Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Any Kirby Fans Round Here?

Lore Finder

As the title says: are there any Kirby fans hanging out around here. Kirby is probably one of my favorite video game characters due to generally not changing all that much. He's always a pink puff ready to fight evil. And there's always a bit of suprise creepy stuff towards the end of the game. What do you mean it's for kids? Personally I'm excited for the lates Kirby game coming out this year for Nintendo switch. Kirby, don't you ever change.

Kirby is amazing. I've been a fan ever since I was a kid and yeah, Kirby is a cute pink ball, but he can be pretty tough.

Oh, and Kirby: Right Back At Ya! was my childhood. :squee:

• Brohoof 2

I adored Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards. I thought it was an excellent game, and it is among my top favorite N64 games, which is a big deal because the N64 is one of the top consoles IMO.

With that said, no other Kirby game has ever done anything for me and I find that sad. I think it may be because I'm shallow and in addition to the gameplay, I enjoyed how dynamic the visuals in Kirby 64 were. Every other Kirby game is just a simple 2D platformer in visuals, which just doesn't do anything for me anymore.

I want another Kirby 64 style Kirby game.

• Brohoof 2

As big of a gamer I'am, I've never touched a Kirby game, other than Air Ride. Its one of those games I've wanted to play, but never got a chance to. Back when my Firestick worked I was able to play almost every retro game before the N64, yet I never took advantage of it. Though me and my siblings discovered the Kirby animated show about 4 years prior... it was... okay, but its aged. Might of liked it a bit more if I had discovered it as a kid.

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, Envy said:

I adored Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards. I thought it was an excellent game, and it is among my top favorite N64 games, which is a big deal because the N64 is one of the top consoles IMO.

With that said, no other Kirby game has ever done anything for me and I find that sad. I think it may be because I'm shallow and in addition to the gameplay, I enjoyed how dynamic the visuals in Kirby 64 were. Every other Kirby game is just a simple 2D platformer in visuals, which just doesn't do anything for me anymore.

I want another Kirby 64 style Kirby game.

You might get your wish yet with the latest game in the series. Of course, planet robobot was pretty good on delivering stunning visuals in my opinion.

18 minutes ago, Lore Finder said:

You might get your wish yet with the latest game in the series. Of course, planet robobot was pretty good on delivering stunning visuals in my opinion.

I don't think so. The Switch version aesthetically looks just like any other game in the series. It's just 2D environments. Kirby 64 was different because the levels were actually in 3D and the camera moved about like in a 3D game, instead of staying fixed to the side although the gameplay was in 2D. It really made the levels come to life. I know it's rather shallow to care so much about such a thing, but I just don't care for the 2D sidescroller look anymore. I don't want to see games from a sidescrolling standpoint with all of the oddities like the cut into ground and objects (hopefully you understand what I'm describing here, I couldn't find a better way to describe it. lol). It just breaks the immersion for me.

I'll try to demonstrate a difference

Kirby 64:

Kirby+64+The+Crystal+Shards+Digitally+Do

Kirby Switch/other Kirby's:

KirbyStarAllies.jpg

(To be fair, the greener area shown in Kirby Switch does have more of the 3D environment feel to it, and less of the cut into ground/platforms/etc., but the camera is still restricted and it still looks a lot less 3D than Kirby 64 if you understand what I'm getting at)

Well you're looking at a person that's a huge fan of kirby and played every kirby games except rainbow curse and tilt n tumble (which is me of course) and played as kirby in SSB series. My favorite abilities were mirror, smash (or SSB in other words), and sword (including elemental swords). As of my favorite role in team kirby clash, it would be beam mage. Super abilities, i would say ultra sword and flare beam.

if you guys were talking about kirby switch, it's called kirby star allies. It Has that kirby super star, kirby's return to dreamland, kirby 64, and kirby squeak squad feels. Multiplayer play has the same helpers as kirby super star, can support 4 players, and combination abilities are back.

if you guys have a 2/3DS, there's kirby battle royale demo available. I think you can transfer the stuff you have from the demo to the full game also some features will be unavailable in a demo play and i do believe this is the 1st online multiplayer kirby game i've seen.

• Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Well you're looking at a person that's a huge fan of kirby and played every kirby games except rainbow curse and tilt n tumble (which is me of course) and played as kirby in SSB series. My favorite abilities were mirror, smash (or SSB in other words), and sword (including elemental swords). As of my favorite role in team kirby clash, it would be beam mage. Super abilities, i would say ultra sword and flare beam.

if you guys were talking about kirby switch, it's called kirby star allies. It Has that kirby super star, kirby's return to dreamland, kirby 64, and kirby squeak squad feels. Multiplayer play has the same helpers as kirby super star, can support 4 players, and combination abilities are back.

if you guys have a 2/3DS, there's kirby battle royale demo available. I think you can transfer the stuff you have from the demo to the full game also some features will be unavailable in a demo play and i do believe this is the 1st online multiplayer kirby game i've seen.

Aha! It seems you are as bug a fab as I am. I havnt played all the games but I know all to much about all of them. I hated squeak squad. Hated it!

6 minutes ago, Lore Finder said:

Aha! It seems you are as bug a fab as I am. I havnt played all the games but I know all to much about all of them. I hated squeak squad. Hated it!

I was curious what makes you hate Kirby squeak squad cuz I have no problems with the game other than taking rollbacks for any missed treasure although I just normally go back to the stage to get those missed treasure. Kirby & The amazing mirrors wasn't that bad too, but normally I just go for health boost first and then open all the portals to the areas.

Now I know that some Kirby fans favorite ability is tornado (even though it's mine too), but I did hear that tornado ability is a broken ability and the reason why is that you have the invisible frames while using the attack even though this stuff doesn't apply to Kirby's adventure for NES and 3D classics for 3DS.

True arena was the hardest. with the exception of Kirby super star ultra's true arena, it's easy with plasma ability, but Kirby triple DX and Kirby planet robobot's true arena? It's very hard, but I got extremely lucky in getting stone ability in Kirby triple DX's true arena. Kirby planet robobot's true arena was a lot worse so you only have a little recovery with tomatoes and using amiibos helps, but I used it when I accidentally lost my ability which was mirror.

I do believe that majority of Kirby fans say that their favorite is Kirby super star and/or Kirby super star ultra, but right now, I don't know their favorite Kirby games now after Kirby triple DX, Kirby planet robobot, Kirby's return to dreamland, and Kirby's epic yarn was released.

I loved how they changed the smash ability because it was up to par with SSB4's moves and you don't take any chipped damage while blocking, shield doesn't break, and don't take any damage from charging the hammer. Mirror, It was better than the last, but the reflect guard doesn't last so I normally guard at the right time or use mirror body attacks to bypass the attacks.

• Brohoof 1

Oh look a topic, yeah, I am a huge fan of the series, I mean.. Cute.. and a game I played in the past. yup! I love the series and it's my favorite nintendo series out of them all.

I first played the original game boy game, I remember accidentally taking it home with me (it was my cousin's copy) when after a trip to Louisiana to visit family from Colorado a long time ago when I was little, and that was the first one I played.

Later we had Nightmare in dream land and I played that one plenty of times, and played it with my sister too when she could, and after that I had super star ultra on the DS a while back, I still have the original box for that one, though not the game that came with it anymore, I have another copy of it somewhere though...

And then after starting to play Super Smash Bros Brawl with friends up here when I chose to play as Kirby, it revived my love for the series and I have been playing the newer games ever since. And some older ones, Like amazing mirror and such.

