Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Opinions on leaked season 8 opening sequence?

ggg-2

How do you feel about the new season opening sequence?  

27 users have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the new season 8 opening sequence?

• I like it
    • I don't like it
    • I haven't seen the leaks

@ggg-2 When discussing leaked content; please be sure to use a spoiler in the future, and to not reference it in the title.

Thank you.

• The title was changed to Opinions on leaked season 8 opening sequence?
On 1/27/2018 at 2:00 PM, ggg-2 said:
  Hide contents

I for one don't like it and the photo at the end doesn't even show the Mane 6, which has been a constant since the beginning. It's too different.

Spoiler

You're not looking hard enough. They're right in the front row behind Spike. Heis actually there in front holding up presumably the emblem for the new school. And I love how the new theme song reflects some of the Mane 6 reaching their goals. 

Rainbow Dash is a Wonderbolt. Rarity at one of her new boutiques. Fluttershy in her new animal sanctuary. I also love how they added Cadance, Shining, and Flurry to the new Canterlot throne room

And hey, the song's theme lyrics didn't change. It still remains true to the theme of Friendship.

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 3

Spoiler

:mustache: I Like it, especially the Wonderbolts scene in the beginning, Wow does that pow into the action. As well as featuring all the major updates to the characters and ponyville. Hope our pony friends put on another stunning performance for Season 8  and beyond. :please:

• Brohoof 1

NOT a fan at all. My least-favorite intro, TBE.

Spoiler

The backgrounds have way more detail in them, and the RM5 sometimes get lost. The sharp zooming of the camera as AJ bucks the apple tree (within just a few seconds) is extremely excessive. There's way too much crammed into 30 seconds, and the result is a muddled eyesore.

• Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Hide contents

The backgrounds have way more detail in them, and the RM5 sometimes get lost. The sharp zooming of the camera as AJ bucks the apple tree (within just a few seconds) is extremely excessive. There's way too much crammed into 30 seconds, and the result is a muddled eyesore.

Look at it this way:

Spoiler

Gives more reason to re-watch the theme song and see what you missed the first time, which is a plus in my book! 

Also. It shows the mane 6 reaching their goals in the past.

29 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Look at it this way:

Hide contents

Gives more reason to re-watch the theme song and see what you missed the first time, which is a plus in my book! 

Also. It shows the mane 6 reaching their goals in the past.

Spoiler

That's a large minus, unfortunately. Thirty seconds isn't a lot of time, so it's DHX's responsibility to show they're the main characters. Instead, several cuts are filled with a whole bunch of noise that the intro doesn't generally need. For two examples:

1. The panel with Pinkie firing her party cannon is easily the worst cut. She's one of the main characters, but she's in the background in favor of the School Six. The eyes look at the School Six first, because they're both closer and to the left of the screen.
  2. There's a very poor sense of perspective, also, in FS's cut; its equal saturation puts the sanctuary in the same foreground plain as FS and Angel. Desaturating the animal sanctuary would make her and Angel stand out far better.

Keeping the scenes simple draws our eyes better on the characters. The previous intros handle that better than S8's.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:
  Hide contents

That's a large minus, unfortunately. Thirty seconds isn't a lot of time, so it's DHX's responsibility to show they're the main characters. Instead, several cuts are filled with a whole bunch of noise that the intro doesn't generally need. For two examples:

1. The panel with Pinkie firing her party cannon is easily the worst cut. She's one of the main characters, but she's in the background in favor of the School Six. The eyes look at the School Six first, because they're both closer and to the left of the screen.
  2. There's a very poor sense of perspective, also, in FS's cut; its equal saturation puts the sanctuary in the same foreground plain as FS and Angel. Desaturating the animal sanctuary would make her and Angel stand out far better.

Keeping the scenes simple draws our eyes better on the characters. The previous intros handle that better than S8's.

Spoiler

You do know nowadays people can pause the video.

Honestly, that's your subjective opinion. I bet a lot of people will say they love the new theme song once it officially comes out!

2 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Reveal hidden contents

If this is the first intro of the show, my impression is ... who are the main characters of this show?

• Brohoof 2

Despite the fact the show try to crammed too much characters, and make little effort to make true main characters stand out, the visuals are just stunning in 30s, I don't have to skip the intro in every episode anymore because it's awesome. Here are some detail  why I like this  new intro more than some "upgrade version" intro of past season.

Spoiler

- Thanks god, they let Luna sit next to Celestia, they are the same rank right now... wait, but they let Shinning Armor and Cadance sit next to them... IT's MEANINGLESS:angry:

- By a way, Flurry really want that picture.

- Aw, Starlight~, you finally sit in the front along with Twilight and friends (not your waifu Trixie), like a mane 7 you are supposed to be, but IN THE PAST 2 SEASONS, YOU DIDNT LOOK LIKE A MANE 7 TO ME!!!!:angry: Enough bullshit, time to get your own element and stick it on the tree!!! You still have a long way to go, young one, Sunset already joined rainbow heavy squad and shoot some moth#5F$^ker, you are too lazy now!:angry:There is only 2 seasons left, DOUBLE TIME!

- Maud, please, don't bring a rock in front of Twilight castle and SMASH IT!

- Thanks gods, that school is not CRYSTAL :ph34r:

- Fire and Bug type wont go along with each other but it isnt Pokémon, it's FIM.

- Aw, Discord doesn't have to hide in Fluttershy house, he has a nice day in Fluttershy sanctuary IN THE BACKGROUND.

- NO, BIG MAC, do not flirt your girlfriend, in front of the school.

-> Ahahahahaha, it show us even some worse episodes of show can leave some positive impacts (yeah I am talking about Triple Threats, Fluttershy Leans In, and Hard to Say Anything)

- Oh Spike, you use the shield to hide your 'things', right? You cant fool me, I am a psychic.:toldya:

- The last positive thing that make this intro far superior than some in last seasons is no CHARACTERS WHO ARE NOT IMPORTANT FOR THE THEME OF THE SEASON, named Snip&Snail, Major Mare, Cake family, Zecobra in the picture. Those new characters and old characters in the picture will represent the theme of show, this is perfect....... wait, wait, no fucking CMC in the picture!? What!? They just merely appear in the beginning of the song...

Hasbro, you always got your priorities WRONG ... ALL. THE. TIME!!!:eww:

As I have mentioned please keep any and all mentions to leaked material in spoilers. Unless it's been officially released by Hasbro or any related company; it stays in spoilers.

Thank you.