Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could a unicorn have multicoloured magic?

Senko

Could a unicorn have multicoloured magic?  

17 users have voted

1. 1. Could a unicorn have multicoloured magic?

• Yes
    • No

Just another random thought that's a combination of an add for Sleeping Beauty and an inshow background Alicorn working in construction. Do you think a unicorn could have multicoloured magic (number of colours don't matter could be 2 to a rainbow and yes I know Starswirl was white but we'll exclude that as a mix of all colours for this question please) or are they all single colours?

• Brohoof 1

I was going to say no on this, but if I Pegasus can fly fast enough where they leave streaks of multicolored light, (Besides Rainbow Dash) then I don't see why not. However the only time I think we've seen this is when dark magic has been used or when Twilight was fighting Tirek, and since it's not a regular occurrence among the many powerful unicorns we have now, I'm going to assume it's extremely unlikely unless the spell itself is to cast multicolored magic.

• Brohoof 1

I always assumed their magic color was based off eye color (with the exception of the princesses), but I could be wrong. As for multicolored magic I guess depending on the spell and caster's skill it could be possible. I mean we've seen dark magic, so a form of light magic should be possible.

• Brohoof 1

If its based off eye colour (for some unicorns at least) then theoretically if they're one of those rare individuals with two coloured eyes they could possibly have then.

I don't see a reason why it would be impossible in the same world where the ponies can unlock a box that gives them Rainbow Power. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure even the rainbow they defeated Nightmare Moon with in the pilot counts as multicolored magic.

• Brohoof 1

True but the rainobow blasts of friendship are sort of a fused element of harmony beam rather than a single unicorns power.

@Senko Wait... what do you mean "background alicorn?"

But to answer your question...

We do have a recently discovered, cannonical town full of anthropomorphic creatures that blur the line between Brony & Furry, an actual main character with a seven colored mane, and rather frequent rainbow magic, both in description & a literal sense. ( Pinkie did taste some rainbow water once and belched out rainbow fire/gas. I'd count that as "casting" rainbow.) 

Frankly, nothing strikes me as impossible in this world now.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
7 hours ago, Widdershins said:

@Senko Wait... what do you mean "background alicorn?"

Technically he may not even be a background pony as he occupies the entire screen in granny's gone wild.

Construction Alicorn.jpg

If he'd been off in the background I'd have dismissed it as an animation error but he occupies the entire screen as the only pony for several seconds as he backs from right to left so I can't imagine them missing the fact he's got both wings and horn.

EDIT

Also on looking back at it he's a flight controller not a construction pony I think.

Edited by Senko
  • Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Senko said:

Technically he may not even be a background pony as he occupies the enter screen in granny's gone wild.

Construction Alicorn.jpg

If he'd been off in the background I'd have dismissed it as an animation error but he occupies the entire screen as the only pony for several seconds as he backs from right to left so I can't imagine them missing the fact he's got both wings and horn.

He is a princess.

In early episodes I noticed from re-watching that Twilight when moving the Ursa Minor, she does multiple tasks at once which created additional glows around her horn. Eventually causing sparks and such spewing here and there. I wish DHX kept this, it is really cool watching old episodes after watching the entire show.

Perhaps the multiple glows could be different colors.

• Brohoof 1

@Senko ... I can hear the developers in the design room for this moment.

"...okay, so scene transition, we got a guy waving the ship into port."

"Mhm. Good. Just make him one of the usual construction ponies."

"......Sir... We're up in the clouds though. He'd need wings."

"So? What's the problem?"

"… he would also need magic to hold the batons..."

" SO? Just give him a h-...." cognition kicks in, sudden flop sweat. " H-he could just hold them in his wings, right?"

" It's likely implicated the wings need to be freed to stand on the clouds. Or at least be there to show his knowledge of aviation enough to not use his flight appendages for everything. ...besides, it would look silly."

"B-b-but! Silly... he can just be waved away as another error in-"

" Dead center of screen."

" But this robs all importance of our selling point Princesses!"

" Well, Twilight doesn't have to be the main character all the time. Haven't even used the other three in, like, four seasons. Maybe no one will notice."

"Have you seen our fans?!!?"

Haaa! Love this! Know what this means! Y'all can do alicorn OCs without any powers or royalty now! Its just like real life! There's plenty that look like celebrities, just it's the rich, famous ones that inflate the meaning behind the look! 

"Yeh. Ah'm an allycorn. What about it? Pass me mah thermos of coffee, will ya?"

Or maaaybe he's the Alicorn Princess of Air Traffic Control! Heeeeeeeeeeeeee!~~

• Brohoof 2

Well, one arc of the comics had unicorn members of the Manehatten Police Department individually give off red and blue sparkles of magic akin to real world police sirens (I assume this is what you meant), but other than that, not sure.

Just rewatched the crystal empire episodes both Celestia and Twilight change their magic to that green/purple dark bubbly magic at one point so it might be possible for someone to naturally have magic in multiple colours.