Kirby is cute, I have lots of stuff pertaining to kirby now, lots of the backpack hangers that just came out, and plushies... Though I preferably prefer the yellow variant of Kirby rather than pink, I still love the series though.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

I was curious what makes you hate Kirby squeak squad cuz I have no problems with the gam

It was boring, portrays Kirby completely out of character (Kirby is a nice, friendly character who helps people out whenever he can, not some crazy person who will go on a rampage just for cake), got its facts wrong (king dedede had already redeemed himself by then), it's final boss was lackluster and didn't even have a second form, and it didn't deliver on its promises. All in all its my least favorite Kirby game. I mean, I can tolerate it, but unless I have to play it I definitely would not choose to play it.

Just now, Lore Finder said:

It was boring, portrays Kirby completely out of character (Kirby is a nice, friendly character who helps people out whenever he can, not some crazy person who will go on a rampage just for cake), got its facts wrong (king dedede had already redeemed himself by then), it's final boss was lackluster and didn't even have a second form, and it didn't deliver on its promises. All in all its my least favorite Kirby game. I mean, I can tolerate it, but unless I have to play it I definitely would not choose to play it.

No offense, but that made very little sense. Kirby doesn't even really have much of a character. In a way that's part of his appeal.

I've played four of the games:

I first played Kirby 64. I never finished it, got about to the point where you face HR-H. Really interesting mechanic in combining abilities, and I found the sort of 2.5D aspect of it really intriguing. The graphical design could have used some work, but can't expect much from 64-bit graphics for a 2.5D platformer. Though graphics don't concern me much. Solid 9.2/10 from me.

Then I played Kirby: Super Star Ultra. Absolutely fantastic game, honestly. I can see why I played this game for hours on end on my trip to Texas from Washington State. Nothing to say but excellent across the board, and I absolutely loved the challenge the additions in this remake made. It really made the game very substantial, even compared to the original. 9.6/10 from me, very well made.

I played Squeak Squad after that. I found the game not quite as good as Super Star Ultra, because I felt that it got a bit repetitive afgter awhile, and the final boss was honestly a disappointment. Nonetheless, it was otherwise good with few flaws at all. The fact it had an actual plot was also nice. 9.1/10 from me.

I then played a bit of Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, not much htough. It was the first Kirby game I didn't thoroughly enjoy playing. I found the multiple Kirby distracting, I was also heavily disappointed by the amount and quality of power-ups in this game compared to the others. It's not a bad game or anything, but in my opinion the stand-out from what I've played, in this case not a good thing, considering I find the other games I've played to be stellar. I think something like an 7.5/10 would suffice for rating.

I really want Robobot and wish I could get Battle Royale in the future (although the initial list of only 13 power-ups is a shame, I love the concept), but the shame in that is that I'm in such dire financial straits that the likelihood of that at any time soon is rather low.

1 minute ago, Duzzkilicious said:

No offense, but that made very little sense. Kirby doesn't even really have much of a character.

That's where you're wrong. Kirby has been characterized in every game but squeak squad as a naive fun loving puffball who will help anyone and do anything to protect the his planet. Kirby has a pure heart that cannot be corrupted. That's why squeak squad pisses me off. It potrays him as a maniac who, instead of going to get another slice of cake, will go on a rampage because someone stole his food.

I like Kirby and he was one of my favorite Fighters in the original Super Smash Bros, but i only ever played one Kirby Game and its a spin off one. I only played Kirbys Dream Course so far and i loved it! Even played it with my sister a lot, when we were kids.

• Brohoof 1

The Other Kirby games you can get on 2/3DS is Team Kirby Clash DX and Kirby's blowout blast so apparently they're similar to Kirby planet robobot's sub-games which is team Kirby clash clash and Kirby 3d rumble.

