Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Avengers: Infinity War Reviews and Reactions (SPOILERS)

Octavia_Melody2

Spoiler

So Infinity War was epic. Best Marvel movie ever. Way worth the payoff. Also [MAJOR SPOILERS]

it was only part 1. That's right. The twist ending blew me away. Thanos wins in the end but.... anyways everybody got enough screentime and I didn't feel cheated. Although parts of the movie don't make sense if you haven't seen all the Marvel movies thus far.

And not to compare with a certain other franchise but Infinity War was everything to me that The Last Jedi wasn't. And considering I like Star Wars more that Marvel anyways. Here's hoping the Solo movie isn't horrible. Also looking forward to Venom.

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. - Romans 10:9-10 (KJV)

• Brohoof 1

OH, MY, GOD, THAT WAS FUCKING EPIC. Just say it about two hours ago. Too bad Avengers Alliance is no longer here tho, I would have loved to play some tie-in content from the movie :adorkable:

• Brohoof 2

Maybe it was the twist ending, but I wasn't really blown away. The humor felt a little forced at spots, and I was waiting for that moment where the team gets back together. But it never came. 

There was also a lot of jumping around from set piece to set piece. So it felt like the focus was divided a bit too much between the casts, to the point where there wasn't enough. 

It wasn't a bad film. Quite the swerve they did, cancelling the two parter, saying it was all gonna be one film, now pulling this stunt. What felt like the end of this phase of the MCU, now feels like it's got another gasp left in the tank. 

Now even more people are gonna flock to see ant man 2, Venom and cap. Marvel to see how they're connected or effected by the events in infinity war. People are now intreagued. They're left wanting more.

Still, I wasn't as into it as I was with Thor ragnarok. Out of all the avengers movies, it was better than age of ultron, but not as good as the first. 

In a lot of ways it's what The Last Jedi wanted to be, as I feel it subverted a lot expectations, but unlike TLJ it subverts them in all the best possible ways

Spoiler

Especially with Thanos actually winning, and a good majority of the heroes actually dying. I actually didn't expect them to have to balls to due that

• Brohoof 4

It was refreshing to see a villain who believes what he’s doing is right and not just to take over the world/galaxy. The movie made Thanos very threatening and a good villain. Can’t believe that we have to wait till next year for part two.

• Brohoof 3

24 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

It was refreshing to see a villain who believes what he’s doing is right and not just to take over the world/galaxy. The movie made Thanos very threatening and a good villain. Can’t believe that we have to wait till next year for part two.

Thanos is a high point of the movie, because the expectations where destroyed in a positive way. While not as much in recent films, the MCU has an history of bad villains, and Thanos in the source material fits the generic doomsday archetype, so I wasn't expecting anything different with his MCU incarnation. But damn, he managed to be over top 5 of my best MCU bad guys list, which where mostly of TV shows ones. One thing unexpected and refreshing from him is being cultured and philosophical. It's a villain cliche, but one I didn't expect Thanos to get. Also, he has a very noble goal, despite the extreme measures he employs. Arrogant, but willing to give respect and praise bravery, plus his genuine love for Captain Celae.. I mean Gamora. This movie is the shit, too bad there's no Avengers Alliance to enjoy the goodies :adorkable:

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Whomps said:
  Hide contents

Especially with Thanos actually winning, and a good majority of the heroes actually dying. I actually didn't expect them to have to balls to due that

I expected that to happen, but only temporarily; I just didn't expect it to stick (until the sequel, anyway).

But on a specific note...

Finally -- someone used the Reality Stone for something besides just dark matter!

Thanos >>> Malekith.

Edited by A.V.

Spoiler

Infinity War being called the "Empire Strikes Back" of the MCU is probably the most apt thing I've heard said about this movie so far

UPDATE: Infinity War is the biggest movie opening ever

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/box-office-avengers-infinity-war-passes-star-wars-land-record-250m-us-opening-1106777

Edited by Whomps
  • Brohoof 2

For a 2 hour and 40 minute movie, it sure didn't feel that long, and I mean that in a good way.

I am so glad that I went into blind.

I would have to say that this would be the new best and my new favorite MCU film.

Edited by cmarston1

4 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

For a 2 hour and 40 minute movie, it sure didn't feel that long, and I mean that in a good way.

Yeah, whenever I feel a movie goes by quick, that's usually an indication that I was really into it

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Whomps said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Infinity War being called the "Empire Strikes Back" of the MCU is probably the most apt thing I've heard said about this movie so far

UPDATE: Infinity War is the biggest movie opening ever

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/box-office-avengers-infinity-war-passes-star-wars-land-record-250m-us-opening-1106777

And just like...

The Empire Strikes Back

...Infinity War delivered.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

Probably not gonna see a better movie this year. :wub: 

Here's some info on who's been X'd and not: 

Spoiler

Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan)

Drax (Dave Bautista)

Groot (Vin Diesel)

Mantis (Pom Klementieff)

Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen)

Spider-Man (Tom Holland)

Peter Quill (Chris Pratt)

Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman)

Falcon (Anthony Mackie)

Captain America (Chris Evans)

Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.)

