Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Infiltrator. 1x1 with Unicorncob

Catpone Cerberus

Jenna again curled up against Oliver and didn't say anything, and eventually it seemed that she had fallen asleep, and from sound of it, it was peaceful sleep.

Though, falling asleep didn't always mean one could sleep, and that was the case this time, as Jenna woke up in middle of the night, dread quickly creeping up her spine. She separated herself from Oliver trying to not wake him up, after which, regardless of if Oliver woke up or not, she took off  the splint and pulled herself up using the kitchen counter as support, She then after testing her leg limped next to a window and looked around until her glance locked to something near the next door house.

If Oliver woke up and tried to talk to her, Jenna wouldn't respond and instead would just hold a finger up like to tell him to be quiet.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver hadn't noticed himself falling asleep, just that he was so comfortable snuggled against Jenna.

He woke up a little later, realising she wasn't next to him anymore. He got up, seeing her at the window. He nodded at her instructions and readied his knife.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna kept looking out of the window before suddenly moving against the wall next to it, audibly cursing "The order." she then made her way back to the kitchen "They don't seem to be after us, since they are going for the next door house..." she whispered, taking out few of her own knifes and limping to the door, pressing her ear against it "...but that doesn't mean we are safe, get ready to leave and wait until I tell you to do something." she could be heard cursing her luck under her breath.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded and kept low, away from the windows. "None of the lights are on, so they shouldn't think anyone is in here, right?" he whispered.

He kept his knife handy and stayed close to Jenna, more for her protection than his own safety.

• Brohoof 1

"Can't be sure, they are probably using thermal cameras and other similar equipment so it's not impossible that they know about us already." Jenna whispered "But considering they are going to the next door house, they will at worst assume we are just curious neighbors, but that isn't necessarily a good thing either, since they want to keep themselves secret from the public like we dragons do." she the suddenly cursed again and pulled Oliver with herself back to the kitchen and hid behind the counters, holding her finger up in front of her mouth, and if Oliver tried to speak, he would find her hand on his mouth stopping it.

After few moments of silence, sound of the door's lock turning could be heard and the door opened. Someone walked in, closing the door behind them, and after some seconds of silence a man's voice said "15 seconds" followed by the steps moving to the window Jenna had been looking out from and the window opening. Jenna looked relieved at this point, but she was still holding Oliver down with her. 

After 15 seconds had passed, the man spoke again "Charlie 2 in the position." at which point Jenna gestured Oliver to stay where he was and looked over the counter towards the window, she then started sneaking towards whoever just came in.

If Oliver was to look after Jenna left the hiding spot, he would see a rather heavily armored (this with a helmet) person on the window, aiming an assault rifle out the window. 

Jenna stopped not far from the person and was seemingly waiting for something, and after some seconds, rabidly flashing light was visible from the window, it was the flashes of gunfire, and when it started, Jenna pushed two knifes under the soldier's armor from the neck area, after which he collapsed to the ground. She then muttered something about armor weaknesses and started to go through the equipment that the person had. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded and kept in the hiding spot, his mouth shut. He stayed low, trusting Jenna to go in alone. Even with a bad leg, she was strong. He was sure of it.

He peeked up and saw the armoured figure, before hiding again. He'd never seen such strange clothes in a military, so this had to be these dragon hunters.

As the gunfire rang out, his heart skippd a beat and he nearly yelped, but kept his mouth shut and head down.

Please don't be dead...

Hearing her voice nearby made him breathe a sigh of relief. She was okay.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna quickly checked the body and took everything useful, she stuffed everything in to her backpack before Oliver would have a chance to really see what she took. From the open window  what sounded like a cry of pain of a bigger animal could be heard, and it was followed by a light that was lot brighter than the light coming from the gunfire inside the next door house. The light lasted few seconds and soon after it disappeared, the fire alarm of said house activated.

"We need to leave." "They'll notice his death soon, and at that point we need to be gone." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver began to sweat from all that was going on. Gunfire, and now a fire alarm was going off.

"Alright, I'm right behind -- ugh!" he gasped, feeling  sudden sharp pain. He put his hand on his stomach, his vision blurring. He got a glimpse of red before collapsing unconscious.

• Brohoof 1

Last thing Oliver possibly remembered besides the pain would be Jenna picking him up cursing before he blacked out, and when he would wake up, he would find himself from what looked like a one room apartment, laying on a bed shirtless. He would be able to tell pretty quickly that there was no pain, and if he was to look more closely, he would see that in the spot where the pain had been, there was a very faint scar, that maybe was bit sensitive but otherwise didn't hurt on anything. Only negative things he may have been feeling were hunger and thirst, but other than that he would feel surprisingly good.

If he was to look around, he would see that where he was, was indeed a normal one room apartment, with nothing too special to notice, besides the fact that several pieces of furniture and parts of wall were filled with what looked like claw marks, some of the furniture being destroyed to a useless state. With bit more looking around he would be able to see Jenna leaning against a table, back towards him, and next to the table on the wall was a map that she now and then looked towards.

