Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc MLP Magic Academy OOC (Closed)

JCKane

Hey Kane, I really like the setting for this RP. If it's not too late I would like to submit my OC Gold Dust to be a second-year astronomy major. If you would prefer I could use my OC Blue Thorn for a Potions major instead (He hasn't gone through second approval yet, but I think the fact that he is an Equestrian Empire character should make up for that). I don't have a preference on what I play so I would like to play the one you think would be more interesting in the RP. (links are in the spoilers)

Blue Thorn:

Spoiler

Gold Dust:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Loud Opinion said:

Hey Kane, I really like the setting for this RP. If it's not too late I would like to submit my OC Gold Dust to be a second-year astronomy major. If you would prefer I could use my OC Blue Thorn for a Potions major instead (He hasn't gone through second approval yet, but I think the fact that he is an Equestrian Empire character should make up for that). I don't have a preference on what I play so I would like to play the one you think would be more interesting in the RP. (links are in the spoilers)

Blue Thorn:

Reveal hidden contents

Gold Dust:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm looking over the characters now... But first let me say that, if I ever do get to the point I think the RP has enough RPers, I'll make sure to edit the threads to say 'closed'.  

Secondly, you're aloud to have up to 3 characters at the start.  So if I approve both, you could use both if you want, unless you just want to do 1.

And thirdly, Astronomy isn't really a 'major' it's one of the classes.  Yeah there'll be more than 1... Like how math has Algebra 1, Algebra 2, etc.  But technically, the major is either Magic, or Potions.  But schedules aren't really 'set in stone'.  So if you want your character to focus on Astronomy classes they can but it'd still be technically a 'potions' major.

Anyways, like I said, reading both your characters, so I'll let you know if I have any issues.

@Loud Opinion

Working on Reading Blue Thron.  But for GOld Dust... "Mites Touch" do you mean Midas Touch?  As in if he touches someone or something it turns to gold?  Could you please explain that 'power' a bit more... and more about the special ring he wears.

@JCKane,

Gold Dust's Midas Touch work about how you'd expect it to with a few differences. When his hoof comes into contact with another element it turns to gold. Now I was going to ask you what an element is in this RP. Some DM's want the traditional four elements (Earth, Water, Fire, Air,) or they like to take a more scientific approach (any collection of atoms that have no bond with any other atom).

With his ring, it has a powerful curse on it that works like the butterfly spell twilight found, but instead of butterfly wings, it robs the wearer of their earth-pony attunement and gives them pegasus wings. He can't manipulate clouds because he isn't a real pegasus (unless the RP's cannon works differently,) and the curse is, in classic curse fashion, irremovable. Also, because the curse is magical in nature, he can't use his Midas Touch while the curse remains.

Nobody knows what would happen if Gold Dust were ever to remove the ring, but a curse like that probably won't go down without taking something else down with it (PM me if you want to know exactly what would happen, or you could give it a chance to reveal it'self naturally through the RP).

I hope that answers your questions and hopefully Blue Thorn isn't too vague.

As for your offer to play both, I'm still not as experienced as I'd like to be, so I would prefer to stick to one.

hmm... Ok, so both are fine... just I will warn you about the Midas touch... please ask if you wish to use it in a situation.

As for which one I prefer you use.. I'd go with Gold Dust.  He'd fit the RP better imo.  But it's till up to you which you pick.

@JCKane,

Sorry I didn't reply before going to bed. I was also leaning toward Gold Dust myself. So should I introduce myself? I know some DM's like to have control over that. I have a good idea for an introduction, but I just want to make sure first.

Also, will my character have the standard afternoon and night time away from classes, or do the potion majors have a weird schedule?

8 hours ago, Loud Opinion said:

@JCKane,

Sorry I didn't reply before going to bed. I was also leaning toward Gold Dust myself. So should I introduce myself? I know some DM's like to have control over that. I have a good idea for an introduction, but I just want to make sure first.

Also, will my character have the standard afternoon and night time away from classes, or do the potion majors have a weird schedule?

The 'schedule' I mentioned before covers both degrees.  But as I also said before, those are timeframes... not set (there's a class from 9-12)  but multiple classes in that time frame.

1 hour ago, reader8363 said:

I hope the last post I did was okay, and would it be okay, if I add another character that's either an angel or a wolf

You'll have to explain more on that.  Because the school is only for ponies.

We're just after the start of the RP... and it's around 10am but since it's the first day  classes begin... only the classes 2am and later are held that day.   They did have an assembly in the morning which introduced the new students and they showed off their skills one by one in 'demonstrations'.  @Loud Opinion

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

@JCKane
Lethe, the angel, is a pegasus, but can't remember anything about her past, I'll put her profile up
https://mlpforums.com/roleplay-characters/lethe-divus-r10130/

Ok, she works for now.  If I have any issues with her powers... i'll bring them up.  Though, again for now.... I prefer she still be in potions.   And will she be a new student?  (you can just say she was in the demonstration if you like).

16 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

she can be old, but wasn't at the school for the demonstration.

Ok.

Also, can you please explain what's going on with Merx ball thing.

10 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

With Shadow pouring magic into the ball, it's mixing them together, which creating a spell that she can use to relax, like merx's voice and guitar.

Is she learning the spell or will she need to use the ball for it each time she wants to use the spell?

12 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

she's learning the spell, the ball is just a transference of knowledge that Merx doesn't know

Ah ok.

@reader8363

Read my post in the RP before reading this... But...

If you don't have a means of escape for Merx, let me know because I have one, which I'll be doing in my next post.

21 minutes ago, Loud Opinion said:

That shouldn't be too hard as long as the explosion it'self is canon.

Yeah, the explosion stays.  Just pending on how Reader wants it... either Merx will 'save himself' or I'm going to have a character come in and save him.

Which reminds me... I need to add in some additional Side characters to help out with some more interactions.  I have some Potion majors in mind... And I need to make some 'snob' Unicorns too.

(edited)

@reader8363,

Would you like to make a reaction post, or should I react first to give you more work with? My character has an advantage in that the explosion couldn't have disoriented him, but you know your character best, and if you think they could have reacted first than by all means.

Edited by Loud Opinion