who wishes to help and impress her older sister; Rarity is generally aloof or tepid with respect to Sweetie Belle's desire to be of use. In other words, Rarity is old enough to have to balance both professional and familial responsibilities. It was clear in "Sisterhooves Social" and "Ponyville Confidential" that the two of them do not frequently communicating on the same wavelength; their concepts of fun and producitivity tend to clash with their individual interests. I think that is an interesting dynamic which no other set of siblings really possesses.

A good example of what appeals to me about their relationship can be found in this wonderful story by Lucky Dreams.

And Sweetie Belle is super adorable. Don't you dare lie to me and say otherwise.

So little was actually developed between Twilight and Shining Armor on-screen that I am disinclined to put them on my list. Although I love "B.B.B.F.F." as much as the next fellow, the two of them didn't interact during "A Canterlot Wedding" without the specter of either the wedding ceremony or doppelgänger Cadance hanging over their heads. Truth be told, I'd be happy to see more ineractions involving Twilight and Cadance in order to get a better sense of why Twilight held Cadance in such high regard. We can well imagine why such is the case, but seeing the developed dimensions of their relationship would be neat.

Celestia and Luna as siblings could use more development, too. And I rather enjoy the concept of watching fan fiction writers scramble as soon as that episode hit the airwaves.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

For me it goes

AJ+AB > Cake Twins > Rarity + Sweetie > Twilight + Armor

Applejack and Apple Bloom are great with each other because AJ has grown to respect Apple Bloom more as a older filly and less of a baby in Sisterhooves Social and season 2. Cake Twins are super adorable and I love baby ponies. They have a kinship towards each other already when Pumpkin used her magic to fly with her brother. Rarity and Sweetie are like conflicting sisters because it seems like there's still a large age gap in how they act and view each other as seen in Sis-Social and Ponyville Confidential. Twilight and Armor was nice in the finale but that's the only instance we've seen them interact.

I want Inky and Blinky Pie in season 3 (or whatever their official names are going to be)

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

If Big Macintosh is anything like me (which I imagine him to be), he'd be the one that when you're sitting by yourself reading a book, he'd tap you on the shoulder, (you'd look up) hand you a spoonful of freshly made cookie dough and wordlessly head back to the kitchen; his friendly gesture following a hard day of work outside that started so early that you didn't get a chance to say good morning, and you're already winding down after your own day.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

If Big Macintosh is anything like me (which I imagine him to be), he'd be the one that when you're sitting by yourself reading a book, he'd tap you on the shoulder, (you'd look up) hand you a spoonful of freshly made cookie dough and wordlessly head back to the kitchen; his friendly gesture following a hard day of work outside that started so early that you didn't get a chance to say good morning, and you're already winding down after your own day.

I've always found it interesting to ponder the trio relationship that the three Apple Siblings have together, actually. You've got AB being the young one, with two older role-models at the same time: one is outgoing, affectionate, wise, mature, but can also be stern and stubborn, and the other is soft-spoken, easy-going, a hard-worker, friendly, but also shy and slightly reclusive. It makes me wonder about the dynamic that goes on, I mean, as the show even shows, AB naturally ends up spending more time with her sister than Big Mac, due to A: He seems to have a lot more frequent chores he tends to than AJ, and B: With polar opposite personalities, AJ has a leg-up on social interactions, thusly, spends a lot more time with AB in town. But who knows, Big Mac may interact a lot with both of them at the start and end of the day when they're all home, resting or just taking it easy. I wonder if AJ and her brother have ever talked about such things, or if it's an unspoken understanding of the family dynamic.

Would make a good fanfic.

--

Anywho, my list now goes like this:

Applejack & Apple Bloom

Rainbow Dash & Scootaloo (surrogate)

Twilight Sparkle & Shining Armor

Rarity & Sweetie Belle

Celestia & Luna

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 2

Although Applejack is quickly becoming my favorite pony, I have to go with Twilight Sparkle and Shining Armor. Maybe if we see more of them in action, I'll have a greater appreciation. Or if they ever get to actually point out that they are orphans, though it's all but confirmed.

