Bones are piling up in Celestia's castle. What do you do?

KillerKingBakudan

You're invited to the next Grand Galloping Gala. For the first hour, it doesn't seem like anything special. But Celestia makes a surprise announcement that she says is sure to blow everypony's expectations away.

She shows the crowd a very elegant-looking mirror that actually turns out to be a portal. It looks very similar to the one Twilight used to jump to the human world, except this mirror leads to a dimension that Celestia likes to call "Euphoria". She claims that this recently discovered realm can be anything you want it to be upon entry. Life as a princess has been understandably difficult for her, so traveling there has helped her relax more than any spa ever could. You could find yourself at a beach, in a colorful and delicate garden, on a serene mountain top, or any other joyful setting your heart desires. Even Heaven. All you have to do is step in the mirror, and you're there.

The ponies get real ecstatic, and they're invited to walk through the mirror in a single file line, free of charge. You're a bit skeptical, so you decide to hang around in the ballroom until you try some of the hors d'oeuvres. You feel the need to complain to the chef that he's serving you crap. You ask for directions to the kitchen, then proceed through a tower and head downstairs until you notice this strange light illuminating beneath a door. And a loud crash can be heard subsequently each time the light begins to fade.

You open this door and walk into a cellar with what appear to be skulls and bones scattered all over the floor.
When you examine them more closely, you see the bones are consistent with pony anatomy, for both mares and stallions alike. You take a minute to avoid pissing yourself and start questioning what the hell they're doing there. You discover the answer quickly when you notice another mirror in the corner of the room. It looks identical to the one Celestia just showcased in the ballroom, and like that mirror, it seems to be a gateway to another realm. Except as this one's beginning to light up, you feel as if something's about to come through. And sure enough, another pony skeleton comes flying out and breaks into pieces when it hits a wall.

So you freak out and run back to the ballroom to tell Luna. The news doesn't appear to phase her in the slightest. When you insist on taking her down to the cellar, she gets increasingly annoyed. She agrees to go with you on the condition that you shut the hell up. You both enter the cellar, and as you take another sweep around the room, you begin to notice other items have begun to pass through the portal and land on the pile of bones. Many of them were personal accessories that look distinctly familiar to you, including Maud's pet rock, Trixie's hat, Vinyl Scratch's sunglasses, a pair of Wonderbolt goggles, etc. This freaks you out even more. Is it possible that those ponies were killed somehow?

Luna just scoffs at your conclusion and says you're being an idiot. The mirror lights up again, only this time, Celestia herself emerges. And she's totally unharmed. She tells you that the skeletons aren't real; they're just magically-crafted manifestations, spawned from the imaginations of a group of fillies trying to prank everypony from the other side. Supposedly, this isn't the first time it's happened. And if certain ponies can't hold onto their belongings, that's they're fucking problem. With one gesture, Celestia uses her magic to grab all the bones and other junk, and dump them into the trash chute. She goes on to say that there's absolutely nothing dangerous about the realm she's invited all her guests to. They're all having the time of their lives, and her presence in the room proves that.

But if that's true, why was she the only one to step out of the portal in one piece? And if the guests are okay, how much longer do they plan to stay in there? You suggest getting a private pony detective to investigate the matter. If this really is a prank, maybe the fillies doing it can be located and held accountable? Otherwise, why else would there be so many skeletons? There seem to be just as many coming in as there are ponies going out.

Your words anger Celestia. And with her magic, she grabs you by the neck and slams you against the wall for questioning her integrity. She tells you she doesn't appreciate being accused of murdering her subjects. Unless you've stepped through the mirror and seen Euphoria for yourself, you have no right to talk such nonsense. She will not forgive any further display of "insolence" toward her, and therefore, she orders you to forget about everything you just saw. If you continue making a fuss about it and try scaring the other guests, she'll lock your ass up in a dungeon where she'll torture you personally. And indefinitely.

You head back to the ballroom, still not sure what to think. Celestia and Luna lock the cellar and follow shortly after to tend to the remaining guests waiting to step into the other portal. The Mane Six see you in a state of anxiety and ask what's wrong. You want to tell them, but before you can make a complete sentence, you see Celestia giving you this nasty glare from the other side of the room. So you simply tell them you feel sick and need some time alone. You head back to the tower, and as expected, you hear the sound of more skeletons crashing and breaking apart.

So what then? Do you take Celestia's word for it and just walk away like nothing's happened? Or do you risk everything and do some digging to see if ponies are actually being victimized? And if so, how?

• Brohoof 2

No questions asked.

You really spent a good bit of time on this, huh? :blink: Well, for your efforts, I feel I owe you an answer!

Assuming this scenario begins immediately after everything you described, I would probably do some resource hunting, and probably speak to some certain people. If I had to face the Princesses, I would most likely hunt down these things:

-The Staff of Sacanas, to drain their magic.

-Obsidian Orbs, to freeze them in place.

-Dark Stone to mold into armor, just in case.

I would then start an underground group of people who have either witnessed what happened, or believe it strongly enough. After a bit of planning, I would storm the castle with alongside the aforementioned group, steal the Princess' magic, and then enter the mirror. This could go a couple of different ways, so I'll branch it off from here:

1. The Princesses are Innocent. If this was the case, than I would undo the damage done, and most likely flee from Equestria, in hopes of finding my way back to Earth.

