Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Princess Twilight

LucasB

After twilight became a princess in season 3, Twilight literally became the 4th ever princess in Equestria. She is now royalty and have authority, but in episodes like Rarity takes Manehattan, not only was no pony showing respect to her, they didn't even realize she was a princess! Now, I understand she doesn't want to be "special", but how could no one recognize a princess? and one more thing.

Suri Polomare in that episode was the most disgraceful and parasitical kind of being. they present the kind of character that is what drags our world down, and even though I disliked the bullies back in ponyville, Suri is a whole new picture and makes even the bullies look amateur. I don't understand why twilight didn't step in and do something, this is a Monarchy (since its ruled by royalty) and I bet mighty princess twilight who saved Equestria - twice - could have done just something to punish her.

Just now, arcticaunion said:

After twilight became a princess in season 3, Twilight literally became the 4th ever princess in Equestria.

Well, that we know of, anyways. Who knows how many ponies like Cadance and Twilight have achieved greatness over time.

As for the rest of it, yes, Twilight’s Princessness is largely ignored throughout season four, which I found very disappointing. But that’s all I’ll say unless you’ve seen the rest of season four.

• Brohoof 2

23 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

But that’s all I’ll say unless you’ve seen the rest of season four.

:smug:

And yes, that's one thing that always confused me. Half the time she is treated like, well, a GOD. The other half she is treated like a normal pony.

But her friends are basically a part of her too. They ALL saved Equestria multiple times. So I guess they should all be treated like heroes, then.

I think if they made everypony treat her like royalty, then a lot of possible story ideas would be made impossible. (Not to mention if they treated the rest of the mane six like this as well!)

Plus, it's a kids show. Sometimes it's best not to question things, but to enjoy them!:)

• Brohoof 2

It's just inconsistent writing used so they don't have to waste dialog on something inconsequential to the story of the episode. Another unfavorable option is to eliminate Twilight from the episodes entirely where conflict and urgency could be solved with her status. 

They do tend to acknowledge her growing status later in Season 4 and throughout the series, so it isn't like this all the time. One other explanation is that Manehattan ponies are generally more focused on their day and situation to care or notice a princess. I mean, they didn't even bat an eye at the male Alicorn flying overhead in Rarity Takes Manehattan. ;)

• Brohoof 4

Yeah, I dunno. Come to think of it, her status suddenly becomes a lot more significant a lot more consistently later in the season, so maybe ponies just took a while to internalize the news? But even that is kinda weird. 

12 hours ago, Rhythm Red said:

I think if they made everypony treat her like royalty, then a lot of possible story ideas would be made impossible. (Not to mention if they treated the rest of the mane six like this as well!)

Well said. If Twilight and rest of the Mane Six would be treated with the respect they deserved, it would change both the entire setting of the story and the overall characters fans know and love. There was bit of a turmoil in the fandom when Twilight became an alicorn and when she moved in to her new castle. Many fans loved Golden Oak library and were disturbed of it's demolishment, not to mention the change of their beloved geeky and socially awkward book horse in to a mighty flying princess.

Characters have to evolve during the series in order to show remain fresh and interesting, but at the same time they also have to keep their core personalities and characteristics somewhat same as before. If Rainbow Dash would stop being cool or Applejack would move in to Manehattan, show would be completely unfamiliar. Also, if other ponies would adore Mane Six where ever they go, story would become very boring very fast.

It may be lazy writing and inconsistent to change other ponies attitudes towards Twilight in every episode, but it allows writers to have more leverige to create interesting settings for the story.

Well... there is a rumor that Celestia covers up those, "save the world," moments, at least until Tirek. I'm at the belief that she teamed up with Discord to get Twilight her castle in season 4. Before you say, "Celestia would never," She's done it before. King Sombra was a test. She actually loves chaos. She messes with their emotions all the time. Nightmare moon... a test. 

And you mean to tell me that nothing in 1000 years bothered her rule but as soon as twilight makes some friends she gets beat by every major villian? Do you remember how powerful twilight was against Tirek. That's just four alicorns vs Discord and the rest of Equestia. Most of that was Celestia. You telling me she couldn't beat Changling Queen?

• Brohoof 1

Twilight didn't do anything about Suri because the storytelling (and it being one of the key episodes) required Rarity and Coco to solve the problem on their own. Since everything worked out in the end, there wasn't anything else Twilight needed to do.

I would hope though Rarity at least filled Twilight in on what really went down so the Princess of Friendship could at least keep her on her radar. :sneer:

• 1 year later...
On 1/24/2018 at 12:00 AM, Egg-3 said:

Suri Polomare in that episode was the most disgraceful and parasitical kind of being. they present the kind of character that is what drags our world down, and even though I disliked the bullies back in ponyville, Suri is a whole new picture and makes even the bullies look amateur. I don't understand why twilight didn't step in and do something, this is a Monarchy (since its ruled by royalty) and I bet mighty princess twilight who saved Equestria - twice - could have done just something to punish her.

punish her? excuse me, but Suri Polomare did nothing wrong, why should Twilight do that? She has no right or authority over another pony