I have to say Sweetie Belle and Rarity. They feel the most 'real' to me. As far as me and my siblings, and other siblings I know, its not perfect. Siblings fight, they have conflict, they annoy each other. But they also love one another, and support each other, but there is a fine line between conflict and affection. When siblings are younger its typically more obvious because well, you are younger. But even as adults siblings fight.

I can understand the siblings of both sweetie belle, and rarity. I am a middle child so I have been both a younger and older sister. Thinking from the perspective of Sweetie Belle, I know what its like to look up to my big sister, and want to be like her but failing at doing so and getting chewed out for things I have done. I used to tag along with her, and she was annoyed by that. But at the same time when she would notice me getting bullied at school, she would stick up for me. Even if it was the whole 'Only I get to bully her!' sort of speach. As I got older I accepted, I am NOT like my sister, and trying to be like her wouldn't work out since I have my own skills and talents.

As an older sister I remember being irritated when my little brother would follow me everywhere, or I would have to watch him, or when he would do the annoying younger sibling things, ect. But I still love him, and we are still very close.

With the Apple family I just...I dont feel that its very real to expect that siblings will just always get along and be perfect and never fight. When have we seen any of them fight? Not counting the cold shoulder apple bloom got in ponyville confidencial, since that isnt so much 'sibling' related, and had apple bloom nto been their sister she would have still gotten it. But they seem to be shown as 'perfect' siblings, and honestly that doesn't feel real to me. I dont know any siblings that dont fight and annoy each other sometimes. And I just dont feel the Apples have any conflict, even minorly.

With twilight and her brother, we dont know enough about their history or their relationship to really know if they fought sometimes growing up. I know when I think back, i tend to remember the 'best' times and wave off the worst, which could have been what twilight did when she would bring up her brother. She loves him obviously, and prefers to reflect on tehir better times growing up since those are the ones she held most dear.

Other siblings I dont think we have seen enough of their relationships to really judge how they are. And I dont count any with RD since she doesn't appear to have siblings. And in all honesty, she doesn't treat scootaloo all that well. Scootaloo just seems to look up to her. She does seem to have a level of 'protection' for fluttershy, but even then she's hard on her. I believe lauren at one point said that she didn't give RD any siblings since she felt she wouldnt' be a very caring big sister, or something like that. I forgot where I read it.

Anyways that's my thoughts on the matter =3 sweetie belle and rarity all the way!

• Brohoof 2

With the Apple family I just...I dont feel that its very real to expect that siblings will just always get along and be perfect and never fight. When have we seen any of them fight? Not counting the cold shoulder apple bloom got in ponyville confidencial, since that isnt so much 'sibling' related, and had apple bloom nto been their sister she would have still gotten it. But they seem to be shown as 'perfect' siblings, and honestly that doesn't feel real to me. I dont know any siblings that dont fight and annoy each other sometimes. And I just dont feel the Apples have any conflict, even minorly.

Siblings that get along in our world all the time is rare, but hardly impossible, as I know several people who almost always get along as brother and sister. I suppose if you're looking for the highest amount of realism in the show, then Rarity and Sweetie are the ideal choice. But for me, it's about personality, cooperation, affection, family dynamic and simple cuteness. Plus, Applejack's maturity makes her the ideal older sister, at least in my eyes. Thusly, the Apples :3 It's a cartoon show about colorful ponies, that has realistic values in all sorts of places, so for me, being able to appreciate the slightly exaggerated things here and there is perfectly acceptable. But I get your opinion completely~

• Brohoof 1

Siblings that get along in our world all the time is rare, but hardly impossible, as I know several people who almost always get along as brother and sister. I suppose if you're looking for the highest amount of realism in the show, then Rarity and Sweetie are the ideal choice. But for me, it's about personality, cooperation, affection, family dynamic and simple cuteness. Plus, Applejack's maturity makes her the ideal older sister, at least in my eyes. Thusly, the Apples :3 It's a cartoon show about colorful ponies, that has realistic values in all sorts of places, so for me, being able to appreciate the slightly exaggerated things here and there is perfectly acceptable. But I get your opinion completely~

Naturally everyone has their own thoughts on the matter, which is awesome! The apple family is very much a nice and likeable family. They just feel unreal to me. But that is just my personal feelings on the matter, if I met a family like them in real life, no doubt I would adore them, and they would very much prove me wrong hehe ^^