You'll like Team Kirby Clash DX, but all the controls and moves are the same as the originals so self-explanatory and it gets tougher as you progress. You'll be spending vigor based on the enemy you'll be fighting and it replenishes overtime based on the codex of vigor you have and it counts when you're not playing as well, but fully replenishes when you level up every time also team Kirby clash DX has a micro-transaction, but it's optional although you'll progress slowly every 12hrs to harvest gem apples. You'll start out harvesting 5 gem apples for every 12hrs so any data deleted, your money will not be refunded. As of equipment goes, unlike the equipment you used in the original team Kirby clash which is swordsman's set for sword hero, warrior's set for hammer lord, scholar's set for dr. healmore, and mage's set for beam mage, you'll start out with the beginner's set and you'll unlock more equipment as you progress. You'll get a special haltonium set for sword hero if you have planet robobot data in your 3DS, but most likely the streetpass data that's needed to get. Of course there are materials you need to buy the equipment so not only gem apples you need to buy equipment, but you need fragments to buy equipment and you get more fragments depending on the codex you have and the day of the week. Rare fragments are hard to get so you need to accumulate enough of them. If the enemy is too tough for you to handle, I would suggest leveling higher and optimize your gear of the you're playing as to best. You get more exp if you can get a platinum medal plus if you have exp orbs in effect, then that would work, but I would save exp orbs for tougher enemies only. What I do know about the roles is that Sword Hero can shield allies, but has low attack power. Hammer Lord has high attack power, but low speed. Beam Mage can stop time with fully charge beam and has good DPS. Dr. Healmore can help heal allies, but healing potency increases based on gear equipped. There are some quests that lets you complete that certain equipment or equipment sets so you wanna keep an eye on that.

Kirby's Blowout blast is like Kirby 3D rumble although the music brings back nostalgia so controls are the same as usual. There's no micro-transaction in this game so all you need is the amiibos although it has to be Kirby series amiibos only and it can't be SSB Kirby, meta-knight, and king DDD (or triple D) amiibos plus Kirby planet robobot data for extra stuff.

1 hour ago, Lore Finder said:

That's where you're wrong. Kirby has been characterized in every game but squeak squad as a naive fun loving puffball who will help anyone and do anything to protect the his planet. Kirby has a pure heart that cannot be corrupted. That's why squeak squad pisses me off. It potrays him as a maniac who, instead of going to get another slice of cake, will go on a rampage because someone stole his food.

I do believe that's how the story of the game goes. The downside parts were 3 abilities which are the Triple Star ability that's hard to control the attack, Ghost ability which is not useful to me, and of course metal ability which it keeps you from being attacked from certain enemies at the cost of low speed.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

The downside parts were 3 abilities which are the Triple Star ability that's hard to control the attack, Ghost ability which is not useful to me, and of course metal ability which it keeps you from being attacked from certain enemies at the cost of low speed.

Aside from these three abilities Kirby squeak squad actually did introduce some of my favorite one shot abilities that i would love to see agains sk I guess that's one of it's redeeming qualities.

2 hours ago, Lore Finder said:

Aside from these three abilities Kirby squeak squad actually did introduce some of my favorite one shot abilities that i would love to see agains sk I guess that's one of it's redeeming qualities.

Don't you mean crash, mike, and paint? Crash and mike abilities were the only abilities intact, but paint ability hasn't been around lately after Kirby Super star and Kirby Super Star Ultra although Mike Kirby Is just the worst in Kirby anime (or the worst singer). Crash ability was useful against bosses in Kirby Super star and Super Star ultra, but in other Kirby games that has crash ability, well using it in arena and true arena is only 1 time use.

53 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Don't you mean crash, mike, and paint? Crash and mike abilities were the only abilities intact, but paint ability hasn't been around lately after Kirby Super star and Kirby Super Star Ultra although Mike Kirby Is just the worst in Kirby anime (or the worst singer). Crash ability was useful against bosses in Kirby Super star and Super Star ultra, but in other Kirby games that has crash ability, well using it in arena and true arena is only 1 time use.

Actually I mean laser and animal.

• 11 months later...
5 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Doesn't Kirby eat more stuff than Pac Man?

I dunno about that. Pacman literally can't move without eating something going by the original game. :P

---

I've always liked when Kirby takes itself seriously. I don't care how cute and fluffy his games look at first, they're always the best when you get to the serious fights like Zero-2, Metaknight's Revenge or Queen Sectonia.