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Oliver slowly woke up, expecting to be in pain, but he felt surprisingly well-rested. He tapped the scar with his finger, but didn't feel a thing. He could use a drink, though.

He saw all the destroyed furniture and feared the worst, but was relieved to see Jenna standing at a table. He got up and walked over to her. "Are you okay? What happened in here?"

• Brohoof 1

Jenna turned around when she heard movement, and one of the things Oliver would most likely be able to notice pretty quick was that she looked like she had been crying. When Jenna saw Oliver behind her, relief came visible on her face, and ignoring Oliver's questions, she ran up to hug him tightly. It was possible for Oliver to notice that Jenna didn't seem to be bothered by the leg anymore when she moved to hug him.

Jenna stayed in the constantly tightening hug  for a quite a long moment, before backing away and putting her hand on Oliver's forehead to seemingly check his temperature, she then put her hands on his shoulders and looked at him with mix of relief and worry "I was so worried..." she then looked down letting out a mixed laugh that indicated she didn't know what to feel and shaking her head slightly "Sorry...the mess? Let's just say that I....let out some steam." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver was taken aback, firstly by Jenna's teary face, then by the sudden hug. He'd never seen her so emotional before. Was she worried about him that much?

"I'm fine," he assured her, putting his arms around her, "which is weird, since last I remember, I think I got shot." He looked around the wreckage again. "Oh, this was just you? I thought a fight broke out."

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah about that..." Jenna said and sat down, she sounded like she didn't exactly like talking about what she was to say "...you indeed did get shot, it didn't hit anything too important, but you had lost lot of blood when I finally got us safe, I was also hit few times but those were just scratches and there isn't even scars left." "You were out for..." she looked at the clock "...at least 57 hours."

"But that's not the whole story, because when I found this place....well, I had to give you some of my blood, It was a lose lose situation, without it you would have died, and me not knowing your blood-type, nor how dragon blood reacts with humans, I could have just made things worse..." she looked uncomfortable and was surprisingly emotional "...and I really thought it was the latter, because your suddenly got a very high fewer and your heartbeat went crazy, and it lasted until...well, now, it was still the case few hours ago." "I also noticed that your wound healed lot faster than it should, but I was too....emotional, to realize it meant anything."

• Brohoof 1

"You used your blood?" Oliver repeated, eyes widened. He looked down at the wound again. "No wonder I feel so good after getting shot."

He looked down at himself, and all over. He wasn't sure what to feel, since he didn't feel different. "So, dragon blood is in me now. What does that mean?"

• Brohoof 1

Jenna shrugged "I have no idea." "I have never heard about it being done before, so I have no idea what it does." "You're alive and well, so your body clearly accepted it, and you seem to be healing lot faster than human should be able to, so it's likely it did something to your DNA." she checked Oliver's pulse just in case "For now all I can say is to tell you to keep an eye on yourself and tell me if you notice anything different, good or bad." 

• Brohoof 1

"I wouldn't go that far." Jenna stated "I'd say more accurate term would be enhanced-human." "But like I said, I don't know for sure, so as far as we know it could have just been a temporary side effect or something." "That's why we need to observe you for any possible changes for now." 

• Brohoof 1

"That's true," Oliver muttered, still not sure what to think. He had dragon blood inside him, would it be permanent or temporary? Was he really enhanced? He'd have to keep an eye on himself.

"What about you?" he asked. "Are you hurt?"

• Brohoof 1

Oliver was relieved to hear Jenna's leg was better, but he frowned at her confession. He could tell something else was troubling her.

"Is something else wrong?" he asked. "Did something happen while I was out?"

• Brohoof 1

"Everything I told you." Jenna stated "I wasn't prepared how it would actually feel to lose you, it didn't help I thought I had made it worse." she had turned to look towards the floor "I..." "I..." her voice lowered almost to a whisper "...I...considered....giving up....to let Talon and The order to find me and see who would get me faster." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver's heart skipped a beat when he heard Jenna saying she thought about surrendering. That was the last thing he expected from her.

He walked over and gently pet her hair. "Well I'm glad you changed your mind."

• Brohoof 1

Jenna didn't say anything, and instead, after a second of just staring at the floor, she wrapped her arms around Oliver and pressed her face against him, again staying quiet for a moment before saying anything. "I'm so happy you're not dead, I didn't realize how much i need you before I almost lost you." 

• Brohoof 1

"I'm glad I'm not dead too," Oliver half-joked, blushing as Jenna leaned against him. He smiled down at her and pet her hair. "I'm fine now, thanks to you."

He put his arms around her. "In fact, you saved my life."

• Brohoof 1

"From a threat I caused." Jenna muttered barely loud enough to be heard, she stayed there for a minute or two longer before backing away, she had a expression that indicated that she wasn't really sure what she was supposed to feel  "I probably should update you a bit on our situation..." her voice was just as indecisive as her expression on the feeling it was showing "...your stuff is next to the bed, you should probably eat or at least drink something before I'll explain anything." 

• Brohoof 1