Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The season 7 finale

Creepony

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

How did you find MLP Forums?

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

I know that I'm kind of behind, but do you think that the season 7 finale was good? I like that they brought Star swirl the bearded back (Even though it debunked the theory that Discord was Star Swirl), and showed us that he wasn't really the person that Twilight thought he was. Tell me what you think!

@Creepony

Moving to Show Discussion. :)

And Shadow Play happens to be my favorite episode of the series now, so...that should say a lot of my opinion. ;)

• Brohoof 1

It is one of the strongest finales, the pillars are a strong addition to the cast, and the Mane6+ Spike+ Starlight each having a role that didn't feel one was overshadowing the other. However, I feel the Pony of Shadows was a rather underwhelming villain, not having much screen time nor showing how dangerous he really is

• Brohoof 2

Part 1 was pretty good. Part 2 sucked, hard. The setup and continuous build-up was nice, but the Pony of Shadows was underwhelming, Starswirl was a total asshat, and the rest of the cast was made into brainless puppets in order to make Starlight look better. Definitely not one of my preferred finales. Such a shame too because I love the Pony of Shadows as a concept.

It’s my favorite two parter in the show. Good character use, good character moments where we get to see just how much they all have grown over the seasons. The Pony of Shadows had a great design, as well as the best reformation story the series has tried so far.

10/10 for me.

The first part was good. The second half felt like a complete cram session.

I've said before that this would have done better as a three part episode where it has the same first part, the second part is an entire six pillars episode to play out their past story, and part three is confronting the Pony of Shadows.

Ehhhh. I wasn't very interested in the Pillars, and I kinda don't like Starlight, so it didn't do a lot for me. I had some fun with parts of both halves, but I was mostly bored by the usual "collect items, save world" routine of the first half, and the second half was, alas, mostly driven by characters I didn't care about. 

It was a pretty good finale. I do think that the episode didn't quite deliver in terms of the Pony of Shadows. His defeat felt too quick and made the climax feel underwhelming. Other than that, I enjoyed the inclusion of the pillars. I think that they were incorporated rather well. 

Well, this finale topped the movie for me but in all fairness that's probably because it was able to build on series lore that the movie couldn't draw on lest it confuse the uninitiated.  I did enjoy the movie, but I think this finale is just amazing.

• 4 years later...