Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite MLP Siblings~

NavelColt

Favorite MLP Siblings  

1 user has voted

1. 1. What are your favorite MLP siblings?

• Twilight Sparkle & Shining Armor
    • Apple Siblings (AJ & AB, AJ & Big Mac, Bic Mac & AB or all three together)
    • Rarity & Sweetie Bell
    • Celestia & Luna
    • Rainbow Dash & Scootaloo
    • Other

(edited)

Wow, Rarity/Sweetie Belle, a pairing of the show's two best ponies, are losing out to Twilight Sparkle and Shining "I've been in two fricking episodes" Armor?  Something is not right with this world.

Shining Armor doesn't use Twilight for child labor like Rarity does with her sister. That's why he was winning.

post-4006-0-81600900-1357729378.png

I kid. Actually, my head canon is that Rarity and Sweetie had an agreement that if Rarity was going to contend with the horrendous beast and threat to all that is fashion that is nature, Sweetie was going to pull her crap for her. Sweetie didn't seem to mind at all during the episode, so this is why I think this. Sweetie knew she was earning this trip with Rarity, so she didn't mind pulling her stuff.

But yeah, as I've said before, Rarity and Sweetie Belle are thus far the most realistic sister relationship (though Dash and Scoots have some good potential to get in arguments and such too, so we'll see). You do not get along all the time with your siblings, like how AJ and Apple Bloom are -usually- portrayed.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

Twilight Light and Shining Armor I think are the best siblings. Twilights song kinda shows us that she and her brother were both really close to each other and the 2 supported each others dreams. While the other just have not done that yet.

• 2 months later...

I'm sure it's been pointed out that RD and Scoots aren't siblings, but thanks to Sleepless in Ponyville I'm hoping for some sibling-like interactions in the near future.

Applebloom and AJ: Perfect siblings. Applebloom was pretty much raised by Applejack so they've got respect, love, and would never do something like disown eachother. I'm happy for them and all but..

Sweetie and Rarity: I love their relationship. It's like they both feel they have moral superiority over each other, but are willing to admit to some fault and compromise if the situation calls for it. This makes them interesting and all, but...

RD and Scoots: Rainbow Dash is still living in that reality where she's the greatest pony who ever lived and will be able to do whatever she wants in life because she's awesome and born naturally physically talented. She's also lazy. These are all qualities that will make her an AWFUL role model for Scootaloo. Their relationship will either A. Teach Scootaloo to fend for herself, and be more careful of who she idolizes or B. Mold them both into better ponies. I'm hoping RD, at some point, realizes the responsibility she's taking on being a role model, and works hard to develop Scootaloo into a strong flyer and good friend.

That or she'll crash and burn. Either way I'm entertained, so they're my favorite "siblings". As long as season 4 has at least ONE SCOOTALOO EPISODE. SiP was a good start, but we need waaay more Scootaloo episodes! She's been so neglected by canon that fanon has killed her parents and ripped off her wings!

I love all of the sibling relationships within the show, but I think the best has to be the Apple Family. Applebloom and AJ seem to have the most complete relationship as siblings within the show, and you can definitely notice this in many episodes, especially in Sisterhooves Social, even if the episode was catered towards Sweetie Belle and Rarity.

The Apple Family also are one of the only true families in the show, and really works to shows the family dynamic best. 

Voted others as my favorite siblings are the Flim Flam brothers. Why, you may ask? Well, to be honest, I'm not sure myself. Probably because they are red-haired singing bad guys... and they are very entertaining to watch... Also, the fact that they are voiced by Samuel Vincent and Scott McNeil is a big plus!

Rainbow Dash and Scoots are not related but still on the poll

And the Pie sisters/family are related and they're not on the poll?