Thor (Chris Hemsworth)

Hulk (Mark Ruffalo)

M'Baku (Winston Duke)

Okoye (Danai Gurira)

Rocket (Bradley Cooper)

War Machine (Don Cheadle)

Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson)

Nebula (Karen Gillan)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
38 minutes ago, Octavia_Melody2 said:
  Hide contents

Follow Up: Looking forward to Captain Marvel movie. You all saw the post-credits scene, right?

Spoiler

Hope they at least handle her better than in the actual comics, where she just pisses you off

Edited by Whomps

(edited)

I wasn't impressed, the whole movie was pretty much we have to many superheroes its time to kill the majority of them. Thanos is also wasn't really impressive, he is going to kill only half of everything, why not kill everything. It would make stakes more interesting. If you are going to kill only half of everything, its like, okay. Its not probably going to be that over-dramatic, because people die everyday.

Spoiler

Everyone not die. Happy Avengers

Edited by R.D.Dash

On 4/30/2018 at 5:57 PM, Stormfury said:

Probably not gonna see a better movie this year. :wub: 

Here's some info on who's been X'd and not: 

Hide contents

Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan)

Drax (Dave Bautista)

Groot (Vin Diesel)

Mantis (Pom Klementieff)

Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen)

Spider-Man (Tom Holland)

Peter Quill (Chris Pratt)

Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman)

Falcon (Anthony Mackie)

Captain America (Chris Evans)

Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.)

Thor (Chris Hemsworth)

Hulk (Mark Ruffalo)

M'Baku (Winston Duke)

Okoye (Danai Gurira)

Rocket (Bradley Cooper)

War Machine (Don Cheadle)

Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson)

Nebula (Karen Gillan)

Spoiler

I think it's fair to say any character who was turned to dust at the end of the movie are undoubtedly the safest characters right now, and will definitely come back by the end of the movie. Any character who was still alive on the other hand are on the crosshairs now

Betting all the marbles on Capt. America dying at the end of Avengers 4, as much as I hate to admit it(he's my second fav)

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

That was great, but..... oh my god, just....fuck...

Thanos killing Gamora was probably the most messed up scene I’ve ever seen. I get why but... ugh.

• 2 months later...

I don't like it how there's was lots of opportunity that they could have done to defeat thanos and missed it. Watch "how it should end" and you'd know what I mean. Moreover, I don't know how I should feel about them adding Captain Marvel in this last minutes. It's seems pretty random for her to just all the sudden appear after 10 years of production and when the marvel studio is heading toward the ends. 

I get the feeling they're going to have her take all the glory for the 2nd part....which I'm not happy since avenger movie should end with the team itself. 

7 hours ago, TBD said:

I don't like it how there's was lots of opportunity that they could have done to defeat thanos and missed it. Watch "how it should end" and you'd know what I mean. Moreover, I don't know how I should feel about them adding Captain Marvel in this last minutes. It's seems pretty random for her to just all the sudden appear after 10 years of production and when the marvel studio is heading toward the ends. 

Spoiler

According to Dr Strange, of the millions of possibilities of alternate timelines after the battle, only one would have resulted in their victory. All of those other "chances and opportunities" to defeat Thanos probably would have still ended with Thanos winning

45 minutes ago, This Whomps said:
  Hide contents

According to Dr Strange, of the millions of possibilities of alternate timelines after the battle, only one would have resulted in their victory. All of those other "chances and opportunities" to defeat Thanos probably would have still ended with Thanos winning

Spoiler

1/4000+? that's bullcrap.  The part when star lord was punching Thanos, Nebula should have stopped star lord but she just stand there. Or Tony should just let spiderman do the work of pulling out of the gauntlet since spiderman is pretty strong and be a backup . Or.... just cut the freakin arm off. Thor could have gone for the arm, not the cheat and Nebula could have cut the arm since she is the only heartless one to do it. And it's strange how none of these people with the stones like loki, Dr. strange, and vision didn't use it against thanos? Not once. I get it vision is weak but with the mind stone he could've suck it up and fight on. Dr. strange could put him in a time loop or freeze the time and stop thanos. If they're worry about the reality stone, reverse the time and prevent thanos from getting the stone. But then again even with the reality stone, it cannot change time. Time is essence to everything, where reality stone is just changing what's real or not but it doesn't not alter time and it's result. Dr. strange himself can alter reality with his mystic power. And the hulk.....the hell was he scared to fight?That's very unlikely from the hulk.  

But meh it's doesn't matter, whatever happen in the movie stays in the movie. And It's not like it's a real or anything. but I just think they need to make less obvious that there're several chances that was amiss to defeat thanos. 

Nevertheless, watch how it should end: avenger infinity war. It's funny but yet it make sense for a fanmade.

Edited by TBD