Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Why All the Fortnite Hate?

Photon Jet

It's trending, so it's pretty easy to bash. I have a lot of friends that play Fortnite, but I personally have zero interest in it.

• 2 years later...
On 2018-04-19 at 7:21 PM, C. Thunder Dash said:

It takes the "Hunger Games" concept, which is really cool., I mean, I don't know why people hate Fortnite but my gut says those haters are either judging a book by its cover or not very good at it...

Is not the game, but mainly the players and the fandom.

I used to play it often a couple months back on my ps4. The game can be fun, but squeakers are a blight over there. There's a bunch of toxic players, both squeakers and meta players that leave the casual player who wants to relax after work unable to enjoy the game or learn to use the mechanics to get better at the game.

It also suffers from koolaide effect. It is way too popular. I could dare say it doesn't deserve the popularity it has, but a lot of people hate it for being popular rather for being a nest of toxic players.

Finally, the over the top trendyness makes it cringe from time to time. Lemme give you some examples.

John Whick as a playable skin. Neat, game's about being the only one to survive from a hundred players.

Deadpool. Cool. The character fits with the funny antics of the game.

Aquaman... what? Eww. No. Super forced.

Star wars? My eh turned into yuck because they did so to promote the dreadful last trilogy which was an insult to the franchise.

Kratos. Nope nope nope nope nope. What have you guys done?! Kratos is too cool for this thing! You must never cellshade him! There are too many things wrong about adding his skin to this game.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Is not the game, but mainly the players and the fandom.

I used to play it often a couple months back on my ps4. The game can be fun, but squeakers are a blight over there. There's a bunch of toxic players, both squeakers and meta players that leave the casual player who wants to relax after work unable to enjoy the game or learn to use the mechanics to get better at the game.

It also suffers from koolaide effect. It is way too popular. I could dare say it doesn't deserve the popularity it has, but a lot of people hate it for being popular rather for being a nest of toxic players.

Finally, the over the top trendyness makes it cringe from time to time. Lemme give you some examples.

John Whick as a playable skin. Neat, game's about being the only one to survive from a hundred players.

Deadpool. Cool. The character fits with the funny antics of the game.

Aquaman... what? Eww. No. Super forced.

Star wars? My eh turned into yuck because they did so to promote the dreadful last trilogy which was an insult to the franchise.

Kratos. Nope nope nope nope nope. What have you guys done?! Kratos is too cool for this thing! You must never cellshade him! There are too many things wrong about adding his skin to this game.

You've got quite the huge point there. Look at the in-game store...people spend all that money on costumes and stuff, when it only changes their character's appearance. It doesn't change or boost weapons or anything...

And you're so right about the meta players...it's just like Call of Duty. I was never good at it and how could I become good at that if I just keep getting killed the same way without any chance?

• Brohoof 1

After trying numerous battle royale games, I can conclude none are for me. That being said, there is something that feels extremely lazy design wise about these games. They kinda just toss you into a map with around 50 other players and a bunch of guns. These games just feel like incomplete versions of an actual game, and in the case of Fortnite it actually is, being that it was intended to be a PvE game. If you like playing games that feel like a demo then that's fine, but Fortnite, nor any battle royale, are really anything to write home about.