>:L

Refer to this post. The same reason as Flim and Flam :3 "If every sibling relationship was included on that poll it'd feel more crowded. I like keeping it to the big choices, and throwing everything else under Other x3"

(edited)

By and far, the Apples. One thing that you cannot take away from Applejack as a character is her strong ties to her family, and the underlying potential for family storylines and lessons. It's one of the thousand reasons why Applejack is my favorite character, because she's the only Mane Six character who has a family consisting of more than just one sibling, that we actually see often enough. Granny Smith, Apple Bloom, and Big Macintosh are all recurring characters with their own distinct personalities, and there's a lot of room for family based storylines because of that. I'm dying to see an episode revolving around Applejack's relationship with Big Mac, because every time AJ's on screen with Apple Bloom, my heart melts at the cuteness of their interactions so I'd like to see how she treats her older brother outside of being work partners.

So for the people who think Applejack is boring, has no role, or doesn't provide enough to the show, you're dead wrong. That is all.

Edit: Okay I just realized Granny Smith has no place in this discussion. Still, AJ has TWO siblings, and both have some interesting quirks. I'd love to see Big Mac interact with his little sisters more often.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Honestly, if RD and Scoots counts as siblings, then I think Pinkie Pie and ALL her siblings should be up there, Blinkie Inkie and Baby Cakes. I've always considered them siblings and honestly sometimes they bring out the best in Pinkie. They're even a part of her morning "Smile Routine"!  She's going to play a big part in their upbringing as well, showing them that not only can they be successful like their parents, but they can do so with a big smile on their face. 

And Thats why I love Baby Cakes, not just because they are cute or because Pumpkin puts every bucking thing she can in her mouth, or because Pound is like the next generation BamBam, but because they provide excellent character support, as well as HAVE excellent character support. They're flawless characters in my mind.

I know, and Baby Cakes too. They're twins for goodness sakes. And the Flim Flam Brothers? Twins! This poll either should have been thought out a little more, or somebody hates twins lol

Edited by SkyeRibbonPwny

I'd have to say Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash by a smidgimeter. Because

1. Scootaloo is my favourite character

2. Scootalove is best love

3. Sleepless in Ponyville is one of my favourite episodes

But I also love Sweetie Belle and Rarity as siblings. They're adorable! wub.png

• Brohoof 2

I'm absolutely going with Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo. First, Scootaloo is my favorite CMC by far, second Rainbow Dash is tied with Fluttershy and Twilight for my favorite of the mane 6 and last because their relationship reminds me so much of my relationship with my older brother. 

Sweetie Belle and Rarity are a close second though. I thought Sisterhooves Special was just so darn adorable.

• Brohoof 1

The sisterhood between Sweetie Belle and Rarity reminds me of My older sister and I. We both drive each other nuts, but in the end we can be best friends...... Some of the time....

The apple siblings without a doubt, like a good apple cider Applejack's family complements her very nicely her siblings included. When I see Applebloom I often see what Applejack might have been like if she didn't have to take on so many responsibilities at such a young age due to the death of her parents as Applebloom was most likely to young to remember though she still has that innocence to her. And Big Macintosh seems like a more mellow and quiet Applejack, he dosen't say much but when he does say something other than his trademark "eeeeeeyup" or "nnnnnnooope" he is usually the voice of reason. You can still tell of course that he cares very much for both his sisters and would do anything for them.

• Brohoof 1

I'm partial to Twilight and Shining Armor as siblings. Their relationship is so adorable. I think they make a pretty good sibling duo. Shining Armor is the perfect protective older brother type, and Twilight is the conversely protective younger sister. I like their dynamic. 

I really like the apple family connection. They all seem to have very close relationships with one another. Aj and applebloom are my favorite pair out of them all. However that one episode featuring rainbow dash and scootaloo was one of my favorites. I hope to see more development in their relationship in season 4.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

Celestia and Luna are such grand, royal and powerful ponies and make a good team together. Despite this they both are very different from each other and have their own roles. New Luna Republic FTW! 

• 3 weeks later...

While the apple family is great and all, my vote has to go with Sweetie Belle and Rarity.

I feel like they have the best and most relatable character dynamics out of all the mane 6 with their families or honorary families in the case of Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash (which would be a close second.).