Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anime is trash. Change my mind.

Thorgir the Mighty

I hate anime. Change my mind,go full hardcore to attempt to change my mind about anime.

Note that not all anime is childish and cringey. Some are for children,and some for adults,some for LGBTs (oh God).

Rules:

No holds barred,try to make me like it,use the anime’s plot,story,characters,etc whatever you have to do!

(edited)

Watch "Snow White with the Red Hair". Trust me. You WILL fall in love with it as much as I did. It is not cringy at all, but cute and romantic and collected, and there are no nude scenes. Violence is kept to a few punches and stuff every so often. Oh, and it's set in the medieval era... kind of.

If you want to know more, either try it out first, or contact me. :3

Edited by Feather Scribbles

Q: How many Zen masters does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Just one, but the light bulb has to want to change.

I don't think you're going to be convinced by any argument, as it seems you've made up your mind already. You don't like anime. That's cool, anime is not for everyone. I think you're missing out on some great stuff, and that's a little bit sad, but trying to argue you around to liking it seems like a fool's errand, really. 

All I would suggest is that you get some recommendations of good anime (something like "Cowboy Bebop", "One Punch Man" and "Hunter X Hunter" are three that come to my mind) and just watch one all the way through, then decide where you stand, or look up Super Eyepatch Wolf's "Why you should watch XYZ anime" videos on youtube. He puts out some really good ones.

After that, the road is yours...

tl;dr - If this is not just an empty challenge and you are honestly open to changing your opinion, try some of the good stuff and see if that does the trick or not.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Nightmare Terror said:

I hate anime. Change my mind,go full hardcore to attempt to change my mind about anime.

Note that not all anime is childish and cringey. Some are for children,and some for adults,some for LGBTs (oh God).

Rules:

No holds barred,try to make me like it,use the anime’s plot,story,characters,etc whatever you have to do!

"Some for LGBTs (oh God)."

And what exactly are you implying with that?

I don't think anyone is able to change your mind if you are not willing to give it a chance. Before anyone can do anything you need to take the first step towards it.

If you are willing to give it a chance find a genre or type that you already enjoy and then try a good anime that tries to adapt that genre to get familiar with the medium.

To be honest with the way you talk dude, I don't think the anime community wants someone like you as a fellow fan. Please continue on hating it.

For someone who hates anime with a passion you sure do speak about it a lot.

Also can you give me your reason for why you hate anime so much?

2 hours ago, Nightmare Terror said:

some for LGBTs (oh God)

Don't put (oh God) after mentioning the mere existence of LGBTs. All it does is making you look homophobic.

• Brohoof 2

I feel someone should ask this question so, judging on the title and initial post:

What's the point of this thread?

Right now I perceive it as mindless, disguised trashing being covered with a simplistic reason, which doesn't hold much water. If you want to change your mind, do it yourself. Read up on existing genres, find one that sounds good to you, then search for best positions in said genre and read up some reviews before giving it a try, so as not to get disappointed.

There's plenty of terrible, cliche anime out there, if you grab the first from the shelf, don't be surprised its quality is trash.

I absolutely despise anime, but I love the art style associated with it. I have watched maybe a few, select titles, but that's only because they were recommended to me by my zealous friends and a few of them were pretty fine. It's like with movies, don't expect a marvel from some kind of 7th world studio with no cast and budget. If you find one, it'll be a pearl in sea of nothingness.

I'm sure this thread was not made with the intention of antagonizing members, but unfortunately that's what it appears to be doing. I'll be locking this to avoid any confrontation.

Thank you

• The topic was locked

As a note, there are plenty Anime topics the OP can enter to have a casual conversation about. Creating a topic that amounts to playing King of the Hill doesn't usually end well. 

• Brohoof 2