2.The Princesses are Guilty. If this were the case, than I would prove it to the people of Equestria, and have the Princesses banished to God-knows-where for their actions.

So, yeah... that's what I would try to do.

Well, that was an interesting half-hour... :blink:

• Brohoof 2

I'm jealous of your imagination. Holy smokes...

As for what I'd do, I guess give the mane six an indiscreet eye shift towards the cellar and then leave the party. And town for that matter; before any unfortunate "accidents" happen.

I would end up telling at least one of the mane 6, they have to know what Celestia is doing, and I don't think it's good.......... considering she threw me up against the wall and threatened me with torture for the rest of my life, I have no doubt to believe that she is in fact guilty of killing her subjects, otherwise she wouldn't have reacted the way she had. If I can get the mane 6 to believe me, they can possibly use the elements against Celestia and Luna, as because they're killing ponies, that's as good a reason as any to have them turned to stone and locked away in a dungeon forever. 

• Brohoof 1

KOC_Enhanced_Signature.png.4b90cc740c785197afd73eab70a66685.png.4bb3411caa730089ef0d498635d6eaff.png

RA RA RASPUTIN

A crude display of savagery that yields no benefit. A mundane illness of the mind inexpertly masked as morbid genius. Come; wet your throat with this fine vintage. There is truth hidden in wine, or so they say. The guests too should partake in this merriment.

5ab1d1972f82f_cc_part3-Kopija.thumb.jpg.6bd365ea7db0c93bb23e6397d725a022.jpg

50 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Bones are piling up? There's only one thing to do!

Hide contents

Oh my Walt, that's funny and I haven't done that in months

• Brohoof 1

A Dragon as big as his love for Disney and has his head in the clouds literally and figuratively

948524045_DragonWillGuideBannerbyWifeofHawks.jpg.d26404e241135b8f330fd49c3a2858d9.jpg 

Ask Will Guide | Signature by Wife of Hawks | WiiGuy2014’s OCs

3 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Bones are piling up? There's only one thing to do!

Reveal hidden contents

I'd do the same thing in that context.

• Brohoof 1

rainbowfalls_sig.png.9f23ec82e216af1315704914cd3052b1.png

I would tell the mane 6 once we get back to Ponyville, with them swearung not to tell anypony, then I woud suggest them pretending to want to investigate the guilty ponies and see if they, uh, want to change? anyways, they would make an excuse heheh, and defeat Celestia because she is onviously guilty. If that doesn’t work then I’d visit for example Maud and Vinyl, and if I didn’t find them, I’d demand an answer from Velestia as to why they aren’t there yet. if she gives some crappy excuse, I would probably go and live with the sea ponies.

Edited by She
  • Brohoof 1

D7BFD833-A178-4E5B-9394-C55595D14920.png.b0ffd693257d1047a0a94b720d93d932.png

Thank you to the amazing @Kyoshi for making me this amazing signature! 

Go ask me anything at my Ask A Pony thread!

https://mlpforums.com/topic/177567-ask-nature-tune/

Become a martyr for ponies by fussing about it all over Equestria. But, first I’ll get evidence to incriminate the two Regal Princesses by hiding in a secret hideout from the Everfree Forest, hiring Priving  Detectives, and gather enough evidence that will spark chaos and mayhem all over Equestria. If enough evidence stacks against them I’ll become a martyr knowing that the rest have been warned.

Now its their time to overthrow The Two Regal Princesses and establish a new way of life that will not revolve around them.

Well.... That was random. I think you are wiser if you listen to Celestia, otherwise you will be in greater trouble then walking through the portal. :P

If I don't understand something or Interpret it wrong, I'm dutch. Sometimes I gamble for meanings of the words. And sometimes I write the wrong words, like week and weak for example. Sorry for it already. :smug:

Discord, Twilight, Sunset, Fluttershy, Starlight, Rarity, Luna, Celestia, Big MCintosh, Cadence, Shining, Minuette, Lyra, Rara, Sweetie Belle, Cheerilee, Derpy, Spike.

!Feel Free To Talk And Walk Where Ever You Like On This Forum!

On 3/20/2018 at 10:48 PM, WWolf said:

What did I just read :wacko: ?

If she has nothing to hide, why obstruct justice :bedeyes: ?

The portals haven't closed, so she may contend she's not hiding anything.

angry_madness_by_magister39-d7rwbm1.thumb.png.e73ed5987b7d5714bb240047d41ceffe.png

"Have a look!"

No questions asked.

47 minutes ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

The portals haven't closed, so she may contend she's not hiding anything.

angry_madness_by_magister39-d7rwbm1.thumb.png.e73ed5987b7d5714bb240047d41ceffe.png

"Have a look!"

Oh ok :wacko: .

*jumps into the portal :yay: *

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

Sig by Wolf, Handwriting by SparklingSwirls

She looks like she has an evil Chucky expression in that pic. 

At any rate I would consult first either Twilight herself or Starlight on the matter on the issue. Aside from that, given the canon track record of Equestria, a crisis of this scale would inevitably draw the attention of the Elements of Harmony or the Tree of Harmony map, one say or another.

If we’ve learned anything from FiM, you can’t escape judtice from the matic of friendship l, god or not.

• 2 years later...