Dancing With Death

Gamer Pizza

(edited)

This is a bit of a different episode idea I have. Hopefully, it’ll start the shipping between Pinkie Pie and Death Jr.

Pinkie Pie, while working at Sugarcube Corner, notices a new pony with a black torn cloak that covers his face. Calling himself “D.J.”, the new pony spends the rest of his day with Pinkie Pie. At the end of the day, he says that she is “full of not-deadness”, which confuses her. When she tries to find out more about him, he runs away and trips over a rock, causing his cloak to come off and reveals himself as a skeleton. After a panic session from everyone's favorite pink pony, D.J. explains that he is the son of the grim reaper, and his real name is Death Jr. He was only in the mortal realm because he wanted to see what mortals were like. Pinkie understands, and offers to introduce him to all her friends.

Then...stuff gets REAL.

Death himself shows up and tells his son that he needs to return to the land of the dead. Death Jr refuses, saying that Pinkie Pie “is better than a dead dog”. Enraged, Death Sr. tells his son that he will see for himself if mortals are worth saving. Death Jr isn’t phased, though. He tells Pinkie Pie that he likes the mortal world.

Later, the two ponies stumble across Fluttershy crying over a dead animal. Death Jr doesn’t understand why she’s crying, and he tells her “get over it. It’s gonna happen sooner or later.” Pinkie Pie then tells him that when somepony or something dies, they can’t un-die.

Death Jr then tries to bring the animal back to life, turning the animal into a zombie. When that doesn’t work, Death Jr allows the animal to die for good.

Death Sr shows up again, but this time, he’s here to give his son the family scythe for learning the true meaning of death. He allows his son to return to the afterlife, but Death Jr refuses, claiming he has already found the definition of life.

Edited by Gamer Pizza
Word choice

1 hour ago, Gamer Pizza said:

Pinkie Pie then tells him that when somepony or something dies, they can’t un-die.

Why would the literal son of the personification of death not know this already? I mean, he should be fully aware that death is permanent.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Yamet said:

Why would the literal son of the personification of death not know this already? I mean, he should be fully aware that death is permanent.

Well, he spent his entire “life” in the afterlife with only a dead dog as his companion. That, and he’s still new to this whole “mortality” thing.

42 minutes ago, Gamer Pizza said:

Well, he spent his entire “life” in the afterlife with only a dead dog as his companion. That, and he’s still new to this whole “mortality” thing.

Right, but his father is literally the personification of death. I don't think it'd be unreasonable to assume that he'd at least know the basic thing about how it works.  

56 minutes ago, Yamet said:

Right, but his father is literally the personification of death. I don't think it'd be unreasonable to assume that he'd at least know the basic thing about how it works.  

Okay, sure. He WOULD know the basics of death, but he WOULDN’T know why mortals make such a big deal out of it.

On a side note, would you ship Pinkie Pie and Death Jr?

Just now, Gamer Pizza said:

On a side note, would you ship Pinkie Pie and Death Jr?

No, mainly because I think Pinkie would be a bit too cheerful and lively to be in a relationship with someone who is the son of death.